HHN 2012: Terror Tram: Invaded by the Walking Dead

Freak

most likely I can see us getting on the tram and the tour guide happy that everyone made out alive and without getting infected but then she notices a scratch or small bite on her arm then she turns and attacks the camera (useing almost the same bit from scream last year)

This I could see as a more likely possibility.

^ Ditto. What I was HOPING to see last year when they did "Stab 8" is have film crews of some sort and film sets, just completely massacred. Like walking by what seems like a scene of people on a date in a car, or a camping scene, or a Christmas celebration (Whoville) and they're all dead in horrible ways. Have the dolly there, the camera (fake, obviously), boom/sound guy, marks on the ground where dead actors are now, maybe a crane or two, etc., everything to make it look like a movie set for those scenes.

This would've worked very well for last year's Scream. It still wouldn't have had JACK to do with the movies but it would've been shit loads better than what we got. Hopefully they learned from their mistake last year and make TWD miles better.

I don't know, I think the whole storyline for last years terror tram. I didn't understand why the "actors" of the fake movies where scaring us and coming after us when they're...you know... Making a movie. I think it would be better if ghost face has influenced the actors into actually being psychotic killers and get into there roles.But I agree they should definitely add film crew and what not, kind of like the victims in the 2009 chainsaw scarezone at HHNO

That the TT will be completely WD gets me excited - not because it's WD (everyone knows how I hate seeing IP in haunted events) but because it's such a radical change from the past. Change is exactly what TT has needed since 2007.

Whoville really concerns me, though. Unless they change the dropoff point (can they even do this?), it presents a real conundrum. How do you tie it into WD?

I'd solve it as follows:

You are actually going on the regular old Terror Tram. Normal video in queue, with news interruptions every so often talking about a disturbance in Atlanta. Along the way to Whoville dropoff, you learn through an announcement that all that stuff the news channels have been covering in Atlanta is breaking out here. For your safety, the tram is being diverted to an emergency unload station. As the tram makes its way to the station (which is set up along the normal route), you see a tram that has already arrived there. It is being fully attacked by walkers. With the tram clearly not being safe anymore, your driver makes a panicked decision to go to the normal Whoville dropoff, thinking it is the safest place. This could be the type of "tweak" Mordy is alluding to. It would not cause a back up of trams, as they would only slow down long enough to let us see the carnage. It would also give us something NEW to see. They could relocate the tram that is normally seen at the end of the TT.

In any event, this gives Murdy justification for using the old drop off location and sets up the idea of the entire TT experience being WD. So it would make sense (for instance) that Psycho house has no Norman, but would totally make sense if the recordings of "mother" were still heard from within. All of the sets you went through could truly look as if walkers had killed or were attacking the scareactors. Personally, I think it would be cool if we saw scaractors (wearing the normal HHN zombie appliances we see every

freaking year) being attacked by walkers. Kind of like a play within a play.

This could ALSO solve the tricky problem that in the WD universe, walkers are essentially silent - and slow. The victim scareactors would be the ones making all the noise, and providing the quick moves. This could give us some brand new types of scares.

Would that be a radical enough change to satisfy you? It would be great to me.

• Like 2

Murdy has hinted thats what he sort of doing with Terror Tram. It isn't telling any stories from show, its a 'What If' involving Walkers on the backlot, so all the sets will be movie sets. He is leaving Norman as a normal photo op though. People bitched in 2010 when he was changed to drag Norman.

Zombieman,

thats how I imagine its gonna happen, and Murdy been alluding to it so far, I imagine the story is basicly there was an existing Terror Tram where each area is themed lets say clowns on whoville, Slashers on the bates motel, vampires in the forrest ect. but the walkers invade and start munching on the scareactors.

Would that be a radical enough change to satisfy you? It would be great to me.

I think that sounds like a pretty epic Terror Tram... (cont'd below)

Zombieman,

thats how I imagine its gonna happen, and Murdy been alluding to it so far, I imagine the story is basicly there was an existing Terror Tram where each area is themed lets say clowns on whoville, Slashers on the bates motel, vampires in the forrest ect. but the walkers invade and start munching on the scareactors.

... and that's kind of been something we've been asking for of the Terror Tram (Studio Tour gone awry). So hopefully that is the case and they do it in the most epic fashion possible.

Huzzah!

I don't think we'll ever go through the Mummy tunnel for TT ever again.

I've never quite seen "layman's" spelled like that. I kinda like it, though. :P

BUAHAHAHA. Even "layman's terms" needs to be in layman's terms! Awww, classic. Classic sitcom stuff there, guys lmao

Murdy has purchased an RV to put onto the Terror Tram. Told you guys were wasting time focusing on the RV thing for the maze! haha

That's a good sign. Sounds like this could be our best Terror Tram yet. There better be a barn at the top of the hill.

An RV and a barn is a very good start to improving the TT. Lots and lots of props are needed to make the area seem new.

I think it was Live or Die that had a bus that Chucky popped out of.

It was 07 and 08 that had dozens of props in the Whoville area. After that, the area just remained bare and practically what it was during regular Studio Tour outside a few cars and Chucky's insult box.

In 08, when they expanded into the hills and added camping areas for Crystal Lake, it took everyone into the world of Jason.

It was also 08 they added the sheets maze for Leatherface.

09 is when they added the burning shack, which was also a nice addition.

Last year, they tried with the fence maze which sadly failed.

I still think it has potential if they figured out a way to make it less bare and to move people through it faster.

06 - 09 was the time of innovation and many additions to the tram that worked.

Another thing we haven't seen since 08 is full scale scenes playing out in front of us, most notably at the Bates Motel. Girls would be running from mother, teens would be dragged into rooms to be slaughtered, people would be hiding in cars, etc..

Ever since than, they've just played it safe or it's failed to have any imagination thrown into it.

Let's hope they go back to that because it is TIME.

Edited by DTH316