Welcome to Silent Hill

Nintendokid33

Just so everyone knows: Pyramid Head does not carry a blade or sword of any kind! (in the house)

There is a blade in the house...just don't expect it to be in PH's hands. I haven't seen anyone mention where it is yet so I will let people discover that on their own. I just don't want anyone to be disappointed because people on here are saying that he has a sword when he does not. Carry on...

Just so everyone knows: Pyramid Head does not carry a blade or sword of any kind! (in the house)

There is a blade in the house...just don't expect it to be in PH's hands. I haven't seen anyone mention where it is yet so I will let people discover that on their own. I just don't want anyone to be disappointed because people on here are saying that he has a sword when he does not. Carry on...

Right that is why I said "There is a blade" ;)

• Like 1

I definitely saw the blade, but is there an actor in the room with the blade?

I admittedly saw the blade first and then looked up to see an actor (I believe) before moving to the next scene. Thanks for confirming that it is not Pyramid head and confirming that his blade is indeed in the house (thought I was going crazy for a second, although I did have a few Gin n Tonic's that night).

Edited by madmonk

Guest HHNPicMan

As for lack of ashes on Friday, this may have been due to the fact the house was flooded because of the heavy rains and had to be closed for part of the night.

So, just as some fun info... The house was not flooded. It was wet and slick from people's shoes. Actually, you can thank me for having the house closed for alittle bit. I was moved to a new spot in the house that night. My new boo hole has me coming right out into guest space. Thus, I came out fast for a scare and ended up slipping on the slick floor. The operations people saw me fall and decided to dry the floors.

As for the ash not falling, I asure you, plenty of ash will fall now!!!

I will also tell you that if you visited this house on either employee preview, or Friday or Saturday night, you owe it to yourself to come back in. There have been alot of changes, which, in my opinion, will really increase the scares in this house. I feel like both cast started out alittle weak, but, I think we are on the right track now.

• Like 3

This house was still pretty underwhelming... so whatever "changes" were made, i did not see them. It really bums me out because I was wanting this house to be successful (while TWD failed entirely). I also did not even hear the siren go off this time. I still think the main problem with this house is not having enough people cast.

Once again, the best part of the house was Pyramid Head...

• Like 1

I just realized yesterday that Bathroom stall guy is in the house twice, first it is just a prop and second is the actor...

so, let me get this straight, They give a character that does not even appear in the games at all 2 rooms, but Pyramid head got just one actor to play it?

wtf? I didn't even realize bathroom guy was there twice, I kinda wish they took out the prop and put a Pyramid Head in there, even a fake one.

Why is Robbie the Rabbit a prop and not an actor, I Still do not understand this, they could have put someone in the bunny suit

• Like 1

yeah I am actually really glad they did not put 8 boogeymen in this house or something, they could have done that, I was kinda expecting that since the costumes would be easier to have since it is just a gas mask.

I still can't believe bathroom guy appears twice...

Guest HHNPicMan

There are two boogymen in this house , possibly 3?

There are only 2. As for being intimidating, well, quite frankly, thats depends on which cast you happen to come across. As for general guest reactions, people seem to like this house. The surveys dont lie. I do understand however that some people may not like this house.

For example, I happen to know that there is only 1 of the Boogeyman that will actually swing his hammer at people, the other 3 will not swing. Thus, unless you happen to catch that specific Boogeyman, you will most likely not be impressed.

• Like 2

I did notice some of the changes since opening weekend and this house has now jumped to number three on my list; it sits below Gothic and Penn & Teller. The scareactors seemed more into their roles, some effects were tweaked, the siren seemed louder, and a strong ash smell was added just before the carnival. I will say, however, that there still need to be some changes to make this house perfect. I agree that this house could pass the other six for HOTY, but they must make some additional changes. I love Silent Hill and am looking forward to visiting and re-visiting this house many times over the run of the event.

Let me get my obvious bias out of the way real quick, kk? I am OBSESSED with the Silent Hill games up to the fourth. I kind of pretty much hate the movie and the games from five on. I was well aware that the house would be primarily movieverse because duh the second movie is coming out soon OF COURSE IT WOULD BE MOVIEVERSE. I was still hoping for a tiiiiiny bit more influence from the earlier games, and was disappointed in that respect. Still, I don't want to complain about that issue too much because again, it was obviously going to stick close to the newer media.

Mild house spoilers, avoid if you want to go in blind:

So the facade, it was amazing. I don't care if it was movieverse with the ash falling, the smell of smoke, and the siren, I saw that sign and I WAS IN SILENT HILL. And then Cybill showed up to kill a monster and I almost choked on my joy.

Lots of the Boogeyman from Downpour (I'm assuming, due to the cinderblock hammer?), and that was really the only overt game reference I caught. I would have absolutely died of sheer joy if Pyramid Head or Valtiel had been in there, but if they were I missed them on every single run. Also, there was a depressing lack of Silent Hill game hallmarks, like fans, and I was hoping the Halo of the Sun would be in there somewhere, but again, I could have missed it.

Robbie! I wanted a stuffed Robbie so bad, WHY DID THIS NOT HAPPEN UNIVERSAL MARKETING DEPT? ;_;

The nurses at the end were perfect, the strobe made them look all jerky and bizarre like in the games. The earlier nurses were a bit underwhelming since no strobe = no illusion of horrific jerking around.

It was a good house, but not great. I think I would have liked it better if I had liked the movie more, since the scenes from that were pretty flawlessly faithful. Probably my fourth or fifth favorite house; I hate to rank it so low because IT WAS SILENT HILL, but even taking away my original hopes for more game references, I still wasn't blown away by anything except the facade and the nurses.

I was there on the 2nd night btw, and am a bit bummed out to hear that it seems to have gotten much better over time and that I'm missing it. ;_;

• Like 1

Guest kiwisoup

What was the deal with the bed scene this past weekend? I went in on Friday and there was someone bent down fixing something and the scareactor wasn't doing anything...then on Saturday the room was completely empty and I think I saw a police officer in the boo hole talking to the security personnel or something? Also, can somebody tell me what's supposed to happen in this room, because I don't think I saw the full effect.

Edited by kiwisoup

Went through on Friday night and the Ash machine was off again for some reason :-(

Also, there definitely is not a 2nd pyramid head (as many have confirmed) and I was looking for his blade, but I never did see it this time around. I remember seeing it opening weekend, but couldn't remember where in the house it was hiding. I'll be back on Sunday for another "scavenger hunt" haha.

• Like 1

Let me get my obvious bias out of the way real quick, kk? I am OBSESSED with the Silent Hill games up to the fourth. I kind of pretty much hate the movie and the games from five on. I was well aware that the house would be primarily movieverse because duh the second movie is coming out soon OF COURSE IT WOULD BE MOVIEVERSE. I was still hoping for a tiiiiiny bit more influence from the earlier games, and was disappointed in that respect. Still, I don't want to complain about that issue too much because again, it was obviously going to stick close to the newer media.

Mild house spoilers, avoid if you want to go in blind:

So the facade, it was amazing. I don't care if it was movieverse with the ash falling, the smell of smoke, and the siren, I saw that sign and I WAS IN SILENT HILL. And then Cybill showed up to kill a monster and I almost choked on my joy.

Lots of the Boogeyman from Downpour (I'm assuming, due to the cinderblock hammer?), and that was really the only overt game reference I caught. I would have absolutely died of sheer joy if Pyramid Head or Valtiel had been in there, but if they were I missed them on every single run. Also, there was a depressing lack of Silent Hill game hallmarks, like fans, and I was hoping the Halo of the Sun would be in there somewhere, but again, I could have missed it.

Robbie! I wanted a stuffed Robbie so bad, WHY DID THIS NOT HAPPEN UNIVERSAL MARKETING DEPT? ;_;

The nurses at the end were perfect, the strobe made them look all jerky and bizarre like in the games. The earlier nurses were a bit underwhelming since no strobe = no illusion of horrific jerking around.

It was a good house, but not great. I think I would have liked it better if I had liked the movie more, since the scenes from that were pretty flawlessly faithful. Probably my fourth or fifth favorite house; I hate to rank it so low because IT WAS SILENT HILL, but even taking away my original hopes for more game references, I still wasn't blown away by anything except the facade and the nurses.

I was there on the 2nd night btw, and am a bit bummed out to hear that it seems to have gotten much better over time and that I'm missing it. ;_;

so you completely missed seeing Pyramid Head?

see, I knew this was going to happen to people.

Why put a stupid wall to have him walk from side to side is beyond me, specially when he is the center of attention of that room, the Favorite character for a lot of people and not only they don't give us more than One pyramid head, but you confirm what happened to me as well, not being able to see him.

This is not the actor's fault, the actor does a really good job at walking like him, that mask does not look comfortable to wear,

the design of this room is just a mess, I can understand that the wall was put to have Pyramid head come out as a surprise to people. but when you have a room that is empty of Pyramid head when people go to this house you have a problem.

and the lack of Pyramid heads is sad. I really wish I could get an honest answer from someone about the lack of Pyramid heads. that would be like having a SAW house and have Jigsaw Killer at the very end only Once.... :rolleyes:

Edited by Mr. Black