HHN 22 Speculation

Did the 06 Hollywood zone have props?

The only set detail "Horror Comes Home" had were the banners representing the previous 15 years hanging on the light poles. I believe there may have been a fog machine or two as well.

2007's NY carnie area didn't really have any set design either except for flags & whatnot on a light pole or two. Then you had the one carnie driving around in his demented bumper car.

2008 had the zombie drill team over by MIB, no fog only scareactors.

2010 had the chainsaw drill team over by Twister/Macys. no fog, only chainsaws.

First off, with Universal being a MOVIE company and the second movie coming out, I would think it would play to that (much more than the video games and first movie).

I would love to see ash falling, but don't know about that unless they did some bubble type stuff. I know they can do it in the houses, but just don't see it in the streets.

While the house will help promote the new movie sequel, the house announcement video flat out says "For the first time ever, Universal will be bringing the videogame SH to life". They specifically said videogame rather than movie.

They had "falling ash" in the Acid Assault scarezone last year over by the entrance of Twister. So it is very possible.

For liability reasons, they'd have to be in the middle of the street and a "no go" zone for the scareactors, but it would be pretty cool "entrance" and "exit" for the scare zone itself.

^explain please. What would be in the middle of the street?

Watching the movie, they have the insane (CGI) fog that you can't see anything through...used mostly as a transition or greenscreened in to save money. Was thinking of something like that....where they had 3 fog machines stacked on top of each other or something...and maybe a "canopy" to keep the fog from escaping (yes, that would contradict the easy to set up part, but something to ensure the fog was really thick), but had high powered lights shining directly onto to the fog so you literally couldn't see anything. It would be like walking through a wall of cotton balls.

Curbs would be a tripping hazard, scaractors chasing people could lead to falls, etc. It basically should have sign saying "submit lawsuits here".

Just wishful thinking...but watching the blonde chick spin around in the fog whiteout was just a powerful image...one that would really terrorize someone such as myself who is more than a little clusterphobic :)

The curbs are a tripping hazard during regular park hours... so that doesn't mean much.

As for thick fog, they'd done it before and can do it again. The thickness of fog really depends on the weather. Some nights the fog would be pretty thick in scarezones, other nights it would be minimal until the machines spit out more into the area. So no need for a canopy to trap it..

I'm a little surprised that there is no over all theme for Orlando. I miss the story's and the web site up dates.. It kinda feels like Universal is going backwards and it feels like a Horror Nights from the 1990's. I honestly feel if they do have an icon this year it should be H.R Bloodnguts his character is the only one that can present all these random houses.

BloodenGutz will not be the icon, nor will he return. The actor who played him in the queue video does not work for the company anymore.

And if the event feels like the 1990s, then there is no need for there to be an icon, nor is does there need to be an "overall" theme.

There has been a site update each week for the house announcements. Hell, last week we were provided concept art.

BloodenGutz will not be the icon, nor will he return. The actor who played him in the queue video does not work for the company anymore.

And if the event feels like the 1990s, then there is no need for there to be an icon, nor is does there need to be an "overall" theme.

There has been a site update each week for the house announcements. Hell, last week we were provided concept art.

The last two houses, actually.

There is nothing wrong with how they are doing things this year. It reminds me of late 90's/early 2000's. And honestly I preferred that system.

• Like 1

House announcements have included:

SH = promo nurse image

TWD = concept art, partial scene walk-through

AC = facade & two scene concept art

All three have been announced with a video, AC came with two videos.

Thats pretty good for only 3 houses announced.

I remember more than one Bloodngutz..... I think.

Also I LOVEES the projections at Acid Assault last year!!!! Didnt realized people hated them...

The actual BloodnGutz from the Que video.

Projection was also nothing special.

Also is BloodnGuts the new Eddie to everyone? What makes people think he would be coming back? Hes not coming back. EVER.

Edited by Dr. D
  • Like 2

Anyone see this on Screamscape?

http://www.screamsca...o_-_hhn12_0.htm

It looks like the facade for the Penn & Teller haunt. Maybe this will be the remedy for the Lady Luck house that never happened last year. :P

do those orange barrels not look like "toxic waste" to any one else? seems like we are going to get A LOT of disformed, melting faces, zombie like scareactors this year

• Like 1

do those orange barrels not look like "toxic waste" to any one else? seems like we are going to get A LOT of disformed, melting faces, zombie like scareactors this year

No!!! :wacko:

no containment again... :angry:

Edited by black mask

No. The house is rumored to be in 3D... therefore it would make sense for the walls of barrels to be painted a bright color to help make the entrance "pop". But a toxic theme? not going to happen... nor will it be zombie, deformed or melted related. The ONLY in house zombies will be found in TWD house over in Disaster. The house facade pictured on Screamscape is for Penn & Teller.

no containment again... :angry:

You forgot 2003's "Toxic City" scarezone... which would be a better example than 2009's "Containment" :P

Edited by WESKER69
  • Like 1

I wouldn't be too sure about that Wesker. He was an immensely popular character and I'm pretty sure Universal know it. Even if that particular actor no longer works for Universal it doesn't mean the character won't be used, there was more than one guy playing him in the house last year. Besides if it were true that only one actor can play a role then James Bond would have been out of action years ago lol. He's still got his licence to kill and so has HR Bloodengutz

I just wanted to add that I don't expect HR back this year but I wouldn't rule out future years. That is all lol

• Like 3

Universal knows a lot of things, but at the same time they dont. There have been many immensely popular characters that have yet to see the light of day since their initial event appearance. Bloodengutz was not that big of a deal. The character was only physically seen in the first scene. The rest of his appearances were segments of the queue video, which were easily missed.

And for the record... Jack was played by the same actor every year, minus 2001 (due to other HHN related commitments that year). The role was shared for the 2007 Carnival of Carnage stage show & it was noticeable which was the real one, since the other sounded like Beetlejuice. 2010's Fear Revealed Jack did a great job, but was no Jack.

The point is... Bloodengutz may have been entertaining in the queue video, but held very little presence within the house. Easily forgettable. Do not expect him to return.

Universal knows a lot of things, but at the same time they dont. There have been many immensely popular characters that have yet to see the light of day since their initial event appearance. Bloodengutz was not that big of a deal. The character was only physically seen in the first scene. The rest of his appearances were segments of the queue video, which were easily missed.

And for the record... Jack was played by the same actor every year, minus 2001 (due to other HHN related commitments that year). The role was shared for the 2007 Carnival of Carnage stage show & it was noticeable which was the real one, since the other sounded like Beetlejuice. 2010's Fear Revealed Jack did a great job, but was no Jack.

The point is... Bloodengutz may have been entertaining in the queue video, but held very little presence within the house. Easily forgettable. Do not expect him to return.

That may all be true but that doesn't mean he won't ever return. I seriously don't see the actor as an issue. Also you are right about other characters being popular but most are not as usable in a general event. Many have very specific back stories and origins and you can't just shove them in anywhere. HR however is a horror host and therefore useable to present any type of horror house. Like I say I'm not expecting him this year but I wouldn't be too quick to write him off in the future lol.

Even if that particular actor no longer works for Universal it doesn't mean the character won't be used, there was more than one guy playing him in the house last year.

For promotional materials (save 2001 which was a result of last minute changes), Universal has never had someone else play one of their original characters. The Jack seen in the videos for XX was the same Jack used in the 2000 commercials. The people who play them in the houses or in a scarezone are just scareactors given a script. The fact that they're decent is simply good fortune.

And I really doubt we will see him return. With all the complaining about "not scary" IPs and potential icons, I think Universal would be cautious in using a character from the humor house. Plus, when you throw in the fact that the character isn't so overtly evil as the previous icons, that he's literally a former employee angry that he's lost his job, it may hit too close to reality to really be "appropriate" from a management standpoint.

May we see him again in another house? God, I personally hope not. I hated him, and really do not understand the adoration for him. But he will likely be relegated to the host of a series of dark-humor houses not because he's a good character, but more because he's only a good device.

(But yet again... cries of "We want originality," are accompanied with, "Bring back former characters.")

In regards to the Tent 2 façade, I reiterate the .gif I posted a few pages back.

• Like 1

For promotional materials (save 2001 which was a result of last minute changes), Universal has never had someone else play one of their original characters. The Jack seen in the videos for XX was the same Jack used in the 2000 commercials. The people who play them in the houses or in a scarezone are just scareactors given a script. The fact that they're decent is simply good fortune.

And I really doubt we will see him return. With all the complaining about "not scary" IPs and potential icons, I think Universal would be cautious in using a character from the humor house. Plus, when you throw in the fact that the character isn't so overtly evil as the previous icons, that he's literally a former employee angry that he's lost his job, it may hit too close to reality to really be "appropriate" from a management standpoint.

May we see him again in another house? God, I personally hope not. I hated him, and really do not understand the adoration for him. But he will likely be relegated to the host of a series of dark-humor houses not because he's a good character, but more because he's only a good device.

(But yet again... cries of "We want originality," are accompanied with, "Bring back former characters.")

In regards to the Tent 2 façade, I reiterate the .gif I posted a few pages back.

Oh come on lol. You're seriously saying that because Universal have used the same actor in the past for characters that the rule is set in stone? Really? If the same actor is available it makes sense to use him but I think you are maybe underestimating the abilities of the casting department to overcome that problem. I will again remind you of the very successful James Bond character, the actor not always as important as the character they portray.

As for not being as evil as past icons or characters I disagree. Although humorous he was quite obviously insane, you only had to watch him torture the station manager in the queue video to see that. That's more than I ever saw the usher do but that didn't mean I didn't enjoy that character too. What HR did have in abundance was charisma and I kinda liken him to the Hannible Lector character. In certain situations he can be quite normal but set him off....well he's not quite so civil. I think there is something quite scary in not knowing when he could turn on you but that's my personal opinion.

Concerning originality vs former characters my view is that there is room for both. Does it have to be one thing or the other? No. Next year we could have a totally new theme (or no theme at all) but that wouldn't stop HR presenting another house. I'm just saying that we should keep an open mind because I don't care how much insider info people think they have nobody knows what is going to happen two or three years down the line. Not even A&D. I think this years changes have proved that.

• Like 1

If that was the case, why was Eddie featured in HHN 16 with Eddie getting a house and Cindy featured in HHN XX with Cindy getting a house? They had far less presence than Bloodengutz did at first, in fact they were scrapped characters.

But I agree that he will not be the icon this year.

So Penn and Teller will be a nuclear-apocalypse based house?

So Penn and Teller will be a nuclear-apocalypse based house?

According to this post, which has more than one clue.

P&T has not been nuked from the roster. It is 100% they will be there and it's not a show as Legacy said.

But I will assume they will bring some of their Glitter Gulch ways with them. They are a magic show after all... but I'm hoping to see other dimensions of what they can do rather than the typical stuff they are known for.

Long live Penn and Teller.

Wonder how they'll tie in Penn and Teller to a post-apocalyptic Vegas theme.

Well, considering Penn and Teller perform in Vegas and Nevada was where they tested the atom bomb, tying them in isn't difficult at all.

Edited by Legacy
  • Like 1

Oh come on lol. You're seriously saying that because Universal have used the same actor in the past for characters that the rule is set in stone? Really? If the same actor is available it makes sense to use him but I think you are maybe underestimating the abilities of the casting department to overcome that problem. I will again remind you of the very successful James Bond character, the actor not always as important as the character they portray.

Bond is not a good example. Neither would Sherlock Holmes be a good example or any other popular character.

HHN Icons are very niche characters. The people who know them and love them are a very small community. If the actor is different it is glaringly obvious to most of us. And with niche characters the actor makes the character.

H. R. Is even more of a niche character. He's character was/is a play on the old creature feature style shows.

Those of us who grew up with a creature feature host know you can't just replace the actor. The actor is the character. Subtle nuisance in inflection, body movement and timing create the character you know and love.

So I would have to disagree with any actor being able to play H. R.

• Like 2