HHN Hollywood 2012 Speculation

You guys are way the fuck too good at this... lol. I read here everyday but can't speculate too much cause it will make my head EXPLODE! I kind of see your point on Albert Fish, but what could that be... unless they are going SUPER HARDCORE and doing a true serial killer maze, which would be awesome but would never ever ever ever happen at a theme park haunt.

What I want to bring up... and I am probably totally wrong, but bear with me. I seem to remember a tweet from Murdy when Walking Dead first aired saying that he would like to do something on the Terror Tram. I also have issues with a WD maze because the fear of the Walking Dead is that there are hordes of them everywhere... seems hard to do in a house unless they are attempting something new. Lastly the average HHN scare(distraction, scare) needs to be very fast, yet the zombies are slow. I know the code name points there... just food for thought... especially if it is based on a property.

^ I totally agree with you and it's been bugging me ever since hearing about the possibility of it -- the zombies are slow. In a scare zone or Terror Tram, it could get boring real fast. There would have to be an entire HERD of them to make it scary, and I'm not talking about the amount of people they use in the chainsaw drill team -- I'm talking maybe triple that amount. The zombies quick step when they smell flesh or blood but having them do that the entire time? In a maze, if the scares are in close proximity (think the dining room in TCM) then it could work. I don't know, something about it just doesn't sound right to me but Murdy's a genius and can figure how to work it out.

And yes, Shark, I really do think Murdy would repeat La Llorona... it could probably really help budget too. And if that budget goes to sprucing up the lower lot scarezone AND the Terror Tram, then I'm all for it. The lower lot and the Terror Tram are in a desperate need of additions so if any extra money can go anywhere, it better be those two places.

Also, I just wanna throw this out there... we all know Murdy has denied denied and denied Scream being a maze this year... but would he consider returning it to the Terror Tram? With it being last year's biggest flop, do ya think he'll work on it so it returns with a vengeance much like La Llorona's return? I'd really like to see the Scream Terror Tram done right... so that might just be mostly wishful thinking...

Edited by DTH316

You guys are way the fuck too good at this... lol. I read here everyday but can't speculate too much cause it will make my head EXPLODE! I kind of see your point on Albert Fish, but what could that be... unless they are going SUPER HARDCORE and doing a true serial killer maze, which would be awesome but would never ever ever ever happen at a theme park haunt.

Im pretty sure they're just repurposeing walls here, even if they would do a maze on Albert Fish why use a neon wall from the murder ride with his name on it, and Im sure there is a moral things since was'nt Albert Fish a bit of a pedo?

Why do you guys keep mentioning La Llorona? You guys really think Murdy would repeat that maze ? :o

he would, he repeated alot of mazes in the past and La Llorona was a well recieved maze so its a HUGE possibility

Also, I just wanna throw this out there... we all know Murdy has denied denied and denied Scream being a maze this year... but would he consider returning it to the Terror Tram? With it being last year's biggest flop, do ya think he'll work on it so it returns with a vengeance much like La Llorona's return? I'd really like to see the Scream Terror Tram done right... so that might just be mostly wishful thinking...

well we all know Murdy's personal position on scream so I doubt we'll see it anytime soon, but flop I would call it a flop becaused they fixed the hell out of it the second to the last week of the event something they didnt do with chucky's revenge, but like always Trev is right I doubt it will return.

So no maze announcement tomorrow, according to Murdy. He's still saying mid-July to late July. I really hope they didn't amp us up over event dates or prices. Although both would be nice, that isn't something that should get a pre-announcement lol

Well technically a mid-night release wouldn't be until the next day. And if the 8 ball answers are truthful then we should be expecting one by the 14th anyways.

Did anyone not notice the notes that John Murdy placed underneath some items of his on twitter?

The picture of the shark tooth from Jaws has a note under saying " Dante is not a movie made in the 21st century".. wouldn't that eliminate Silent Hill since it was made in 2006. :huh:

Another note left in by Murdy in a pic underneath a replica of the Jaws photo op says "Classic cowboy is not the name of an actor or a historical figure". Any speculation on this one?

^Huh. Never thought of that. Murdy could always be tricking us in the fact that Silent Hill is also a video game.

Oh and welcome to the site! :)

Edit: Does anyone think that "Once you're inside... there's no way out" could relate to us actually having a theme this year? It seems less generic than "What Fear Fears Most" which was just slapped on the event regardless of any theme.

Edited by Hauntfan

^Huh. Never thought of that. Murdy could always be tricking us in the fact that Silent Hill is also a video game.

Oh and welcome to the site! :)

Yeah thats true. Murdy is tricky! What about the cowboy reference. Could it eliminate Walking Dead? I hope not.. that would be amazing!!

And thanks for the welcome. I've been reading here for awhile but being a most dedicated HHN fan, I wanted to join the convo for this year. Cannot wait to for September!!

Welcome blt. ANOTHER FEMALE!

I don't think the cowboy reference could eliminate Walking Dead. The Dante one could eliminate Silent Hill though BUT it's still conceivable that Dante is NOT Silent Hill but Silent Hill is in fact something else.

Ah, forgot what I came in here for. The Walking Dead panel started at 1:25. Murdy says he doubts we'll hear any news.

BUT we were told a PR may come by mid July, and as someone said that would be July 14th at the latest.

I've been starting to have my doubts about TWD... but Silent Hill spec seems to be getting much stronger...

And the Silent Hill panel is tomorrrrowww. ;)

HHNZone made a VERY good point in the other thread... the tagline for the event is the same tagline for the Silent Hill movie. I knew there was a hint somewhere on the site but I just couldn't pinpoint it!

Where is the tagline for the Silent Hill movie? Do you have a link? I couldn't find it on my own.

Where is the tagline for the Silent Hill movie? Do you have a link? I couldn't find it on my own.

The tagline for Silent Hill is "Once you enter Silent Hill, there is no turning back" to me, it just sounds close to the tagline. I don't know if it really has anything to do with it, they just sound really close.

Welcome blt. ANOTHER FEMALE!

I don't think the cowboy reference could eliminate Walking Dead. The Dante one could eliminate Silent Hill though BUT it's still conceivable that Dante is NOT Silent Hill but Silent Hill is in fact something else.

Not enough female horror fans here, huh? Wells thanks all for the warm welcome.

What other code name would go with Silent Hill?

Someone asked Murdy "HHN on FB said we were close from an announcement. Does that mean we could be seeing one this week?" and Murdy said hope so, but not making predictions.

Come out with it already!!

Yeah, Murdy stopped making predictions after the 2010 fiasco lol. I noticed last year, he only said a PR was coming when he knew FOR SURE.

I think he's relying on the Comic Con panel tomorrow to drop news about Silent Hill but knowing how sometimes they get excited, things are often forgotten about so he's not making any promises just in case -- but I have a gut feeling that the news is INTENDED to come tomorrow.

Question to all the newbies on the site: how long have you been attending HHN?

Well I joined the forums last year which I suppose makes me a semi-newbie. Haha. I worked HHN pre-hiatus and have attended every year since it has come back. This year my girlfriend (and usual HHN partner in crime) is pregnant so she will probably not be able to attend. :( I, however, still plan on coming.

The tagline for Silent Hill is "Once you enter Silent Hill, there is no turning back" to me, it just sounds close to the tagline. I don't know if it really has anything to do with it, they just sound really close.

Gotcha. Yeah, that's not enough to make me think it's a clue toward a Silent Hill maze.

Edited by Hauntfan