HHN Hollywood 2012 Speculation

It might've been before your time but we discussed how a PA maze could work in great detail.

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark's villains are tooth fairies. And not Darkness Falls-size tooth fairies but like Tinkerbell-size, haha.

P.S. That movie is SUPER whack.

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark's villains are tooth fairies. And not Darkness Falls-size tooth fairies but like Tinkerbell-size, haha.

P.S. That movie is SUPER whack.

I would imagine DBAotD working out like HHNO's "The Spawning" in '09, but instead of Sculders in the sewers they'll have tooth-fairies in a creepy old mansion.

Trick R Treat Halloween festival doesn't really count as an amusement park. Were there even carnival rides in the background?

And yes... because a maze based off Child's Play 3 is what we need in 2012.... - _ - lol

never said anything about it being a maze in the first maze, just bringing up scenes that had amusement park-ish things in it. and yes bringing up that idea, I was thinking about the 3rd movie having its own maze -_- lol

I find the show (AHS) compelling and well told, however, there it may be limited ability to provide the usual level of scares required for HHN. The characters/ghosts tend to be normal looking people who appear to be on edge and emotional. Some have injuires related to their deaths but are minor compared to most HHN scenes. Maybe the series will amp up the scares and horror for season two relating to an intense maze. Season two is rumored to include a new character who oversees an institution for the criminally insane.

I find the show (AHS) compelling and well told, however, there it may be limited ability to provide the usual level of scares required for HHN. The characters/ghosts tend to be normal looking people who appear to be on edge and emotional. Some have injuires related to their deaths but are minor compared to most HHN scenes. Maybe the series will amp up the scares and horror for season two relating to an intense maze. Season two is rumored to include a new character who oversees an institution for the criminally insane.

No rumor! They confirmed season 2 takes place in Florida during the 60s in a mental institution. Conjoining that environment with season 1's environment of a present day house in LA wouldn't work well.

Between the two, my money is on the Walking Dead but I think AHS could work next year with the new institution environment and hopefully more horrific imagery.

I agree but disagree at the same time. I think that ,although various characters in the show look normal, that there are other that look pretty drastic also. The Infanta, the rubber man, amur (the nerd who had his face blown off by tate), elizabeth(lady with split in half stomach) and others could be used for a maze.

I agree but disagree at the same time. I think that ,although various characters in the show look normal, that there are other that look pretty drastic also. The Infanta, the rubber man, amur (the nerd who had his face blown off by tate), elizabeth(lady with split in half stomach) and others could be used for a maze.

It could work as a maze, but I think it would require an "Inspired by American Horror Story" type of backstory where you would provide characters and environments of the show and instill other known modern haunted or horror tales and myths. Sort of semi-original maze.

Guys, when did Murdy ever deny Insidious as a possibility?

Also, AHS is cool, but its more of a drama than horror. Not enough unique characters.

We should brainstorm what kinds of locations can be considered "amusement" parks to the world's greatest carny.

Even if it was an original maze, Murdy must feel we have some chance of getting it. It's important to note that even the

original ideas from last year were based somewhere in either pop culture or HHN History. Otherwise, why make a "code name" for it at all?

Amusement parks:

Freak Show, Circus, Theme Park, Carnival, Jurassic Park, Zoo, Haunted House, Ghost Town, Universal Studios, Old Time Fairs, Atlantic City, Coney Island,

Don't call me out on any of these, i'm just jotting down possibilities. Let's get the ball rolling.

Guys, when did Murdy ever deny Insidious as a possibility?

Also, AHS is cool, but its more of a drama than horror. Not enough unique characters.

We should brainstorm what kinds of locations can be considered "amusement" parks to the world's greatest carny.

Even if it was an original maze, Murdy must feel we have some chance of getting it. It's important to note that even the

original ideas from last year were based somewhere in either pop culture or HHN History. Otherwise, why make a "code name" for it at all?

Amusement parks:

Freak Show, Circus, Theme Park, Carnival, Jurassic Park, Zoo, Haunted House, Ghost Town, Universal Studios, Old Time Fairs, Atlantic City, Coney Island,

Don't call me out on any of these, i'm just jotting down possibilities. Let's get the ball rolling.

I recently saw the summary listing of "eight-ball" answers from John Murdy on this thread which noted "Very Doubtful" when asked about Insidious. Many people speculated about the property only to be given the response "Its already been said no, its not going to happen, for the love of St. Elmo's fire No No No" without quoting anything. In the past, John Murdy has been known to "fudge" a bit when it came to acknowledging correct guesses, so who knows. This board is typically civil, lets keep it that way. All this is is speculation.

I think you mentioned some good descriptions for an amusement park; I would add Funhouse or abandoned theme park. I always wondered what it would be like to walk through a carnival or amusement park similar to "Something Wicked This Way Comes".

Like I said before I honestly think that the 8 ball answers were to throw us off. Somethings he might be ok with admitting. But there is no way that He is going to say yes to a guess on a maze before the official announcement. So I'm not going to think much into any of these. However I do think that it is good for a few hints.

Holy crap, I know what one of the mazes is! I won't tell you which codename it's for (considering I'd love to win a maze tour, lol) but I'm 85% positive that one of them is THE EXORCIST!!!!

I was looking at the hints for one and it was so slap-in-the-face obvious.

If not The Exorcist, I am than 15% sure it's Poltergeist.

Either way -- MAJOR WIN.

Either of those films will have me there OPENING NIGHT.

UPDATE: I'm on a freakin' roll. Just cracked another one (again, can't tell ya the codename and such) but I'm AGAIN 85% sure that one of the mazes is THE WALKING DEAD. I'll continue more research.

• Like 1

And an exorcist attraction is possible even though slot of it takes place in the same bedroom. I believe in Orlando's bloddy mary house, you basically went through the same room every time just in different time periods (forgive me if I'm wrong). I guest in an exorcist maze you could go through the bedroom during various stages of regan's possession and end with the priest falling from the bedroom window.

^ That would be innovative, awesome stuff. Appropriately cast, the maze could be really scary. I know I wouldn't want to go through it alone.

But I'm a bit disappointed that John dismissed Alien as not coming this year. I remember he recently said he believed it was possible with using the technology of The Thing maze. Honestly, I think an Alien maze would be insanely cool and it could have been timed with the prometheus release. Maybe this will be another franchise along with The Evil Dead and Hellraiser that is very unlikely but I will hope for.

And is it possible the 2011 property being used this year is The Walking Dead? I know the show was released in 2010 but technically it aired in 2011 as well. I'm hoping its insidious but thats probably not happening

The only horror movies released in 2011 are Insidious, Scream 4, Final Destination 5, Fright Night, Don't Be Afraid of the Dark, Shark Night 3D, The Human Centipede 2, The Thing, Paranormal Activity 3, and The Darkest Hour.

Edited by 00nightcrawler