HHN Hollywood 2012 Speculation

If the scare zones have as much energy as they did in 2010 or 2009, then this year will be stellar. Last year's mazes were great, but the Terror Tram and Scare Zones brought the event down.

Edit: Not the scare-actors, the design and energy of the zone.

Edited by Hauntfan

Nice, I liked how you choose to pick on basically this group's own Quigley speculation AND the one connection that was admittedly the weakest link. Now that it's pretty much looking like its TCM, someone here really IS looking like a little whiny/angry 8 year old. Thanks for the warm welcome friend.

He wasn't being sarcastic...

Seriously, WTF? lol

I thought the tram was good last year. I felt the best maze overall was Alice Cooper. I would have rather had Alice Cooper Welcome to my Nightmare come back redesigned and not have La Llorona back.

That's an interesting look at it. I think you're right... that would've been a nice give and take. If having WTMN return gets rid of La Llorona AND Goes to Hell, freeing up 2 other spots for mazes (even if the other IS TCM), that would've been a nice compromise.

I think it's kinda safe to assume they'll bring TCM back next year for the new 3D movie. Makes sense.

I kinda wonder what the Alice Cooper 3D glasses will look like. :D Hopefully not the same. D:

I keep the glasses as souvenirs. :P

same here I hope they change a little from the basic black with blood splats and just the logo

I think Alice Cooper has the potential to be the maze of the night, if it plays its cards right. The many aspects of hell mixed with the 7 sins in ways we understand sound very cool.

I also think TCM has potential too, since chainsaw scares usually scare people shitless in any setting.

Silent Hill could very well take it also.

I'm hyped for Walking Dead, but I have a feeling the zombie scares will kinda disappoint. Just a feeling though.

@Trevler Ah, then my mistake. Haha then I guess I'm the one that looks like the idiot.

Yeah, I have this feeling like the scarezones are going to be lame this year. I think Murdy said Klownz was coming back and idk it never really interested me. Freakz, on the other hand, had all these weird animal-man hybrids or mutants and those were pretty cool. Klownz are just, well, clowns with weapons. Plus we're losing Western street so we only have 4 this year (second time in a row right?). Point is, I'm not expecting much. Quick question: Why don't they add a scarezone close to where La Llorona/Terror Tram is at? That place looks like it has a good strip that can work as a scarezone.

FYI, once the main website is up, the speculation thread will still be open for 24 hours to get your closing speculation statements in (I like to do this every year since we started this in 2010). Just thought I would throw that out there.

If they do zombies in NY street with this Walking Dead theme going on, I could see them reusing the Freakz props for Klownz.

FYI, once the main website is up, the speculation thread will still be open for 24 hours to get your closing speculation statements in (I like to do this every year since we started this in 2010). Just thought I would throw that out there.

If they do zombies in NY street with this Walking Dead theme going on, I could see them reusing the Freakz props for Klownz.

didnt Murdy deny a Zombie SZ?

Where do we go to talk about this year's HHN after that? :o Someone makes a new thread?

@HorrorNights Oh and whatever happened to the scareactors who slid across the floor scaring people? Did it get too packed for them?

@TheGrapeape213 They angered me

Anyone know what happened?

Last time i saw a slider was maybe in 09? 10? but they didnt really do their jobs they would casually slide up to you and make conversation.

im guessing they were used to knotts and not giving a fk

budget cuts are ridiculous... especially when UNI likes to pride itself in being "THE" ultimate event, but yet they budget cut the event so much that it makes you wonder if they have even seen what Knott's has to offer for its price-tag. HHN is great and all, but the budget cuts are hurting the event on both coasts.

@HorrorNights Oh and whatever happened to the scareactors who slid across the floor scaring people? Did it get too packed for them?

@TheGrapeape213 They angered me

Anyone know what happened?

Sounds interesting. I would love to know... maybe it's an insurance hazard?

Where do we go to talk about this year's HHN after that? :o Someone makes a new thread?

We all go back to our regular lives and don't talk about HHN until the event is over. It then becomes a very sad world and have to share what we thought of the event after its all over.........................

J/K. We just make a "discussion" page instead of a "speculation" page. This page is used for guessing what's to come, while discussion is just yapping about what we have.

I'm glad there won't be a TWD scarezone... It would be too much.

I agree with ya on that. Not in general, but on the consensus of TWD. The NOES and Saw stuff didn't bug me, but since this is just zombies, I'd be a bit peeved.

HOWEVER, I dare speculate that even though there won't be a TWD scarezone per say, there will be zombies placed about. Remember last year when TT ended early? Probably to give the entire event more of a mood, possibly zombies could "stumble away" from their mazes and the TT and into the regular park. This would actually be fairly immersive and be quite a surprise when being scared by a clown one second, then being scared by a zombie the next, and then keep walking to see a zombie chewing on a clown. Hey, I can dream we'll get that bad ass one day, right?