HHN Hollywood 2011 Discussion

more bushmen are definitively needed so i agree. 20 seems like to much lol but 10 would be enough if they space them out correctly

Am I alone in thinking even 10 would be too much? Suspense my friends, suspense, put 3, have them constantly moving, noone knows when or where the scares are coming from. Sensory overload is no fun. A huge reason the bushman worked for me was because I was waiting for it, and waiting for it, and waiting for it, and it didn't come, and then at the top of the hill...BOOM. Absolutely killed it. Any more than 3 would be overkill.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was sover exaggerating! But honestly, I know they're on that hill now so I get kinda bored.

In 08, they got me good. In 09, they popped out behind me so the scare was lost on me. And in 10, they were lazily sitting around on my walkthrough.

It's time for something a bit different on that hill. The suspense factor is lost on me but I still want the bushmen to stick around.

I must have missed this but where are the bushmen normally ive never seen them and i only missed last year...

On the isolated trail up the hill on the Terror Tram after the Bates Motel, before you get to the Psycho house. There's a long stretch of darkness where they have audio of growling and the bushmen have shown up from time to time. But I went multiple times and the bushmen weren't consistently there so it makes sense that you could miss them.

On the isolated trail up the hill on the Terror Tram after the Bates Motel, before you get to the Psycho house. There's a long stretch of darkness where they have audio of growling and the bushmen have shown up from time to time. But I went multiple times and the bushmen weren't consistently there so it makes sense that you could miss them.

last year I seen alot of bushmen but sometimes they hide realy good.

I have never once seen a bushman on that part of the trail. Guess I just always go when they are on break or something. Haha! That stretch always seemed empty to me and I always thought that maybe they lack of scares in that section was due to the incline and the possibility of guest injuruy. Here's to hoping the bushmen are back and not on break when I TT it up this year.

I have never once seen a bushman on that part of the trail. Guess I just always go when they are on break or something. Haha! That stretch always seemed empty to me and I always thought that maybe they lack of scares in that section was due to the incline and the possibility of guest injuruy. Here's to hoping the bushmen are back and not on break when I TT it up this year.

That's what I'm saying! It's very hit or miss. Sometimes, they're there. Sometimes, nothing. I wonder if it's just peak nights, or when they have extra SAs to place or something like that. Who knows.

RIP packages will now include alcohol with their "Vampire Lounge."

Very limited amount, two drinks. But still, this is a major incentive for those who wanna come and drink. Plus, the unlimited FOTL. Those 2 alone might make it worth it to the "party type."

Now, 2 drinks sure as hell ain't a lot but there's so many lightweights out there plus people who just act like idiots simply because they're drinking (people act drunk drinking O'Douls or people act high when smoking hookah...)

So I don't know, we might be seeing some rich VIPs runnin around causing amok. Probably not but I suppose it's possible.

Still, it's a thing of beauty... wish I could have bothered to think about keeping the Director one when I still worked at Carl's Jr.

But.. those coupons are only good for Killer Deal Nights? Oh well, no point to going there for the coupon then, my group is getting the FOTL passes anyway. Too bad I have to wait all the way until nearly the end of the month, unless I can somehow switch my days off for next week AND purchase a ticket on opening day! That would be some quick moving, there... I wanna go as early as I can so bad, I hate being all the way down here in Oceanside, it's too damn far. >>

Carl's is really not much of a discount, if any from online prices:

9/23 -$37 (Save $25)

9/24 and 10/31 -$41 (Save $21)

9/30 and 10/9 -$46 (Save $16)

10/1,7,16,20,27,30 -$51 (Save $11)

10/8, 14,21,23,28,29- $56 (Save 6)

10/15,22 - $62

UniversalStudiosHollywood.com/CarlsJr (Last I checked link was not live)

WOW! Universal is being very greedy this year all the way around with tickets (GA,FFP, FOTL, RIP). People on Facebook have been going after them about all the price hikes and product value. Hope it works out for them....

^^^ Universal has definitively done a good job ripping us off this year on ALL the tickets. The prices rose while the deals became crappier. I dont support what they've done at all but you also got to look at it from their standpoint. They added in a extra maze this year and by the looks of it by far there putting alot of work in ALL the mazes. therefore they had to make budget cuts and raise prices to make their money back. Heres my question. When are we going to start getting the BTS videos? i love watching them and they do a good job at getting me hyped for horror nights. also more scare actors concept would be nice

The facades (the ones we can see) look amazing this year. Its nice to see how much the event has grown since 2006.

so true, its growing bigger and better every year i feel this year is going to set the bar even higher than ever before... 4 days till opening and 10 days until were there cant wait!!!!