HHN Hollywood 2011 Discussion

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yo yo!!! So I went back to the event last night for my 2nd (and final) time of 2011. Sadness... :(

First, I was impressed by how NOT busy it was! We got EVERYTHING done in the first 90 minutes (all 6 mazes, the TT, and all SZs). So we got to do a lot of the mazes again and again. Even at the peak time of night the longest wait was 45 minutes (and that was only for Hostile, everything else was 5-30 minutes). Could it be because Sundays were always a big night for those of us with multi-night passes?!?! Hmmm.....

Also, I did do the TT again (we had the time and there was no line). Anyway- we all know how obnoxious the Ops folks can be when they're constantly yelling at you to keep moving. So we were the first ones of the tram and we were walking along at a pretty brisk pace. Still, the Ops lady started in on "KEEP MOVING!!!!' My friend was really annoyed so he yells back "We are moving!" And she says "I have to say it" and then looking sad says "it sucks". LOL :lol: Best part of the TT.

^It sounds like what management was doing with the FFP was more like a test to see which nights are the least busiest. I'm hoping they have the FFP on more non-peak nights.

We can certainly hope! I'm hoping that these Sundays and weeknights, where we used to fill the park with our FFPs, are now dead so they start taking a hit and bring it back next year. Although, I felt I got my money's worth last night because it was so dead. If we had stayed until close, we could have done all the mazes at least one more time (we left at 11:15... I had to be at work early this morning).

And, man, I wish they would have had a photo op with the Wolfman. Those costumes were freaking amazing!!!

We can certainly hope! I'm hoping that these Sundays and weeknights, where we used to fill the park with our FFPs, are now dead so they start taking a hit and bring it back next year. Although, I felt I got my money's worth last night because it was so dead. If we had stayed until close, we could have done all the mazes at least one more time (we left at 11:15... I had to be at work early this morning).

BUY YOUR TICKETS NOW!!!!!! THIS EVENT WILL SELL OUT!!!!!!

You know, I don't think there were any sold-out nights this year except opening night. They really haven't said anything about it on Twitter or FB.

Also, when I went to HHN the first and second nights I went, the reformed policy of the FotL pass really made the lines confusing. The line bottle-necked as people were having their passes punched and ops had to guide people to the regular line. I wonder if they'll continue this.

And, man, I wish they would have had a photo op with the Wolfman. Those costumes were freaking amazing!!!

Yeah, seriously! We wanted him for two years and he finally came! Could we at least get a picture? :)

BUY YOUR TICKETS NOW!!!!!! THIS EVENT WILL SELL OUT!!!!!!

You know, I don't think there were any sold-out nights this year except opening night. They really haven't said anything about it on Twitter or FB.

actually every saturday has been a sold out night

this past friday and saturday we went to 24,000 people when only 22,000 tickets were sold

actually every saturday has been a sold out night

this past friday and saturday we went to 24,000 people when only 22,000 tickets were sold

I'm not saying that it never sells out. I'm saying that it's just a psychological marketing tactic to get people people to buy NOW. You create a sense of urgency, accurate or not. It's like Disney's DVDs: "Only available from the vault for 60 days!". Bottom line is that I have never been turned away nor have I ever known anyone who has. Of course, I've also never tried to show up at 10pm on a Saturday either. :rolleyes:

Nope! Ticket booths were open on opening night. The only night that sold out was the first Sunday, the 9th. Other than that, HHN has not announced such a thing.

OH MY GOSH! HAVE NOT BEEN ON IN FOREVER!!! SORRY GUYS!!

so just incase you guys didnt know...

IMG_1387.jpg

I got a behind the scenes maze tour of Alice Cooper: Welcome to my Nightmare with John.

And also look who i met on the backlot(:

IMG_1388.jpg

My favorite character of all time!

Best experience of my entire life!!

OH MY GOSH! HAVE NOT BEEN ON IN FOREVER!!! SORRY GUYS!!

so just incase you guys didnt know...I got a behind the scenes maze tour of Alice Cooper: Welcome to my Nightmare with John.

And also look who i met on the backlot(:

My favorite character of all time!

Best experience of my entire life!!

Awesome! How was it Jordan? I'm sure it was awesome getting to see everything with the lights on AND have the guy in charge of everything give you the tour. I'm sure the "feather ninja" scene looked interesting with the lights on. :)

Truly blows. If the pass had those nights to begin with, I would've freakin' bought it.

Ugh. Just a week before I found out about this, I paid fourty-five freaking bucks for this. Oh well. At least I got my HHN in.

I do not intend to start 2012 Speculation, but this tweet made me happy:

People always ask if a particular maze will come back next year. I honestly don't know so see it before it all goes away. HHN ends Oct 31

:D *Fingers crossed for no repeats*

Oh, and yo answer your question fresh2otown, here's the official word from Murdy on the KD pass:

If you were lucky enough to have gotten a Killer Deal pass before they sold out, you can come again this Thur. and Sun. Happy Halloween!

I do not intend to start 2012 Speculation, but this tweet made me happy:

People always ask if a particular maze will come back next year. I honestly don't know so see it before it all goes away. HHN ends Oct 31

If there is going to be a maze repeat, I think it's most likely Alice Cooper's Wecome to my Nightmares or La Llorona: Villa de Almas Perdidas.

I hope it's going to be La Llorona, that maze kicked ass!

Edited by iLuvStabWounds