HHN Hollywood 2011 Discussion

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well guys tomorrow is the big day that we been waiting for all year !! :) We've come along way from speculating and need i say we did a GREAT job guessing all the properties this year. (pats everyone on the back) The anticipation is killing me. I know HHN will not disappointment. I'm just ready to see how everything is put together. I'm going in with positive vibes on everything...well at least til i experience it hands on :D I hope everyone has a good time and enjoys themselves because i know i will. I wont be posting tomorrow because i'll be going straight up there but i will make sure to give my reviews come saturday on everything. Well Happy Halloween Halloween Haunts to everyone i bid you fair well. See you all there !!! :)

Well guys tomorrow is the big day that we been waiting for all year !! :) We've come along way from speculating and need i say we did a GREAT job guessing all the properties this year. (pats everyone on the back) The anticipation is killing me. I know HHN will not disappointment. I'm just ready to see how everything is put together. I'm going in with positive vibes on everything...well at least til i experience it hands on :D I hope everyone has a good time and enjoys themselves because i know i will. I wont be posting tomorrow because i'll be going straight up there but i will make sure to give my reviews come saturday on everything. Well Happy Halloween Halloween Haunts to everyone i bid you fair well. See you all there !!! :)

HERE HERE!!!!! Cheers!!! I won't be there until next Friday so I'll look forward to everyone's reviews until then.... but HAPPY HAUNTING EVERYONE!!! :D

Indeed, tomorrow it's FINALLY HERE. So much to look forward to this year for me. It'll be my first opening night; Scream, The Thing, Hostel and La Llorona are the four things I anticipate beyond anything; going with a good group of friends who I gave a little "orientation" to in effort to keep us all together; plus the regular Universal rides such as The Mummy, Simpsons and Jurassic Park and then to top off the night, Bill and Ted. It should be beyond epic and whether the event is good or bad, I'm just glad Universal puts on this event every year to give us horror fans who love to walk into a living horror movie something extra to do in October.

And yes, we did some great spec on all the mazes and I'm glad that the majority of us is pleased with the results. Although management pulled some silly business on us this year, I have high hopes that it's all for the great cause of what creative is bringing us.

You will most definitely be getting a full blown, ENORMOUS, possibly 10 page review from me come Saturday morning. Also, I'll be filming some of the action but I don't know if anything will come out good enough to show anyone since my camera sucks and does horrible in low lighting. We'll see but the review will definitely come. Hopefully I can manage to make it through everything this year on the first time I go (I'll be returning later in the month if it's good enough).

So cheers to another year of HHN!

i dont really know how to explain it in writing but if you look at the second video on that guys youtube page and stop it around 0:11 you'll get a somewhat clear image. Wolfman was a disappointment ? ahhhh say it wasnt so :/

something like this

IMG_4128.jpg

Murdy was courteous enough to upgrade me after some gentle persuasion (I'm not too proud to say I begged) to an RIP pass, so I will be making my rounds quite liberally tomorrow! I'll be wearing a blood red henley (a half button thermal) and black frame glasses, and possibly a white Anaheim Ducks hat if I can convince the wife that it's the best idea. My name's Joey, feel free to say hi if you see me!!

Edited by ScreamAtMe

Well i just got back from opening night and let me tell you...IT IS A GOOD YEAR. however there was one thing that kind of annoyed me all night but thats out of universals hands. I've never seen so many people at opening night out of all days. It was sooooooo crowded :/ im use to it being kind of empty the first day. Im glad universal has grown alot with the fans but man did those lines get long FAST !. there is no longer a game plan you can device to get through everything quick as possibly. The first 2 mazes i went through which were hostel and WTMN went through quickly but the rest were rather long waits. ill be posting my reviews on everything separately in their threads.

^ Lines did get long pretty fast but my gameplan worked. Only thing we missed was HOTC but we didn't care too much about it anyway since we all went on it the previous year and thought it was eh. And it was 70 minutes all night so it definitely wasn't worth it. But La Llorona and Terror Tram lines were freakin RIDICULOUS. The Thing said 60 minutes but it was only 30, thank god. And Wolfman fluctuated all night but when I hit it, it said 20 but was about 15.

After reading some of these reviews on here, it appears to me that almost half of the line-up at HHN didn't live up to expectations. That really concerns me as I am going tonight. :( I was especially disappointed hearing reviews about the Wolfman.

With everything getting crowded fast, do you think I should stick with my gameplan for going to the lower lot first?

Your gameplan will be fine, just don't have any downtime. I noticed that even with the 30 minutes it took us to eat and the 25 minutes we set aside for the Simpsons, we still wouldn't have been able to do HOTC because it was a 70 minute line all freakin' night, PLUS it didn't open until 8 (I'm assuming because of the Eyegores). So keep up a good pace. I'd recommend La Llorona first instead of The Thing as that line got freakin HUMONGOUS all night long (it seemed that all of the Hispanics in the park just merged to this line and you know, since this is LA, that's practically everyone haha). And THEN run down to the lower lot, hurry and then RUSH to Terror Tram because the line for that sucker was fucking insane too. At about 9, EVERYTHING had a line that was at least 40+ minutes.

And Freak, don't worry, even though quality wise not everything wasn't as good as it should be - - you'll still have a kick ass time. My full review is still coming in a bit...

Hey guys I didn't have time yet to read all of the reviews but overall was opening night this year good? Also could someone please post all the mazes mazes n scarezones and their locations so I can make my game plan. I'm pretty sure I got all the locations down but just in case.

Edited by Hhnh86987

Definitely skip mummy and simpsons if you can stand to, and I'd even skip JP if you're willing. Hit either the thing or LL first, then hit lower lot IMMEDIATELY. I'd recommend to probably do LL first, as it's line seemed to be the most consistently long. Other than that your game-plan should hold up.