HHN Hollywood 2011 Discussion

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL! :lol:

Did anyone else think it was kinda funny and lame that they used Rob Zombie AND Alice Cooper as the things "Fear Fears Most"?

Yeah, they're creepy. But they're not terrifying!

I would have been happier if they added Ghostface and the new La Llorona with the Thing, 'cause at least that trio is actually scary.

wonder why they went with Rob's Image instead of Cap. Spaulding this year?

Freakin LAAAAAAAME commercial. As someone said, that extra maze must've sucked them dry this year to the point they can't even do a new commercial! Can at least think up a new slogan!

And yeah, what's up with Rob being represented? You won't see him in the maze unlike Alice, where he's all of the scareactors. I understand The Thing, that's their own property but how the hell you gonna put HOTC even in the commercial?! Like really, over La Llorona, Hostel, and freakin SCREAM?! They're going about this year wrong in so many ways. Luckily it's gotten to the point that people will attend anyway because if I was apart of the GP who didn't know what The Thing was, I wouldn't feel at all compelled to go to that event they showed on that commercial. They shoulda just stuck with La Llorona, Hostel and Scream like they did in the emails. And then have a list under the main logo with the full line up so you can see what the rest of the mazes are.

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i AGREE 100% !!! WTF is up with the commercial -____________- i was hoping for a new one and when i seen this on tv i had the dumbest face expression. I understand that the 6th maze took away alot from us this year but damn does it really cost to at least change the slogan ? dth is right. i wouldnt be convinced to go to hhn based on the commercial luckily enough im not a part of the GP crowd. ugh w.e still excited for the event overall but there is some things that need to be addressed for 2012

Out of curiosity, when is employee preview night?

So I just saw the facade for Hostel (check out the pic in the Hostel forum) and I am so amazed by the facades this year.

La Llorona, from what we can see of the top at least, will surely be breathtaking.

We all know HOTC has one of the best facades of all time making it's return.

And now this Hostel facade, which is my favorite of the facades that have been down in that location. It looks much bigger than the Hewitt Residence or Jigsaw's Warehouse. The detail is freakin remarkable (crumbled rocks off to the side and what not).

And let's not forget The Thing's facade, which I haven't seen, but I'm sure with the snowy look it'll have, it'll be nothing short of amazing.

WTMN's facade doesn't seem to be anything impressive just yet and from what I've seen, looks pretty small. Hopefully I'll get a better look at it soon. But nonetheless, damn, these facades are knocking it OUT the park. I mean, if you think about it, all the other years had pretty simple like facades. When HOTC came last year, that was a big deal but now it appears it'll have 3 extra other mazes to rival it.

Hewitt Residence was nice, Jigsaw's Warehouse was cool, F13 barn & remake F13's forest entry were okay, MBV was blah, and the NOES facades were decent enough. Other than that, the only other great facade in memory aside from HOTC was Halloween.

Such an awesome year, creative wise, and I haven't even attended the event yet. Very excited to check out these facades in person.

Edited by DTH316

1. I'm pretty bummed that they reused last years commercial, we have no real icon (do we?), and we always get a shitty site. BUT I understand (to an extent) the money they saved were used for Scre4m, Alice Cooper, and the original content.

SPOILER ALERT:

Btw, one of my co workers is a scareactor and he told me that the Terror Tram will feature a nod to us. He said that there will be kid blogging (aka complaining) about the fact that Murdy put a "Z" at the end of all the scarezones last year, and them ghost face kills him. Hahaha how fucking awesome is that?! Thanks Murdy!

Edited by electro_killer

1. I'm pretty bummed that they reused last years commercial, we have no real icon (do we?), and we always get a shitty site. BUT I understand (to an extent) the money they saved were used for Scre4m, Alice Cooper, and the original content.

SPOILER ALERT:

Btw, one of my co workers is a scareactor and he told me that the Terror Tram will feature a nod to us. He said that there will be kid blogging (aka complaining) about the fact that Murdy put a "Z" at the end of all the scarezones last year, and them ghost face kills him. Hahaha how fucking awesome is that?! Thanks Murdy!

imagine he uses one of our screen names...........Im pretty sure he'll use the one of us who complains the most if he did lol

I remember the "z" debacle like it were yesterday... I thought it was more funny than anything though because we actually joked about it for months... and then he actually did it... so it was a very "wait, are you joking?" moment haha

Can't wait to hit the Terror Tram and find out if he used any of our critiques! Guaranteed, once I hear what the blogger has to say, I'll be going through our archives!

^ lmfao that's the best Saw Twins video ever.

And I sure as hell hope the bushmen return as well. I hope they just make it an all out, bushman take over in that area with 20 of them. :)

I still remember the scare I got there in 08 back when there was only one bushman (thought it was bigfoot). In my top 3 scares in HHN history

^ lmfao that's the best Saw Twins video ever.

And I sure as hell hope the bushmen return as well. I hope they just make it an all out, bushman take over in that area with 20 of them. :)

I still remember the scare I got there in 08 back when there was only one bushman (thought it was bigfoot). In my top 3 scares in HHN history

more bushmen are definitively needed so i agree. 20 seems like to much lol but 10 would be enough if they space them out correctly