HHN Hollywood X (2011) Speculation

As far as HOTC goes we would be foolish not to belive in its return. I mean come on the same exact layout and other evidence points straight to it. If HOTC didnt returned i would be super happy nd confused but it seems unlikely. I for one have never seen underworld or maybe i have but i dont remember the movie clearly so i cant give my honest opinion on that. The way i look at it if we didnt get wolfman in 09 or 10' than i dont think well be getting it soon. I agree with grindhouse if we happen to get it, it will probably be because of murdys love for classical films. What if it turns out some of the rumors or mazes that Murdy denied were part of the event this year lol That would lose my trust in Murdy sorry lol it was just a random thought i was thinking of.

Just so we're clear:

1 Underworld: Evolution

Opening Weekend: $26,857,181

Domestic: $62,318,875

Worldwide: $111,340,801

Release Date:1/20/06

Budget: Between $22 - 35 million

2 Underworld

Opening Weekend: $21,753,759

Domestic: $51,970,690

Worldwide: $95,708,457

Release Date: 9/19/03

Budget: $22 million

3 Underworld: Rise of the Lycans

Opening Weekend: $20,828,511

Domestic: $45,802,315

Worldwide: $91,353,501

Release Date: 1/23/09

Budget: $35 million

COMBINED DOMESTIC TOTAL: $160,091,880

COMBINED WORLDWIDE TOTAL: $298,402,759

COMBINED BUDGET: Approximately $86 million

Wolfman

Opening Weekend: $31,479,235

Domestic: $61,979,680

Worldwide: $139,789,765

Release Date: 2/12/10

Budget: $150 million

So basically, all three Underworld movies have made much more than Wolfman has in HALF the budget combined.

^ IDK I just have a hard time seeing an Underworld maze. Especially if we get an Evil Dead maze with an Army of Darkness segment in there. The movie just looks too "Matrixy" and action-based to be at HHN in my opinion. If they announced that Soap opera was Underworld, I can almost guarantee that everybody would be going, "WTC!?"

^ IDK I just have a hard time seeing an Underworld maze. Especially if we get an Evil Dead maze with an Army of Darkness segment in there. The movie just looks too "Matrixy" and action-based to be at HHN in my opinion. If they announced that Soap opera was Underworld, I can almost guarantee that everybody would be going, "WTC!?"

how is it too Matrixy? and realy people love those movies and when it comes down to it not being HHN material? Bottom line Warewolves, Vampires, corpeses, Gore..........kinda screams HHN to me sure it dont try to be scary but biether did Doomsday and it was a succesful maze and that was a movie that bombed and wasnt a horror movie at all and it wouldnt conflict with a Evil Dead maze since alot more of the movie takes place in modern day cities wouldnt rely too much on midevil theme, it has a track record as DTH has pointed out, a following, A Villian/monster that can be replicated (Victor, Vampire Hybrids, Lycans, the first Warewolf, Werewolf Hybrids, and vampires) and good enviroments (city Ally's, Subway station, the Lycan's underground hideout, The Vampire Mansion, Forrests, a Harbor, a mine, a Underground tomb, castle, warewolf villiage ect.) it would make perfect sense IF it did show up.

Yeah, all the elements are in place EXCEPT for the fact that it's horror elements aren't used for horror but more for action. And we know how Murdy goes "it's not scary enough." Now if he were to do Underworld and NOT Scream, that'd make me "scream" out that he's the biggest hypocrite ever.

I just think an Underworld maze would be stupid as heck.

well to each there own just like I wouldnt be excited for a wolfman maze but remember SAW everybody thought it was gonna be stupid (I nthink Trev the only one who defended it on the count of the SAW maze done at another place) like I said its a theory IMO It would be awsome and Im sure everyone would enjoy it.

Yeah, all the elements are in place EXCEPT for the fact that it's horror elements aren't used for horror but more for action. And we know how Murdy goes "it's not scary enough." Now if he were to do Underworld and NOT Scream, that'd make me "scream" out that he's the biggest hypocrite ever.

again the horror can be emphazied (SP?) in the maze, and its not a matter of Underworld over Scream since Scream dont have a forrest, Tomb or Castle, and I would like to add Murdy only ever said that about T'r'T but it keep getting thrown into the mix

Well for those of you who want to see Scream @ HHN this year, thought I would give you a little something fun.

so wait, your saying we think were getting scream and in reality were getting NOES AGAIN???? D:

ahaha kidding, but pray to god that A&D doesnt plan somethin like this -.-

you know all we've been talking about are the Mazes for this year

what about the Scarezones, since the sliders are out for this year ( so disappointed :/ ) and i'm sure they're gonna go chainsaw crazy again >.<

what shall we see this year?

^ Forgot about the scarezones! While I was on the phone with Sam and Mike (HHNBro and HHNPerson), Mike was telling me that he caught wind of some rumor that there won't be any opening scaremonies due to increase in popularity/crowds. to make up for that, they will instead have a mini show in each scarezone where the actors will gather together and perform an execution or summoning of actors or whatever. Keep in mind that this is only a rumor and is not based on any legit source.

As for the lower lot, I seriously doubt and hope it has nothing to do with pigs. I think Murdy is well aware that everyone is sick of the Pigz.....and the zs.

Remember that rumor about an Alice Cooper's Welcome to My Nightmare maze? Well, it could be legit since one of his songs is named, "Steven". Murdy did aso say that there would be "Plenty of surprised for the fans. If that's true, then maybe the La Llorona maze rumor is true as well? I honestly wouldn't be shocked since they would try to appeal to the Hispanic audience, which is in the majority in LA. I actually think it would be cool to have such a maze since it would finally be something original. Also, it could work with a forest and a tomb...just sayin'. :rolleyes: If, however, that is the case, then we can cross out Evil Dead....unless La Llorona would go in House of Horrors.

Also, I hope they put more thematic detail into the scarezones and Terror Tram. It would definitely be worth the repeat of HoTC.

^ Forgot about the scarezones! While I was on the phone with Sam and Mike (HHNBro and HHNPerson), Mike was telling me that he caught wind of some rumor that there won't be any opening scaremonies due to increase in popularity/crowds. to make up for that, they will instead have a mini show in each scarezone where the actors will gather together and perform an execution or summoning of actors or whatever. Keep in mind that this is only a rumor and is not based on any legit source.

As for the lower lot, I seriously doubt and hope it has nothing to do with pigs. I think Murdy is well aware that everyone is sick of the Pigz.....and the zs.

Remember that rumor about an Alice Cooper's Welcome to My Nightmare maze? Well, it could be legit since one of his songs is named, "Steven". Murdy did aso say that there would be "Plenty of surprised for the fans. If that's true, then maybe the La Llorona maze rumor is true as well? I honestly wouldn't be shocked since they would try to appeal to the Hispanic audience, which is in the majority in LA. I actually think it would be cool to have such a maze since it would finally be something original. Also, it could work with a forest and a tomb...just sayin'. :rolleyes: If, however, that is the case, then we can cross out Evil Dead....unless La Llorona would go in House of Horrors.

Also, I hope they put more thematic detail into the scarezones and Terror Tram. It would definitely be worth the repeat of HoTC.

first off not only did Murdy say that all the mazes were movie based this year but didnt he say not to pay attention to the Alice Cooper rumor? and that mini show thing for the scarezones sounds cool but the pre shpw getting droped because of popularity makes no sense.

first off not only did Murdy say that all the mazes were movie based this year but didnt he say not to pay attention to the Alice Cooper rumor? and that mini show thing for the scarezones sounds cool but the pre shpw getting droped because of popularity makes no sense.

thats what confused me. Why would we get a La llorona maze if murdy said every maze would be movie based ? And yes he also labeled Alice Cooper as a rumor. No more opening ceramony !!! thats what starts HHN off. However the mini shows in SZ seems like a pretty cool idea and for the people tht arrive late to HHN will be able to experience some type of ceramony too! Well possible SZ i like to see :

Trick or Treat

Zombieland

The legend of the sleepy hollow( i think this was already denied though )

Elm Street ?? even though im against anymore NOES mazes a SZ would be kind of neat.

bloody mary?

hmmm i cant think of much more right now, everyone can feel free to continue the speculation list on HHN 2011 SZ :D

Edited by HorrorNights93

Yeah, I'm just getting so tired of people tryin to make up fake rumors about some random ass mazes like Alice Cooper and shit when Murdy clearly said they're all movie based this year. Even the La Lorona maze thing is peeving me. Whoever starts this shit and falls for it, c'mon, you're better than that. Act like you've actually been reading Murdy's updates or you just look silly. And all the "leaks" people supposedly have are all false, always have been. There is not one single time where someone has even come close on that FB board with their stupid leaks. The ONLY time I've seen people come close with PREDICTIONS (NOT wannabe leaks) is here on HNN. Not to toot my own horn, but it was I who "called" that there would be a RZ maze and Chucky would be the TT theme. And I remember people on here predicting that Saw was coming back due to popular demand and same with NOES. I think everyone was a bit surprised by F13 and Vampyres last year though. I hope anyone who is REALLY interested about what MIGHT occur at our beloved event comes here and finds the serious discussion. I swear, 80% of the people on that FB page are beyond Tardsville with their comments.

Anywho, I haven't forgotten about SZs at all! And that opening scaramonies thing being cancelled sucks. I mean, not like I've ever seen it but it has fans so that disappoints me. However, the idea for a scene in every SZ sounds far fetched. You'd have to go to the event like 7 times to see all of them. And how would that work anyway? Just let everyone in and roam the park and then suddenly people pop out of the shadows? That's just ridiculous (but actually pretty cool but implausible). Or move the crowd in, watch one show, the crowd snakes around the park and is led all the way down to the lower lot, watching everyone until they're all done and then it's like "okay, now you're free to go." The idea doesn't work in anyway. Hope this just remains a silly rumor.

Seriously, a lot of these rumors are pure fantasy and let's remember, guys, not to feed into the ridiculous ideas being presented. This is speculation and speculation is built upon the facts we already know. And 100% of the stuff random people are saying is coming to the event is NOT speculation and is pure, wishful thinking or fantastical troll-ism. Let's remain the more level headed HHN discussion and let that stupid shit fill the FB boards where it belongs with its silliness. Our speculation should be built upon 1) ONLY what Murdy has hinted at 2) what we've seen from construction 3) trends and possibilities that the Haunt market may be likely to pick up this season to appeal to a larger crowd (for example, most horror films these days are remakes/are apart of a franchise and therefore, it is more than likely we will be getting at least 50% remake/franchise mazes or mazes to something that has been remade/has a sequel or is in the process of such [ALL THE MAZES DONE SO FAR excluding the HOH and originals].

Edited by DTH316

thats what confused me. Why would we get a La llorona maze if murdy said every maze would be movie based ? And yes he also labeled Alice Cooper as a rumor. No more opening ceramony !!! thats what starts HHN off. However the mini shows in SZ seems like a pretty cool idea and for the people tht arrive late to HHN will be able to experience some type of ceramony too! Well possible SZ i like to see :

Trick or Treat

Zombieland

The legend of the sleepy hollow( i think this was already denied though )

Elm Street ?? even though im against anymore NOES mazes a SZ would be kind of neat.

bloody mary?

hmmm i cant think of much more right now, everyone can feel free to continue the speculation list on HHN 2011 SZ :D

Trick or Treat (Rather a maze than a Scarezone, hell even the TT would be perfect)

Zombieland is an every year thing xD (and no im not talking about the movie)

but to see the movie in action would be amazing ahah how about a Twinkie Van flipped over? xD

Sleepy Hallow could fall into the terror tram as well, but i highly doubt they'd wanna use the property

Elm Street is ALWAYS WotW in Terror Tram whenever we've had Freddy (excluding last year)

they wont have the street unless it somehow relates to the event IE: The Nightmare Begins The Nightmare Tour (terror tram) Nightmarez)

do you know how excited i was when i saw BM's face as La Llorona's last year??? As a big fan of recent and past HHNO events i would LOVE to see her put to full potential

yet sadly, i dont expect any original concept (excluding last years Vampyre) mazes or Icons being put to use untill a year or so after Transformers,

speaking of which i was flipping through the channels and began watching Pandorum (Scifi Horror Thriller/Mystery) and it made me think about The Thing and HHNO's Interstellar Terror

THAT would be a maze i would DIE to see come to HHN, Walking through an old rundown spacecraft where some mysterious alien lifeform creature is waiting to take you alive,

and no im not talking about kNOTts scary farms 3D lazer tag version -______-

I have no official knowledge of this, but my experience tells me there will be no mini-shows in the scarezones.

Back in the day, this was the sort of thing they like- (and I even created two of them for Black Death that we did in 2008), but now they just want scares in the scarezones.

I'd -love- to be wrong about this, of course. I really would.

• Like 1

Just curious guys, since when did Murdy specifically say that all of the mazes would be movie-based? I check his Twitter quite frequently and don't recall him specifically saying that. I do remember him saying, when asked if there would be any original mazes this year, (These are not his exact words but it was something like this:) "I have several concepts for original mazes. Whether we will do one this year remains to be seen."

I have no official knowledge of this, but my experience tells me there will be no mini-shows in the scarezones.

Back in the day, this was the sort of thing they like- (and I even created two of them for Black Death that we did in 2008), but now they just want scares in the scarezones.

I'd -love- to be wrong about this, of course. I really would.

I do recall last year late in the night you (as Lizzard face) haveing a epic showdown with some of Chucky's soldiers by animal actors.

Just curious guys, since when did Murdy specifically say that all of the mazes would be movie-based? I check his Twitter quite frequently and don't recall him specifically saying that. I do remember him saying, when asked if there would be any original mazes this year, (These are not his exact words but it was something like this:) "I have several concepts for original mazes. Whether we will do one this year remains to be seen."

he said this like early this year like around Febuary I believe, someone asked if we will see more original mazes and that was his anserw, look freak even if he did since when has anybody on this forum taken the "FACEBOOK LEAKS" or the updaters serously (and they may just be kids and what they do does not hurt anybody but when it comes down to it most of them are still the HHNMasters I dont care what they change there names to) nothing they have ever said was right and I can remember most of it The bloody Mary LED Screen being used, Jason being Icon, Trick r Treat being the terror tram theme last year, The Orphan Maze, we are getting *Blank* Icon from Orlando ect. by pure luck they got NOES return last year but even a blind squirll finds a nut this is speculation most likely about 65% of our's will be proven wrong the fact is there no leaks the one time it happened was when the SAW producers jumped the gun in 09 but by now at least the people whove been on here and the Vault for a while have learned to smell out BS Rumor from legit speculation, the thing is Murdy is Human with a Twitter, thanks to freedom of speech hes allowed to once in a while bring up something that non HHN related I mean if he says something like "Chucky sure is up to something" then we can say maybe Chucky has a part in this year's event but just cuz he has mentioned Alice Cooper (not alot I may add) dont mean were getting a maze from him I mean talks about his wife alot dont mean were getting a maze based on his wife.

^ That is one really long run-on sentence. :P

Well he did mention Alice Cooper so that's something that I think we should take into consideration. Also, look at this tweet:

@HorrorNights Are all the mazes this year based on movies? Trying to settle a debate.

@jymmymack Info will start being released this month, you'll have to wait to settle your debate

Not all hope for originality is lost people....

Well he did mention Alice Cooper so that's something that I think we should take into consideration. Also, look at this tweet:

@HorrorNights Are all the mazes this year based on movies? Trying to settle a debate.

@jymmymack Info will start being released this month, you'll have to wait to settle your debate

That was me! The debate I was referring to was right here on this forum. Been following for awhile, had to join in after I got quoted.

First off welcome to HNN jymmymack its good to see we have another HHNH fan. :D Back to sepculation. ill have to side with grindhouse freak. Im not sure exactly the timeline when murdy said this but he did mention all our mazes would be movie based this year. this was probably his way of confusing you or leaving you to think well be getting original this year. I LOVE to see original icons but it doesnt look like this will be the year. As Far as info anybody releases on the HHN FB it cant be trusted. those are the GP who can easily lie from something they heard and twist it all up. I can even go post a false line up for hhn 2011 and claim i know people high in the company that told me. If its not coming from murdys actualy words i wouldnt trust it. And Murdy will flat out deny or let you know when somethings a rumor if you havent noticed

Edited by HorrorNights93

he didnt mention Alice Cooper in a way that it seemed like he was hinting about aomething he was having a conversation with someone about Alice Cooper.

and that just sounds like his Vaugue "its not the time yet and if I say something Im gonna get a million more questions" anserw, last year before the theme was even annouced he said in summer that we were getting a Orignal maze that was based on literature, think think if there was a Original maze he would of staright out some orignal content is instore for this year or something like that but with all movie mazes if were to say yes then people would start asking is it *enter movie name here*? if he said there would be a original maze it would be hard to guess cuz it could be anything, if its a movie sooner or later someones gonna guess right.

and welcome Jymmyjack

Yeah, we did have a fight, but that was just us being bored- it wasn't a planned show or anything.

yeah I know but it was awsome and litteraly my froup's favorite memory of that night