HHN Hollywood X (2011) Speculation

I suspect the slider budget is going to get rolled into something else- they're pretty expensive as far as scareactors go and sliding is such a Knotts thing anyway. I feel bad for my slider friends, but they can always audition to be regular scareactors.

Sliding is a pretty cool scare tactic but like trevler said its a knotts thing. I would rather have a scare actor roaming around in character then sliding. Not that the sliders don't give 100% of their soul into their scares but I just find it bit out of place..

Ya know, ever since Uni announced that Eli Roth would judge the competition, he is talking quite a bit about Hostel on his Twitter. I wonder...

It's because Hostel was on IFC the other day and he's just retweeting what other people said. Although I'm pretty sure Hostel is coming (I'm gonna go back and look at the hints for the codenames right now to see if anything matches up)

Hey guys, i have some very disappointing news. I just found out that there will be no sliders this year due to budget :( This blows.

That's horrible fucking news. I've known of people who would just plop down and watch sliders scare people all night. Record them, post it on youtube, etc.. It may have been a "Knotts thing" but really, HHN did it quite effectively. Oh well, the shrieks will be a bit less calmer this year. Or the scareactors will just have to come that much harder. I believe in them, I'm sure they can do it :)

Ok, I collected all the info I could on the codenames from this forum and I tried to come up with this speculation outline. Any other hints, clues, codenames I'm forgetting about?

HoH - Steven - (French Revolution, basement tape, porcelain clowns placed somewhere, Indy/BTTF)

Shrek - Soap Opera (tombs, "run, forest run", O'Dowd) - EVIL DEAD

T2 - Bunny Gibbons - HOUSE OF 1000 CORPSES

WWW - Trivia (2011 movie) - SCREAM

JP - Overspill - GV Black (Pitch dark, lots of special effects, silver fillings, CHARACTER BASED TITLE, NOT Wolfman)

Behind the Mummy - 3DN - (Stands for Three Dogs Night (they have a song called "Eli's Coming", NOT in 3D) - HOSTEL

For GV Black, we totally missed a hint that Murdy probably accidentally gave away not realizing it's a major hint. He said that the silver fillings do not belong to the "title character." Meaning that the movie is named after a character in the movie (usually the main character).

I'm also assuming Bunny Gibbons was a real codename considering there's 6 mazes and 6 codenames.

I suspect the slider budget is going to get rolled into something else- they're pretty expensive as far as scareactors go and sliding is such a Knotts thing anyway. I feel bad for my slider friends, but they can always audition to be regular scareactors.

I think I know who's behind these budget-cuts-Megatron must be stopped no matter the cost!

It's because Hostel was on IFC the other day and he's just retweeting what other people said. Although I'm pretty sure Hostel is coming (I'm gonna go back and look at the hints for the codenames right now to see if anything matches up)

Remember when Eli Roth said that he wanted to team up with HHN for this year? Remember the boiler on the lower lot? Maybe it's going to be GV Black or 3DN if we do get Hostel?

EDIT: Just read DTH's new post. I forgot about 3DN being Eli's song! So that's gotta be it! 3DN = Hostel! Now where would the fresh-baked cookies come in? Here's what I think so far:

HoH = Original theme (Trivia?)

T2 = House of 1000 Corpses (Gotta be Bunny Gibbons)

Lower Lot = Hostel (Gotta be 3DN)

Shrek = Wolfman (Gotta be Soap Opera/Run Forest Run and scene with tomb)

JP Overflow = Evil Dead/Army of Darkness (I think it's Steven. It is 62 pages of treatment after all)

WWW = Scream? (That leaves GV Black. Frankly, I'm puzzled about this since IDK if Scream would need SFX or pitch-dark spaces...)

Well Freak, 62 pages is quite lengthy. And let's face it, which is the longest maze at HHN? The House of Horrors, by far. I imagine it would require a rather lengthy treatment. Also the French Revolution stuff has me imagine the HOH can be the only place that'll fit something random like that AND porcelain dolls AND a basement tape all in one.

As for Soap Opera, I'm still thinking it's Evil Dead.

And you're forgetting that one has to be a 2011 movie (unless we're counting Hostel 3 but I think technically that's still a direct-to-video movie so I don't know if Murdy would count that and also considering that part 3 is in a completely different environment and would have no basis or elements remaining in the maze [takes place in Vegas] UPDATE: Hostel 3 still has no official release date and probably won't be released this year so I think using that movie for the 2011 hint is too shoddy)

It feels good to be back from my short vacation :D Lets see,the site was updated. Not much was done but at least the 2010 page has officially retired :P And our slogan cant be "What Fear Fears Most" again. You got to be kidding me -__- Hopefully that gets changed, i really didnt personally like that slogan, its my least favorite! As far as HOTC goes unless Universal/Murdy is purposedly making this obvious so they can trick us than we should start excepting the fact were getting at least one repeat :-/ the evidence shown in there video updates are believable to me. NO MORE SLIDERS!!!a real disappointment.Besides chainsaws there other factors that play a big role in the scare factor in scarezones! heck i even give them a whole scarezone with a good background story.I just hope the money is being put to good use.I could see Murdy easily re-using props from the Saw maze and throwing it into a hostel maze. Not saying im a 100% sure but it seems well be getting hostel.

the boilers fit Hostil plus Hostil and Saw are basicly the same enviroments so Im gonna have to put my money on Hostil plus Eli's coming 3DN matching up plus Eli Roth is a judge for the short film compitition. well Im excited for a hostil maze even though Im not that big of a fan of the movies but its sure to be the intense maze of the year like TCM has been but they dont have a spacific Villian so we can say its not the theme but you know the ads, Carls jr cups (they better bring the damn cups back), tickets shirts ect. will have this image to represent Hostil

hostel-2-cover.jpg

and for the people who doubt it will make a good maze, Orlando in 2006 based a maze on hostel but used Eddie as the villain, it was call "Run!:HOSTEL Teritory" and from what I heard was pretty intense and used basicly the plot of Hostil a underground warehouse that sells Humans to torture, but no doubt this will just be like the HOTC last year as far as being promoted

im with you on that grind. I can see it being a good maze. And i wont compare it to Saw..they might have the same concept but there still two diffrent movies. im actually excited to see a new icon being put to use.Ill put my money on it too. Since the majority of our mazes are movie based murdy should make HoH our one original maze. Theres only so much you can do with a icon that needs certain enviroments to match the HoH. He should just be creative and make diffrent icons annually to fit in with the HoH enviroment.

im with you on that grind. I can see it being a good maze. And i wont compare it to Saw..they might have the same concept but there still two diffrent movies. im actually excited to see a new icon being put to use.Ill put my money on it too. Since the majority of our mazes are movie based murdy should make HoH our one original maze. Theres only so much you can do with a icon that needs certain enviroments to match the HoH. He should just be creative and make diffrent icons annually to fit in with the HoH enviroment.

I know you cant compare the two but they do have same industrial Enviroments but as for HOH Murdy has made it clear no originals this year.

We need one more maze to take place somewhere else... remember... 3 continents. I am totally willing to bet the thing will be here this year so because of that I think something is wrong with that list. Also I still don't see Hostel as being in. It's not a very successful franchise, and despite the Eli Roth connection I just don't really see it coming... especially when I believe Orlando has animatronics or something for the thing which they could send our way. I see the logic in your guys' reasoning... it just seems like a strange choice to me. Also keep in mind we don't know shit about the terror tram or anything... so we don't necessarily know if something points to that... its clearly going to be something special if the re route rumors are true. Call me a non believer... but thats how I see it.

I know you cant compare the two but they do have same industrial Enviroments but as for HOH Murdy has made it clear no originals this year.

I see what your saying thats why i said "same concept but two diffrent movies" lol I would be surprised if Murdy didnt re-use props from the Saw maze. Well in that case even HoH will have a certain villian icon. That sucks though i really want to see more original work done. The 2006 maze,"The Asylum" is a clear example of what can come out of creative minds.

We need one more maze to take place somewhere else... remember... 3 continents. I am totally willing to bet the thing will be here this year so because of that I think something is wrong with that list. Also I still don't see Hostel as being in. It's not a very successful franchise, and despite the Eli Roth connection I just don't really see it coming... especially when I believe Orlando has animatronics or something for the thing which they could send our way. I see the logic in your guys' reasoning... it just seems like a strange choice to me. Also keep in mind we don't know shit about the terror tram or anything... so we don't necessarily know if something points to that... its clearly going to be something special if the re route rumors are true. Call me a non believer... but thats how I see it.

this is the reasoning for Hostel; yeah its not a major franchise and did alright not amazing but niether did HOTC and the hint is 3DN which Murdy has givin another hint that it stands for 3 Dog Night, a bad by that name has a song called Eli's Coming, Eli Roth is the Judge for the short film compitition like zombie was last year unless the planets are aligned and we are realy lucky and we get a thanksgiving maze, then the only other thing Roth has is Cabin fever soooooo yeah thats unless you just wanna have maze were you walk into one see a dog eating a rotting college student and walk out to some stoner with bad acting (admit it Roth droped the ball with being the stoner but eh everyone has one mess up) go woah! then were not getting a CF maze plus Hostel does takes place in Europe so take that for what you will so I guess make my predictions

3DN-Hostel- Mummy Over Spill-Europe

GV Black-The Thing (Title Character)-JP overspill-Artic-Special effect pitch black room sounds like our Alien friend

Steven-WWW Stage-Trick r Treat-North America

Bunny Gibson-T2 Overspill-So Far all points to HOTC-North America

Soap Opera-Shrek Overspill-Evil Dead/AOD-North America/Europe

Trivia-HOH-honestly no clue

The Thing can't really be a title character because it never inhabited just one specific person for the entire movie.

Other than that, I think that entire list is altogether very plausible other than TrT (no way they'd pick a little known DTV movie that came out two years ago over the single biggest slasher franchise of all time that just had a movie released.) The way I see it - - if they don't do Scream, they ain't gonna be doing TrT.

Edited by DTH316

I'm still not buying that they'll do a Terror Tram on something and not a maze. As cool as Terror Tram is, I'm sure studios know that their film property won't be properly represented or duplicated on the Terror Tram. You'll get the characters running around, but you won't get the environments and that's the most important thing. The only Terror Tram movie property that would work is Psycho but they've been doing that already for years anyway and never made it the theme. So yeah, from a business stand point, making your movie just the Terror Tram would seem like a bad idea. Don't count it. VERY unlikely.

(This is of course excluding Chucky, as he is a Universal property.)

[The same also goes for the House of Horrors.]

I don't really have time or patience to read the speculation right now so I'm sorry if you guys already confirmed or denied this, but I am pretty sure that "Soap Opera" is Scream. I was just watching an interview with a couple of cast members and Wes Craven. I kept hearing the film referred to as a sort of soap opera :)

Edited by twistedHHNpath

who knows maybe a TrT maze and Scream Terror tram or of course vice versa ^^ And as far as hostel goes ..the evidence showed leads me to believe that at least 2 of our 6 mazes are Hostel and HOTC.

I'm still not buying that they'll do a Terror Tram on something and not a maze. As cool as Terror Tram is, I'm sure studios know that their film property won't be properly represented or duplicated on the Terror Tram. You'll get the characters running around, but you won't get the environments and that's the most important thing. The only Terror Tram movie property that would work is Psycho but they've been doing that already for years anyway and never made it the theme. So yeah, from a business stand point, making your movie just the Terror Tram would seem like a bad idea. Don't count it. VERY unlikely.

Honestly I know me and and few others have said this many times it would make no sense for Uni to pay out the wazoo for scream to just be the theme of the terror tram and not even getting a maze So DTH has a point its either scream gets a maze or were not gonna see it, that simple.

I don't really have time or patience to read the speculation right now so I'm sorry if you guys already confirmed or denied this, but I am pretty sure that "Soap Opera" is Scream. I was just watching an interview with a couple of cast members and Wes Craven. I kept hearing the film referred to as a sort of soap opera :)

Murdy said already that Soap Opera will have forrest scenes and a tomb so I think screams out of the running for soap opera.

My guess is, IF SCREAM IS COMING, that it's Trivia.

We know 3DN is Hostel.

We know Steven is French Revolution based and has a basement scene with a tape (so somehow there's technology)

We know Bunny Gibbons is HOTC.

We know GV Black sounds a whole lot like The Thing (which has been confirmed as NOT Wolfman)

And we know Soap Opera sounds a lot like either The Wolfman or The Evil Dead (which HASN'T been confirmed as NOT Wolfman - - but we do know it's in the Shrek venue and that Wolfman was previously designed for that location).

So it has to be Trivia, which I'm guessing is the 2011 movie Murdy was talking about.

I did a wee bit of research on French Revolution and foundout Brotherhood of the Wolf takes place during that era. Now there's 0 chance that'll be maze but I thought that was interesting considering it's the only remote horror thing on there and it's a Universal property while there is another Universal property that came out recently involving wolves...

Edited by DTH316

Well, to be fair, NOTHING has truly been "confirmed" or "confirmed NOT to be". It's all just levels of speculation on the clues and hints we've been given. Let's not pretend that certain things/properties are already a done deal.

(That said, with all the clues mentioned above, it certainly seems that Hostel is now a very likely possibility with the codename, Roth's involvement, and the potential to reuse sets and props from Saw).

Still crossing my fingers for Wolfman. And crossing my fingers that the return of HOTC is greatly exaggerated.

hey guys has anything been announced for the dates of HHN this year? whens the first weekend?

not yet the only thing annouced was the Short Film Comp.

Well, to be fair, NOTHING has truly been "confirmed" or "confirmed NOT to be". It's all just levels of speculation on the clues and hints we've been given. Let's not pretend that certain things/properties are already a done deal.

(That said, with all the clues mentioned above, it certainly seems that Hostel is now a very likely possibility with the codename, Roth's involvement, and the potential to reuse sets and props from Saw).

Still crossing my fingers for Wolfman. And crossing my fingers that the return of HOTC is greatly exaggerated.

actualy Murdy has Confirmed that GV Black is NOT wolfman and all we got is our Guesses no one has said anything about anything being confirmed except GV Black and Im sorry but all signs prooves HOTC

The first weekend is the 23rd of September. (Or so I think, I'm not 100% on that but they've been expanding so that seems like the logical time since they want to start in Sept now to match Knotts).

Edited by DTH316