HHN XXI Speculation II

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are some more food for thought. Gambling cheats usually work in teams, they use distraction a lovely lady while the other partner steals and does cheating moves. Going off the idea that we may get two icons, perhaps maybe these are two ill fated cheaters who were caught by the house. House being everyone who works as a dealer, pit boss, etc. Perhaps maybe one of/the one icon is missing a hand.

Another possibility could be a sort of Bonnie n Clyde type a deal, ace being the mastermind while the queen comes in and helps. I mean if you think about it, in order to make twenty one in the game of black jack using only two cards, you always have to have an ace. Without a court card or a ten you have no way of making twenty one. You need an Ace period, personally because of this I believe that the ace if personified will be a male and that the queen may play a lesser roll. But that is just a possibility.

Also I can totally see some sort of war tie in with this as well. I know that during Vietnam soldier would wear the death card on their helmets to scare the vietcong. Course this was later found to be a myth, but it was still part of Americana. Vietnam, unfortunately falls outside of the speculated time period, but still is a plausible possibility if they do not give or strictly a set time period.

Just for the record, I was not intending that the speculation based on the appearance of the Queen of Spades would result in the idea that Chance would be back. Just like you JW, I would probably be the most displeased person at the event if Chance was back; it is nonsensical to be both out with the old, and then to bring back a character no matter its significance. I was merely stating that the Queen of Spades has a peculiar, atypical appearance and that THAT is worth attention, not Chance... haha. Uni and A&D, as we know, have an extremely acute attention to detail, and anything that seems out of the ordinary in plain view, is intended to be. The real question is, "why"?

Don't worry, it's not your fault speculation has shifted toward Chance. Fact of the matter is that the red hair/dagger is out of the ordinary and points to Chance. This does not have to be the clown version of Chance - she has no real backstory, so I'm not sure why people are disappointed at the possibility of her return. As Legacy has pointed out a couple times now, Universal said farewell to the icons... but Chance was never an icon. She was a secondary character who the general public recognize and seemed to enjoy. I think giving Chance her own story prior to meeting Jack would be quite interesting.

Here are some more food for thought. Gambling cheats usually work in teams, they use distraction a lovely lady while the other partner steals and does cheating moves. Going off the idea that we may get two icons, perhaps maybe these are two ill fated cheaters who were caught by the house. House being everyone who works as a dealer, pit boss, etc. Perhaps maybe one of/the one icon is missing a hand.

Another possibility could be a sort of Bonnie n Clyde type a deal, ace being the mastermind while the queen comes in and helps. I mean if you think about it, in order to make twenty one in the game of black jack using only two cards, you always have to have an ace. Without a court card or a ten you have no way of making twenty one. You need an Ace period, personally because of this I believe that the ace if personified will be a male and that the queen may play a lesser roll. But that is just a possibility.

Also I can totally see some sort of war tie in with this as well. I know that during Vietnam soldier would wear the death card on their helmets to scare the vietcong. Course this was later found to be a myth, but it was still part of Americana. Vietnam, unfortunately falls outside of the speculated time period, but still is a plausible possibility if they do not give or strictly a set time period.

I think you're on the right track about the two icons working together, possibly with one being in charge of the other. If the icons are indeed Fate and Chance, I could certainly see Chance being in yet another submissive role to the stronger persona of Fate. Good points about the game of 21 =)

As for Vietnam, not sure I see Universal touching that one. Of course, didn't think they'd have NAZI zombies either, so... guess I could be wrong on their level of sensitivity. But I think Vietnam was a little too real and too big of a controversy in American history for them to incorporate into a haunted attraction.

I understand that and it could rather offensive. But to me, listening to my grandpa who was ace pilot during wwii and got shot down and lived to tell the story, a war house would not offend me I guess is what I'm saying. It doesn't even have to be that war specifically, it could be an "Alternate history" house, much like how steampunk is an alternate history of victorian ages. You know you are dropped into a war zone. However, secret military operations and experiments has lead to a battlefield where it isn't just man against man, it's man against X as well. Ooo just had a thought about the movie Jacob's Ladder, not sure if Uni did that movie but, it is sort of what reminds me of what a war-ish ghost type of house could be like.

For a war themed house with X:

In the jungle death is all around you. Natural things like disease, and animals. But that wasn't the biggest fear to be had in the jungle, death wasn't only natural. Step inside of the humid jungles and endure the obstacles of death as they coil around. Evade the twisted soldiers who lurk in the shadows of the bush, beware their infectious touch. Don't inhale the fog! It's not what it seems. Nothing is as it seems in the time of war. The question is, whose side are you on, or will you tempt fate and be on your own side?

Basically it could be like a house that deals with the idea that the media machine covered up what is really going on in war, etc. etc. Also if they do do something like this, where there are no soldiers attacking dead things but instead living attacking living and dead attacking as well, it will def. fit in with the "Agressive" thing.

Edited by Keosilver

Another possibility could be a sort of Bonnie n Clyde

Leave my cousin out of it! No seriously he is my cousin :P

When I mentioned Vietnam I was just trying to show that the Ace of Spades (and spades in general) have been used to represent death.

I think any war shown would just be generic war... war set in a time period would be fine. I don't think we'll take a trip through a concentration camp or a vietnam water cage... just too specific and too many people have had family members in these situations.

For example war or the dead was pretty generic no sides were shown but the timeframe was set with props.

Edited by JWFearman

I understand that and it could rather offensive. But to me, listening to my grandpa who was ace pilot during wwii and got shot down and lived to tell the story, a war house would not offend me I guess is what I'm saying. It doesn't even have to be that war specifically, it could be an "Alternate history" house, much like how steampunk is an alternate history of victorian ages. You know you are dropped into a war zone. However, secret military operations and experiments has lead to a battlefield where it isn't just man against man, it's man against X as well. Ooo just had a thought about the movie Jacob's Ladder, not sure if Uni did that movie but, it is sort of what reminds me of what a war-ish ghost type of house could be like.

For a war themed house with X:

In the jungle death is all around you. Natural things like disease, and animals. But that wasn't the biggest fear to be had in the jungle, death wasn't only natural. Step inside of the humid jungles and endure the obstacles of death as they coil around. Evade the twisted soldiers who lurk in the shadows of the bush, beware their infectious touch. Don't inhale the fog! It's not what it seems. Nothing is as it seems in the time of war. The question is, whose side are you on, or will you tempt fate and be on your own side?

Basically it could be like a house that deals with the idea that the media machine covered up what is really going on in war, etc. etc. Also if they do do something like this, where there are no soldiers attacking dead things but instead living attacking living and dead attacking as well, it will def. fit in with the "Agressive" thing.

And Universal does tend to have some sort of military presence. Army in the Thing in 2007, NAZI zombies in 2009, the DoWs in 2010... wouldn't be that strange for Universal to consider doing a war-themed house, especially in an alternative realm like you suggested. And the controversy for Vietnam stems more from public reaction - WWI and WWII were supported by the American people and are a safer genre to explore. Vietnam was heavily protested, and the soldiers were pretty heavily disrespected when they returned to the states. It's generally a shameful time for American history, and I think Universal would be sensitive enough to leave it alone.

Dr. Jimmy was hinting at a possible WWI-themed haunt, however. So perhaps you're on the right track with a war-themed house, just not in the right time period. Perhaps the soldiers stumbled upon something they weren't supposed to while fighting overseas? Who knows. It would be fun to have yet another period house, if this does appear at HHN.

(Ok how about not deleting this post).... We have been talking so much about the presence of Aces being death and it being the end...but maybe refering back to pages back maybe we should talk some more about ...Fate the unescapeable path.. It controls the begining the middel and the end of a persons story persay..

EDIT: heres a link for you guys to get more familiar with Fate/Destiny:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destiny

Oh and heres some info on death in diffrent cultures:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_and_culture

Edited by dante

(Ok how about not deleting this post)....

There's no reason to spam this thread with multiple posts that add nothing to the conversation. It might be a good idea to think, read and absorb instead of just replying to everything. We try to keep this thread easy to read, so if there are multiple posts that don't really speculate or add to the conversation, they are going to be removed.

Also...thinkin back to mythology...The Three Sisters of Fate....as said they would create and cut the thread of a persons life... in fact there are several examples in serveral cultures that females embodie god like figures....so im gonna go out on a limb and agree with any people that believe/believed that we may infact have a female icon this year..

I do apologize.. i try, must have slipped past :(

No need to apologize - just trying to encourage the practice of catching up because it'll help speculation move forward instead of working in circles. We all miss things from time to time!

Cant understand why people are saying the ace represents something................ace and a face card is just the best hand you can get in black jack , so its just showing that even if you have the best hand the house will still beat you.

Nothing more nothing less for me , maybe im wrong but thats my 2 cents worth.

Cant understand why people are saying the ace represents something................ace and a face card is just the best hand you can get in black jack , so its just showing that even if you have the best hand the house will still beat you.

Nothing more nothing less for me , maybe im wrong but thats my 2 cents worth.

My thoughts exactly. I don't think they're there for any other reason than to show that even with the best hand in the game, you still lose (your hand, apparently).

My thoughts exactly. I don't think they're there for any other reason than to show that even with the best hand in the game, you still lose (your hand, apparently).

Even if that is the case, it is still fun to imagine. I was skeptical of the vibe given off from the current site, but I'm starting to come around. I'd surely hope that the speculation in the thread is correct in someways and we aren't just faced with a malevolent force that always wins...haha! I just had the images of the twilight parody in futurama, the Scary door. "A slot machine that I always win, I must be in hell..."

I have begun to hear many interesting things from many different sources, some of whom are proving quite reliable. Although I will not share everything I have heard just yet, as I will wait for more details and further corroboration, I can say this:

I have now heard from multiple sources which I find reliable that for the past three weeks Universal has been calling in young ladies to model for sketches of Fate and Chance, yep they will be the Iconic duo after all.

I have begun to hear many interesting things from many different sources, some of whom are proving quite reliable. Although I will not share everything I have heard just yet, as I will wait for more details and further corroboration, I can say this:

I have now heard from multiple sources which I find reliable that for the past three weeks Universal has been calling in young ladies to model for sketches of Fate and Chance, yep they will be the Iconic duo after all.

...What?!?!?!...wow so Fate is going to be playing a role in this years event... but what of Chance?? will she be the same one that teamed up with Jack? or does the event center before thier meeting? or her moving on from his leaving??

Edited by dante

And that's three saying the same thing.

Now we can move on to something else... :lol:

EDIT - Moving on.

Street locations are listed as Hollywood, NY, Lucy, Shrek, and IFB.

No idea what IFB is.

Edited by Legacy

Ah, so not only a tag team of icons, but a tag team of FEMALE icons. This will make for one lovely HHN, in my opinion...:)

isn't Lucy on Hollywood Blvd?

Kinda... Lucy is closer to the Park Entrance, so will probably be a scarezone as soon as you enter.

And IFB is probably International Fair Bridge, so either right in front of Simpsons or on the Bridge itself.