HHN XXI Auditions

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HHNPicMan

Here is a general type of question that I have. I am only asking those who have already attended the auditions this year.

My appointment is for 4PM on the July, 12. Based on your expirience, when should I show up. I noticed leaving work at Uni the other day, that people were waiting in a qeue line outside HR. For those who have already auditioned this year, how early did you show up before your audition?

I can be there as early as 1PM, but its probably not needed. Just wondering. Thanks!!!

Here is a general type of question that I have. I am only asking those who have already attended the auditions this year.

My appointment is for 4PM on the July, 12. Based on your expirience, when should I show up. I noticed leaving work at Uni the other day, that people were waiting in a qeue line outside HR. For those who have already auditioned this year, how early did you show up before your audition?

I can be there as early as 1PM, but its probably not needed. Just wondering. Thanks!!!

For Reunions they said to be there no earlier than 1/2 hour before. I got there at 5 for a 5:30 appointment and was at my car around 6:30. That is much shorter of a time than in the past.

You can go and hand out until your time, but it will be just that.....hanging out.

Edited by Tman875

Guest HHNPicMan

For Reunions they said to be there no earlier than 1/2 hour before. I got there at 5 for a 5:30 appointment and was at my car around 6:30. That is much shorter of a time than in the past.

You can go and hand out until your time, but it will be just that.....hanging out.

Thanks for the reply.

I am nervous, because I have never been to an audition of any type before. Hopefully, my body size is what they are looking for in a role. I have a big build, so hopefully that will help me out.

The later it gets into the night the more they slow down and get behind, my appointment was at 645 and I left a couple minutes before 9. So when they tell you allow 2 to 3 hours, they mean it. But the appointment system still saves you alottt of time

This is OT, but see you there! My audition is at 4pm too

Another dumb question for you all lol...

I finally learned the difference between ABU and Firecrew a few weeks ago...lol...but I was just thinking:

If I get Firecrew, and don't get cast for a particular night, then I'll be able to stay as a guest, right? On that note, I heard that requesting ABU makes it less likely to get a role. Well, what about requesting Firecrew? I didn't read anything saying that Firecrew made any difference.

One last thing: How often does one in Firecrew not get cast? I guess the question can be worded as, how often can I expect to have guest nights if I get cast as Firecrew?

I was worrying that i may not have the time to enjoy all of the houses this year because the two days that I have to request off I won't exactly be able to show up to the event...and I don't want to request ABU because I really want to get cast. But if I get Firecrew, it may be the answer to my prayers, IF it works the way I'm thinking it might work. Otherwise, I'll just try to get cast as a normal full time, and see later on in the event if getting a third night off for my enjoyment of the event would be doable.

I finally learned the difference between ABU and Firecrew a few weeks ago...lol...but I was just thinking:

If I get Firecrew, and don't get cast for a particular night, then I'll be able to stay as a guest, right? On that note, I heard that requesting ABU makes it less likely to get a role. Well, what about requesting Firecrew? I didn't read anything saying that Firecrew made any difference.

One last thing: How often does one in Firecrew not get cast? I guess the question can be worded as, how often can I expect to have guest nights if I get cast as Firecrew?

I was worrying that i may not have the time to enjoy all of the houses this year because the two days that I have to request off I won't exactly be able to show up to the event...and I don't want to request ABU because I really want to get cast. But if I get Firecrew, it may be the answer to my prayers, IF it works the way I'm thinking it might work. Otherwise, I'll just try to get cast as a normal full time, and see later on in the event if getting a third night off for my enjoyment of the event would be doable.

You still seem to be confused of the difference between these two roles.

First I'll say, unless you don't have full availability...I wouldn't recommend requesting simply firecrew. Maye street vs. House.

Anyways. If you happen to be cast as firecrew, which mind you. There are only about 20 people that get cast as such, they work every single night they haven't requested off. You are the same as any other scareactor, you'll just manage to fill different roles. Often times someone on firecrew will find a role they enjoy and continue you fill and eventually permanently move to a specific role.

With firecrew, you have more auditions than most, though auditions for firecrew are simply walking through each SZ and house during full dress rehearsal. This means you'll be the first to see every house and sz other than the show directors. Though they may youse a firewcrew member to full a role during rehearsal, you'll have no problem visiting every house.

Also. Because your a team member, you'll be free to roam the park as you please. Your I'd is a key to all, for the most part. Often times, I was the first person into houses because I can get in line first. My call time is 615 this year, meaning I'll probably be able to visit both the parade building and tent 2 before I even sign in.

So don't worry about seeing everything and if you have anymore questions about firecrew/Abu. Just pm me I'll help you out.

ABU has to audition each night they show up. They are not guaranteed a spot if they don't fit the type of character that they need filled.

Firecrew, however, is guaranteed a role every night of the event. They do have to be cast each night, but they will be placed regardless.

Thanks for all the tips and info guys. I'm really nervous about tomorrow (though not as much as last year since this is my 2nd time auditioning) so I hope it goes well. I really, really hope I get something.

Thanks for all the tips and info guys. I'm really nervous about tomorrow (though not as much as last year since this is my 2nd time auditioning) so I hope it goes well. I really, really hope I get something.

If you don't get something the first time I would definitely try again.....sometimes it takes a few times to get cast.

hi this is my first year auditioning for hhn orlando

and i was wondering what forms of identification do i need.

is it just my id and SS number or do i need the actual card there(or any forms of id)

i guess im getting a little anxious for my audition tomorrow :)

any help would be great, thanks

I know that Fire Crew is scheduled to work every night that they're available, but that question was based off of the assumption that some nights there just aren't any roles for them to work..something I heard from word of mouth. Didn't realize it was that uncommon.

Just curious about something- I was considering going to the parks before the audition, and parking in the parking deck. Is it possible to get to Human Resources (that's where it's held, right?) on foot? Or do I have to park right there because of distance

Do I need to bring my resume with me to the audition?

Thanks!

I don't think it would hurt, but I rarely see anyone bring one with them. In the past I have seen people bring their head shots, but I would take your resume and then ask the people at sign in if you need to take it with you inside.

I know that Fire Crew is scheduled to work every night that they're available, but that question was based off of the assumption that some nights there just aren't any roles for them to work..something I heard from word of mouth. Didn't realize it was that uncommon.

I always heard that regardless if there were roles or not, they would work every night they were available.

Even if they had to create a role/spot in a house/SZ for them...

Break a leg!!!

It is perfectly normal to feel that way.

If it makes you feel any better, there is little you can do in the room that can make you get or lose a part other than looking like you don't want to be there. This is a type-out audition so they are looking for specific body-types that fit roles....and you either fit them or not.

Just curious about something- I was considering going to the parks before the audition, and parking in the parking deck. Is it possible to get to Human Resources (that's where it's held, right?) on foot? Or do I have to park right there because of distance

your going to have to move your car. Due to the fact you are not a team member, you will not be able to walk backstage to human resources.

Good luck to everyone auditioning today. Turn those nerves into excitement and show them your enthusiasm...dont let them see the Fear!

You could, actually, but it's kind of a long trip (not horribly long, but a good 20 minute walk or so depending on how fast you are). I did it last year.

Go downstairs between City Walk and the bag check (the central "hub" between the garages and the final people-mover) and go to the right if you were facing City walk (the parking garages would be on your right, with the canal where the boats travel on your left). Just stay on that block and take all the left turns at the corners and eventually you'll get to it.

A visual: http://bit.ly/rlWXWl

Your choice... seems like it's horribly long, but it's not and was quite relaxing with all the scenery.