HHN XXI Construction

That lines up with some things I have heard for that area.

So projection onto the buildings in NY.

3D projection it is, then. Very exciting. Perfect backdrops, too. I'd think Let the Memories Begin Castle Show or the Disneyland Paris Tower of Terror opening for reference on 3D projection applications in theme parks...

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great pics everyone!

I was at the park on Saturday and noticed they have the start of a facade going up on Sprung 1 ("Rune House?").

If memory serves correct, last time I saw it there was just a door with a ramp leading up to it but this time there is a large, vertical black rectangle of plywood around the door. It kind of reminded me of the shape the Chucky house facade had in it's early stages of development.

I'll post a few pics when I get home today.

Part of me is wondering if they are going to go full on projection mapping on the buildings to make them look old/destroyed after it gets dark or if they are going to do what they have done on buildings like MIB/Landry's and just use the buildings surface as a projector screen. Here's hoping it's the first option, after seeing what can be done with The Magic Memories and You, well done projection could turn out fantastic.

Now that we know they are projecting, could this mean that those two walls near animal planet live/ IFF be just two huge screens they they'll be projecting on to from the opposite wall?

Now that we know they are projecting, could this mean that those two walls near animal planet live/ IFF be just two huge screens they they'll be projecting on to from the opposite wall?

Are you referring to the scaffolding they have built? Those aren't screens. That black tarp isn't used for projection, it's simply there to prevent people from climbing on them.

Are you referring to the scaffolding they have built? Those aren't screens. That black tarp isn't used for projection, it's simply there to prevent people from climbing on them.

Not the scaffolding itself but I was referring to that structure, Now that I think about it that mesh stuff looks a little too thin to be projected on.

At first when I saw the black doors/walls in the Coven scarezone, the very first thing that came to my mind was that they could be trying to "blackout" the area. Imagine that... a scarezone that is COMPLETELY dark and pitch black.

After some more thought into it, I thought the same thing we all for the most part agree on: It seems to either be pick your own fate or changing scarezones. Either way, whatever it is, it's probably something never done before and it could change scarezones as we knew them.

The coven part 2 lol and those boxes with the fire are from esqulete scarezone last year recycle

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Yeah I noticed that too. I'm guessing they will repaint them like they did with the other one in the top picture. Neon fire is just going to look too out of place there.

(Also, you have a Droid 3? Awesome. I have a Droid 2 and love it.)

Guest HHNPicMan

Taken by Charles today.

318116_240143039363931_170325193012383_731213_1592354_n.jpg

Under the black cover is skulls and skeletons. They were covering them up with the black cloth around 10AM this morning. I actually walked by just as they were putting on the last of the cloths. So, there are pallets, with skeletons and skulls attached. As a matter of fact, they looked suspiciously like alot of the bones and such from Catachombs last year.

Don't mean to brag, but...

At first when I saw the black doors/walls in the Coven scarezone, the very first thing that came to my mind was that they could be trying to "blackout" the area. Imagine that... a scarezone that is COMPLETELY dark and pitch black.

I was right!

The pallet towers are really interesting looking... There are skulls under the black covering, but are the skulls covering something? A platform maybe?

and even more... pumpkins will still be there (well kid zone anyway). I know this will make some happy.

320561_241124212599147_170325193012383_734557_1958954_n.jpg

292715_241120979266137_170325193012383_734552_5675637_n.jpg

Oh, you KNOW the reappearance of my beloved pumpkins makes me so very happy! Nothing beats having some actual Halloween ambiance at HHN! Thanks for the great pics Jeramy! :D

Also in the nightmaze area. Do you guys think they may run some kind of black tarp over top of the scarezone? I just think light pollution may be bad in that area and kind of hurt the all black effect. I notice there are scaffolds on either end of the scarezone. I don't think they were there a few days ago (could be wrong on that). I just think it would be really cool if they covered the area to avoid light leaking in from other areas as much as possible.

Also in the nightmaze area. Do you guys think they may run some kind of black tarp over top of the scarezone? I just think light pollution may be bad in that area and kind of hurt the all black effect. I notice there are scaffolds on either end of the scarezone. I don't think they were there a few days ago (could be wrong on that). I just think it would be really cool if they covered the area to avoid light leaking in from other areas as much as possible.

Unlikely, but that would be awesome. I'm sure they'll scale down the lighting effects in the surrounding areas to give it the right feel however