HHN XXI Wishful Thinking

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a shame that King won't let them use his books....I think an IT house would be terrifiying. (Idk about you all, but Pennywise is DEFINITELY the stuff nightmares are made of >.<)

The Shining would be awsome too; imagine exploring the rooms of the hotel!!! eeriee!!!!!!!!!!

You guys made a good point though....some of the books like Cujo, Christine, even Carrie (whose book I cant see being workable, minus the gymnasium scene) wouldn't be able to stand on their own. A collaberation tho.......that would be incredible!!!

I think what I would most like to see would be a modern day Dr. Jeykll/ Mr Hyde sort of icon. It falls into all the literature talk that's been floating around.....like I said, just some wishful thinking <3

Say, maybe they come up with the title: "Horror-caust" (Holocaust). Try not to leave any angry comments :(, but it should be slightly non-offensive, but similar to the wars of WWII.

It's a scarezone, with Bionic, Zombie Nazi soldiers.

I could already imagine the massive amount of angry people picketing HHN if they ever named something Horrorcaust,

I'm a big fan of Stephen King, I would love to see an IT house. I wouldn't go within ten feet of a gutter after i watched the movie as a kid. It also made me afraid of balloons, the underside of bridges, looking at pictures too long, and opening a fridge. That movie seriously messed me up as a kid. I also heard some rumors about another version of It coming out. Not sure how valid that is though.

I know it isn't likely, but I think that Silent Hill could make a bad ass house.

Me, personally can't stand anything military/war themed in a halloween event. (they have there own kind of horror).

Basically all they can do is have zombies,of one sort or another. As a child growing up I never associated military or soliders

having anything to do with halloween. The event has to many zombies as it is, I guess its a cheap way to have a scarezone

or house. Zombies are zombies, be it a parade/party or a bunker I feel they should be a little, o.k alot more creative in the

monster choices. Bloody Mary was great, but I know they can't use her no more, but they could build off of her, for instance:

Ms Anga could have been bitten by a werewolf, now shes back as Hairy Mary, see its not hard to come up with monsters.

Edited by traveller

I'm a big fan of Stephen King, I would love to see an IT house. I wouldn't go within ten feet of a gutter after i watched the movie as a kid. It also made me afraid of balloons, the underside of bridges, looking at pictures too long, and opening a fridge. That movie seriously messed me up as a kid. I also heard some rumors about another version of It coming out. Not sure how valid that is though.

I know it isn't likely, but I think that Silent Hill could make a bad ass house.

Yeah the book messed me up (That could be because I read it in '86 when I was in fourth grade though...)

Read it on a long weekend straight... barely slept... and had nightmares for a long time afterwards.

Me, personally can't stand anything military/war themed in a halloween event. (they have there own kind of horror).

Basically all they can do is have zombies,of one sort or another. As a child growing up I never associated military or soliders

having anything to do with halloween. The event has to many zombies as it is, I guess its a cheap way to have a scarezone

or house. Zombies are zombies, be it a parade/party or a bunker I feel they should be a little, o.k alot more creative in the

monster choices. Bloody Mary was great, but I know they can't use her no more, but they could build off of her, for instance:

Ms Anga could have been bitten by a werewolf, now shes back as Hairy Mary, see its not hard to come up with monsters.

Hairy Mary.. LOL

I didn't mind war of the living dead. But I don't think war zombies would be good again.

But there are plenty of things that can be done with war. War is just a situation... For example Aliens the movie. Marines at war with aliens... very scary movie. It's all in how creative you are. :) Or you could have a war against these guys... the possibilities are endless

Edited by JWFearman

It's a shame that King won't let them use his books....I think an IT house would be terrifiying. (Idk about you all, but Pennywise is DEFINITELY the stuff nightmares are made of >.<)

I could see an IT house kinda like Howl O Scream's Alone except it is customized to what scares you. That is what IT did, right? Man I have to read that book again. Movie was okay. Tim Curry as IT was the only real thing going for it (no pun intended).

lol. no dont be sorry, Im just saying, the holocaust thing could get ugly, I mean, The good Doctor is right, they already did Nazi zombies, so we had that, but the name horrorcaust, i could see people angry,

They weren't Nazis, they were just German. ;)

I could see an IT house kinda like Howl O Scream's Alone except it is customized to what scares you. That is what IT did, right? Man I have to read that book again. Movie was okay. Tim Curry as IT was the only real thing going for it (no pun intended).

How could they customize a house to what scares each individual person coming through the house? Good idea but no way it could ever be done. You would have to fill out some kind of survey before the event. Then they would have to switch sets and scaractors when each person comes through. It would logistically not be possible.

I would love a Silent Hill house. Actually, I would love a whole year dedicated to video games. A Dead Space house would be extremely scary! Highly unlikely as you said, however.

Last night I had a dream that throughout the year Universal was showing short HHN commercials on TV and in each of the commercials was a hint or clue as to what was going to happen at HHN XXI. That would be pretty cool if they did something like that... :)

How could they customize a house to what scares each individual person coming through the house? Good idea but no way it could ever be done. You would have to fill out some kind of survey before the event. Then they would have to switch sets and scaractors when each person comes through. It would logistically not be possible.

Exactly. This is wishful thinking.

They did a Silent Hill haunted house in California, I don't know the name but they also did a Saw house I think before HHN did it? not sure,

anyways, yeah someone tried to make the silent hill house, I would have loved to hear more about it but I was never able to find much about it, I found just a couple of pictures once, and, they had some mannequins dressed like the nurses with masks, and a couple of real actors, I dont know if they used pyramid head or not, I tried researching about it but never really found much

Oh

Found a Couple of Pics I think, I just googled SH haunted house and this came up, looks like it was design after the movie:

4033511836_f5100a40e0_o.jpg

nurse-620x.jpg

An IT themed Alone style house? I honestly think I would crap my pants!! That would be horrifying...a personalized terror......::shudders::

And yes the book was 20 times better than the movie...Tim Curry is incredible though, no matter what the roll. SOmetimes I still think about that movie whenever I look into a drain. Especially when my sister used to use cinnamon toothpaste and leave globs of it in the sink so it looked like a nose............

...changing subject now....

...That's something I would love to see at HHN: an Alone themed house. Now that HOS has done it, it's only a matter of time. You guys think HHN will have something like that this year?

Aside from the whole getting the rights from Stephen King issue, I fear that the folks at A&D would feel Pennywise was way too similar to Jack for a major appearance at HHN anytime soon.

Still I would love to see such a house.

Edited by Dr. Jimmy

it would be really scary house-I can picture all the sorts of things they could do with IT. It might be a little touchy, what with all the dead kids that pop up in that story, but I think Universal is pretty ok with stepping on toes sometimes hah but you're right Dr. Jimmy, Pennywise, as terrifying as he is, really is very similar-physically-to Jack. What a shame :/ well....maybe now that our clown buddy is taking a hiatus....maybe there will be hope for Pennywise in the future :D

Yes it was 2009 - Ripped From the Silver Screens. In the Jaws Queue.

No I mean in California, it was not HHN but that other company that did the Silent hill house, I think before even HHN did it here, those other people over at Cali did the Saw house before,

lol I had a FFP in 2009

No I mean in California, it was not HHN but that other company that did the Silent hill house, I think before even HHN did it here, those other people over at Cali did the Saw house before,

lol I had a FFP in 2009

I believe you are referring to this attraction:

it would be really scary house-I can picture all the sorts of things they could do with IT. It might be a little touchy, what with all the dead kids that pop up in that story, but I think Universal is pretty ok with stepping on toes sometimes hah ...

What's really touchy in that book is the gang-bang the kids have! Those are toes I can pretty much bet Universal will NEVER step on!

Wishful Thinking - And I'm saying this only because I seriously doubt it would EVER happen because it's just too meta.

A chainsaw scarezone through Central Park with logging equipment framing the entrances on both sides, to include a large flatbed with lumber falling off the back. The scareactors would be dressed as lumberjacks during the daylight hours, but would put on wolf masks once the sun went down.

It would be called, "Chainsaw Wolves."

(Props if you understand the inspiration.)