HHN Hollywood 2010 Discussion

You. Have. Not. Seen. This. Year. Yet.

You don't know if its sub par. I can't go into any details, cause we were told not to, but I have to say after hearing what I've heard from the horses mouth so far, Im actually very excited about this year. More so then I was last year.

So yes, some of the themes they have this year are repeats. Nothing ANY of us can do to change it at this point. If you keep telling yourself that everything is gonna be bad when you get there, then it will become a self full filling prophecy.

I

Sorry, I meant from what I know so far it's sub par, which admittedly isn't much. It's entirely possible it could be the best year yet, I just doubt it from what we have been told. Trust me that once I get to the event, I will go in with as little bias as possible. I really hope I come back to this forum in a month and say all my fears were unwarranted. And yes, I realize that the titles of things in no way affect how they are, don't judge a book by its cover. So don't take any of this personally or mistake it for ignorance. Just dealing with initial disappointment.

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, is it wrong to judge things by announced information?

If Justin Bieber was cast as Marty McFly in the Back to the Future remake, I don't have a right to be pissed because I don't know if he'll do a good job or not?

If Paris Hilton was going to play Mother Teresa in a biopic, I'm just supposed to say "well see how she does?"

If Steven Spielberg is directing the Barney and Friends movie, I'm not supposed to initially go "what the hell?"

While not in the total wrong, I do think we are jumping the gun. Lets try and keep negative comments to a minimum until we actually go to the event. That said, the things I was coming to grips with won't change for the event. I still reserve the right to be pissed off about the titles.

But thank you Trevler for giving us hope. Which is really all we can have at this point. No amount of bitching will change the event that set in stone. But kill, jason, kill? Really?

i know, but in my defense i thought RHPS was something Murdy had to keep confidential because of all the hoopla surrounding the 35th anniversary............

a talk with him on twitter sadly confirmed the news and broke my rocky-loving heart........... *cries*

Now I'm truly convinced that 2010 is a big middle finger to the true fans of HHN............

I'll still go but I just won't be able to enjoy it as much..................... :(

While I'm not a fan of the shows, not even B&T (I'm just not a huge fan) HHN still needs them to eat up lines. And I'm sure the GP likes shows, and judging by this year I think we can all agree that Murdy's top priority is pleasing the GP. (Not that its wrong or anything, just stating facts here)

Money. That's whats driving this year. It's about drawing in those of the GP who like whatever the goriest, most recent shock film they saw was. Please as much of those with money and the event will survive. The hard core fans are a FAR smaller group than the GP. We have no chance in hell that our opinions and hopes can supercede those of the masses.

Now that I'm done sounding mildly intelligent... What. The. HELL?! This screams unoriginality out the ass.... And the remales always are worse, so... I have no expectations for the reintroduced mazes based off of remakes. Piss.

You can't please all the people all the time; but you can alienate the die-hards to keep your event alive.

And again: "Sorry, but there's a profit to be had."

Here's my thought: What did many of us want? Original. What'd we get? Unoriginal. Now, I'm not saying that's complete and total alienation, which, quite possibly, isn't the best word for what I'm trying to convey, but it's still not what we (term used loosely) wanted. Not giving a group what they want? Alienation. If you have better word, please tell me. We're no the ones they aim for; we're not the focus, so we become, in an off way, the outsiders. Our opinions weren't the forefront on the concept table.

Also, I can't really be considered a 'die hard'- I've been to one HHN; however, I do live vicariously through those with acess to HHN every year. Given my local October options, HHN seems almost like a myth; therefore, the events get set far above everything else (here), so I can only hope for the best, especially when I can't experience it. When I see redos, I feel let down. Sure, I can't go through, but I want to see what it's like for others; I don't want it to be like here, where things get changed only every five years.

Now, I don't know if any of this makes sense to any but me, so yeah. Not trying to sound like a dick (just cause I am doesn't mean I want to seem like one now), but I'm trying to explain what I said. I think. Hell, I'm too tired for this... it's past midnight here... I'll see if I can explain better in the morrow.