HHN Hollywood 2010 Discussion

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Twice for a HHN maze is enough. With the same exact scares happening over and over again, you won't find the thrill anymore. That's why I like to "one and done" it. It's like watching your favorite scary movie too many times; watch it enough than it just won't be scary anymore. Ruins the novelty. After the second; heck, maybe even after the first time, you'll just be looking around at the detail - which isn't bad but... yeah.

Saw the site today and, boy, not too much to be excited about.

I've heard Murdy Tweet that his goal is for Hollywood to be as much of a pull as Orlando. John, how can you seriously expect to pull that off when you keep buying into repeats of old houses? And stop with the old "polls show that most people wanted to see NOES return". You really don't think that what people really want to see is something entirely new - just like Orlando is doing.

This year is such a mixed message:

We're adding a 5th maze....but we're rehashing three old ones.

We're bringing back the Terror Tram....but we're slapping Chucky's name on it to make it "fresh".

We're bringing over Bloody Mary from Orlando....but we're renaming her....and taking away her original interesting backstory....and sticking her in a scarezone.

Good luck trying to figure out just who is the icon for 2010...but heck, it doesn't really matter, since we throw no effort into an icon.

Now, all the bitching aside, I AM excited about another Rob Zombie maze. I was excited about the Vampyr house, until I heard it was in the HoH building - in which we know that nothing good ever happens.

So, seriously, that's exactly ONE reason to visit HHN Hollywood this year.

Other than that, we can ALL say that we've already been in Vampyr, Saw, NOES, and F13. And should any of us expect the Terror Tram to be any different than the last 4 years?

I could only imagine what freshness Michael Roddy would have brought to Hollywood. This is just so frustrating.

Oh okay, but with these we'd definitely finish all rides, mazes, and show right? Because we usually want to get on mazes more than once but dont have time, and we never do rides...

With the FOTL pass you can do every house and ride 5 times and still be done by 10pm. I'm not exaggerating at all. The "Gate A" entrane never has a line even on the busiest nights. Remember, this pass blows away Orlando's since you can do everything multiple times (in Orlando, it's one entry per house or ride).

If you're in a group, let me point out one more very ambiguous piece of advice - they do NOT lock a FPTL pass to a person. There is no picture; they just scan it. Heck, one could even surmise that everyone in your group could use the exact same FOTL pass and HHN would have no idea of it happening... How that could be accomplished is anyone's guess, but the walk from the entrance of a house through it and back to the entrance is only about 7 minutes. I'll leave it at that.

First LMFAO that RHPS thread was a failur

I think its time to stop crying over Spilt Milk

do they check the FOTL pass for each person at the Facade or can I like have 3 and say the rest is in our group?

They scan the FOTL at one point, and usually vusially check it just before you enter the house. A scan checks ONLY to see if the pass is valid for that day. I'm sure it creates a log entry each time it is scanned, allowing them to later see that a particulr pass was used, say, 4 times at each of the houses, each time within 4 minutes from the previous entry. So what does that even tell them? I usually visit the park by myself, so that is typical of my usage. I think this system is susceptible to abuse and here by Universal's good graces - until they see people are abusing it. It really is the best of an VIP line pass I have ever seen in the country.

The reason they check the lanyard before you enter the house is to catch those few people who go to the standby line then jump into the FOTL line.

The only place I have NEVER seen them use any sort of system is in the Terror Tram. As soon as you hit the bottom of the escelator, Gate A is to your left. Even though I have a pass, believe it or not, I have NEVER been asked to show it. Since Gate A boarding is also used for general boarding (once Gate A queue is empty), they are constantly switching between handling FOTL and GB - and they simply get confused.

The FOTL is a lanyard, and hangs around your neck. There is no good reason for one person to carry them all. The lanyards, do, though, have a breakaway strap for safety reasons. This strap CAN break accidentally on a ride like Mummy, so be careful. You lose it, you're out of luck.

If you have a group of say 8 people, buy 4 passes and see how much you even need them. HHN is either really packed or really empty. If you need more passes, just buy them inside the park. They rarely sell out.

Im pretty sure Anu was trolling Horror Lover with the RHPS thread.

LOL no i wasn't trolling........... i've stopped crying over spilt milk but im still a bit disappointed ........ if i want my rocky fix then i will settle for the songs being played at the entrance

or this www.sinscon.com

LOL no i wasn't trolling........... i've stopped crying over spilt milk but im still a bit disappointed ........ if i want my rocky fix then i will settle for the songs being played at the entrance

or this www.sinscon.com

He ment Anu not you lol but like Electro it wouldnt make since and kinda kills the mood if they played the songs at the front gate

With the FOTL pass you can do every house and ride 5 times and still be done by 10pm. I'm not exaggerating at all. The "Gate A" entrane never has a line even on the busiest nights. Remember, this pass blows away Orlando's since you can do everything multiple times (in Orlando, it's one entry per house or ride).

If you're in a group, let me point out one more very ambiguous piece of advice - they do NOT lock a FPTL pass to a person. There is no picture; they just scan it. Heck, one could even surmise that everyone in your group could use the exact same FOTL pass and HHN would have no idea of it happening... How that could be accomplished is anyone's guess, but the walk from the entrance of a house through it and back to the entrance is only about 7 minutes. I'll leave it at that.

Hahah wow i guess i'll be doing each attraction 5 times :D lol hmm only 7 minutes ? I have a plan haha jk

Twice for a HHN maze is enough. With the same exact scares happening over and over again, you won't find the thrill anymore. That's why I like to "one and done" it. It's like watching your favorite scary movie too many times; watch it enough than it just won't be scary anymore. Ruins the novelty. After the second; heck, maybe even after the first time, you'll just be looking around at the detail - which isn't bad but... yeah.

Thats actually why im excited that id be able to get on the mazes alot. to look at the detail would be a cool thing for me lol ...

Hahah wow i guess i'll be doing each attraction 5 times :D lol hmm only 7 minutes ? I have a plan haha jk

Thats actually why im excited that id be able to get on the mazes alot. to look at the detail would be a cool thing for me lol ...

I think that's the only reason I might get the pass.. To pay attention to detail.