HHN Hollywood 2010 Discussion

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would i be denied if i went wearing eyeliner and mascara? LMAO

and listening to them on my iPod might make me cry lol then I would be screaming out the callbacks and people would look at me like im crazy haha

dude there like tons of guys who wore eyeliner every year if you show up in drag I thinks thats when you get denied, but even when RHPS you werent allowed to dress up in RHPS dress

No, I get what you're saying. Its just USUALLY fanboys (AKA Die Hards) defend whatever they are into no matter what, good or ill, and its really funny to me how fast the online HHN community turned on the thing they claim to love.

I agree with you Trevler. These die hard fans are so judgmental even before they have went lol I have only been going to HHN for four years in a row, but I trust Murdy and his vision. I just dont want repeats next year haha

I'm joining you guys in your bitching and moaning! I was against it at first, didn't care what mazes came back, every single maze will scare me no matter what.. but not having Rocky Horror back is so dumb!!

Universal "you are so dumb, you are really dumb, for real!"

We went every night the fear pass was valid last year and saw Rocky 2 times a night... every show we went to was more croweded than I've seen T23D in a long while... I was not even a Rocky Horror fan untill I saw it at our HHN last year.. when I saw it in Orlando a few years ago it was not nearly as good.

Bill and Ted better be flippin amazing this year! Like a 15 minute dance finale with endless amounts of pyro and huge muscled out half naked guys and i guess girls to. ARRRRRGGG!!!!

I agree with you Trevler. These die hard fans are so judgmental even before they have went lol I have only been going to HHN for four years in a row, but I trust Murdy and his vision. I just dont want repeats next year haha

Love the HHN "Brand" and what the name once stood for (Orlando the past 20 years and Hollywood 1997-2000). Since back in L.A. Murdy has been real hit and miss with content, quantity, and repeat factor. Lets leave off 2006 (One year round maze, one new maze, Terror Tram, Scarezones and sucky shows) 2007 was mostly new, 2008 total recycle, 2009 mostly new, 2010 total recycle in themes and content. BOO! At least we know with FL controlling Bill and Ted and any other shows they will be original and strong. So many ideas and options but with our 3/4 HHN houses we keep repeating themes only 5 years back into the event. Really?

Murdy keeps bowing to the GP/Casual HHN fans who just see their favorite horror film character on a HHN billboard and all of a sudden something clicks in their head saying "Universal has a Halloween Haunt Thingie?, Wow! Why did I not know about that until now?" and it clearly shows in the quality of 2010

Repeats

Terror Tram that has no relation to the overall theme

An Icon that isn't even the cool version of the character

etc......

Hey, just to throw it out there on the "don't act disappointed" thing before you see it, the same goes vice versa with that logic. If I'm acting like it'll be the best year ever, it's still not accurate. But I understand, positivity over negativity - I SUPPOSE. But from my experience, and this might JUST BE ME, there's been plenty of things I thought would blow but turned out amazing or I super hyped up in my head and were STILL amazing. My mind blocks out that self fulfilling prophecy thing very easily. From my experience, if something is good, it shows no matter what. People tell me all the time, "oh you're going to see that movie? Don't expect too much or you'll be disappointed." That's bologna to me, work stands on it's own merit in my mind. How I feel about it has no change in the actual product. So as much as I'm saying "this year sucks" now, doesn't mean I'll go in thinking that, or while witnessing it personally or come out with that opinion. I'd love to be proven wrong and I'd hate to be proven correct in this case but I let things be as open ended as possible for opinion sake. If this year really does come out as lame, then so be it, that's just how I really felt about it, not because I went already with a made up mind. Why would I even go if I thought that?

I'm sorry for you guys on the RHPS front. I never saw the show last year so I don't feel like I'm missing much. I never was that interested with the general idea of the movie or it's show. However, I get the general jist of it.

Yeah, we're seeing lots of repeats and I have a feeling that down the road, that'll stay the same. Not every single maze worthy like 08 or this year but still repeats. But I know this all came from 09 when Murdy was so big on no repeats. We were a bit spoiled in that notion, most Haunts don't get that gratuity. But it really psyched us up that that's how things were going to be for now on. I felt the same, although I admit, from time to time, I would love a repeat (I've been known to say I wish Halloween would've came back this year). Sadly, there's still lots of people who have yet to discover this event. So the awesome thing about this is, we'll be getting new fans who weren't even interested in it before until now. Our "die hard" fan base will grow and will then agree with our line of thinking. Soon, GP and fan base will become pretty even and then they'll eventually HAVE to listen to us (much like Knotts, which has so many fans, they eclipse us by a huge margin). However, this fan uprising I don't see happening for another 5 years or so, so I think it's easy to say we're still in the baby steps as to getting the content we desire. And in the time being, for every chance Murdy takes with something more obscure, will mean another Saw or NOES to go along side it. I accept that easily, I just hate that it's ALL returning content. One, maybe 2 repeats, I'm down with and will fully support.

As for Chucky's Revenge, interesting to know HOTC will be apart of it since Freddy, Jason and Saw will have nothing to do with it. My only hope is that since this year Chucky is a major player that we'll get to see him in a Jigsaw trap (I remember talking about this in the Vault days). Now THAT would be classic. I'm still hoping we get a drive by of the original HOTC house on the backlot for the Terror Tram. It's not TOO far away from Whoville. As a matter of fact, it's right down the street, about a 15 second drive, 3 minute walk (if I remember correctly). Only problem is that I think the Housewives will have a problem with that (let's just hope they're not doing night shoots).

And last but not least... Kong Express is an awesome name. Whoever thought of that should get a raise.

I asked John about sliders this year. Looks like we're going to be wearing a mask with a decrepit face & bones sticking out. Costume is apparently tattered/ripped. Can't wait to see what kinda mask Boneyard Effects pumps out.

Hey guys, thought I'd share this interesting bit of info. The Kong Express will be on the Lower Lot, keeping the Studio Tour queue for Terror Tram. Didn't think about that but that's definitely a good idea since it would be closer. I'm just curious as to where the trams will line up at and where the queue will be. I'm thinking maybe the Jurassic Park over spill queue or something. I don't know, definitely cool that there will be more to do on the lower lot this year!

Hey guys, thought I'd share this interesting bit of info. The Kong Express will be on the Lower Lot, keeping the Studio Tour queue for Terror Tram. Didn't think about that but that's definitely a good idea since it would be closer. I'm just curious as to where the trams will line up at and where the queue will be. I'm thinking maybe the Jurassic Park over spill queue or something. I don't know, definitely cool that there will be more to do on the lower lot this year!

I tweeted Murdy about that quite a while back asking him if that would be a good maze location. He replied with these exact words: "Maybe, but I think it could be used for something else." So that's what he was talking about!

Murdy said it would be hard because of the casting for Ash

okay so i've never seen evil dead...

but i looked up ash from evil dead and i am wondering what is so hard to cast about him...

like would i have to see the movie to realize whats so hard to cast about him?

cause when i look him up on google he just looks like a normal person...lol

@HorrorNights Here's a question, would you ever consider resurrecting the Texas Chainsaw Massacre maze in the future? It was real disturbing

@DireBrian In a heartbeat...haven't be able to get it but that could change

So you're meaning to tell me... he wanted MORE repeats? UGH.

There is no flippin hope for the future afterall.

Actualy there is some hope related for the future of the event:

@horrornights hmmm, do u see the hollywood event ever getting as big as orlando's event?

@MikeTweetz That's the hope. A lot harder in Hollywood but we'll get there eventually

Yeah, we're aware of Murdy's ridiculous claim that it would be too hard to cast Ash. And I say that's poppycock. They casted TWO Loomis', they can cast at least TWO Ash's. How many do you really need anyway? Creating an Evil Dead maze in my mind, all I can think of is needing 2 Ash characters at the most. Normal Ash and Chainsaw Ash. You can throw in Evil Ash too but that's just silly.

LeeRay, I highly suggest you pick up the Blu Ray this coming Tuesday. It is my all time FAVORITE horror film. Nothing beats the Evil Dead and nothing is more perfect for a maze.

Evil Dead: Dead By Dawn

Evil Dead: Join Us

Evil Dead: Book of the Dead

Evil Dead: Necronomicon

Evil Dead: One by One We Will Take You

Evil Dead: Is Anybody Out There?

Evil Dead: They Won't Let You Leave

Evil Dead: Cabin in the Woods

Evil Dead: Army of Darkness

Evil Dead: Awakened

Evil Dead: The Chronicles of Ash

Evil Dead: Shut Up, Linda! Shut Up! (hey, if Kill, Jason, Kill! works, why not that? lol)

C'mon!!!!!

Edited by DTH316

So me and my friends all just bought Front of the Line passes for opening night...! Im so excited... Has anybody else bought these before? Are they as awesome as they sound? lol cause they seem to good to be true for only $69.99...

Edited by force2294

Ive never bought one, I always attend opening night and never needed one. Except maybe for MBV & Halloween last year, those lines were a little long.

Oh okay, but with these we'd definitely finish all rides, mazes, and show right? Because we usually want to get on mazes more than once but dont have time, and we never do rides...