HHN Hollywood 2010 Discussion

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... in general, it sucks. The repeats suck, the properties suck (NOES remake in particular), the title sucks, the maze subtitles suck, the "z"'s on the end of the scarezones suck, the stock bloody mary image of la llorona sucks, the hype we had leading up to this sucks. What doesn't suck? House of 1000 Corpses and the Terror Tram. Until the shows are announced thats about it. Still hoping for the best...

Well... in general, it sucks. The repeats suck, the properties suck (NOES remake in particular), the title sucks, the maze subtitles suck, the "z"'s on the end of the scarezones suck, the stock bloody mary image of la llorona sucks, the hype we had leading up to this sucks. What doesn't suck? House of 1000 Corpses and the Terror Tram. Until the shows are announced thats about it. Still hoping for the best...

Um...I think Bill & Ted is all we're getting this year.

I agree with nightcrawler 95%. This year is a giant SUCK for the most part.

And in all honesty, even though HOTC is the best bet for maze of the year, the idea of it sucks in my mind also as I'm not too thrilled about those characters occupying a maze space when it could go to something more worthy. Also because Zombie royally pissed me off with H2. But I'll try to separate film from maze creation. And the 3D sounds like a lame gimmick for this but we'll see what they do with it.

Terror Tram, as excited as I am for Chucky to take over, I just get a bad feeling about it when I hear none of the movie properties are apart of it. My only hope is Universal's own properties but even than, I don't know if that's a for sure thing. If it's all original, that ruins the point for the Terror Tram FOR ME.

I still don't understand the damn theme we're getting at this year. Everything feels so flippin' random. We all said "oh, we'll see when everything is announced." Uh... yeah, I STILL don't get the big picture here.

If a mod could pin this thread, and unpin the speculation thread, that would be nice!

Edited by DTH316

Yeah, I know it's likely all we getting is Bill and Ted. But I can hope for something else. Also, I admit HOTC isn't that exciting to most people, but it is popular in my group of friends so we should have a great time going through. Also, I almost forgot... the generic ass overplayed vampire house of horror overlay SUCKS. Pun unintended.

Trevler, that's a show. You know this is different. Seriously, c'mon now, lol

We're not going to complain about Bill and Ted. We just want something to come out of the Hollywood side to gain some familiarity and tradition to HHN.

Plus we have other motives for wanting it (crowd eating).

From all accounts, Slaughterworld was not a very good show, and not very different from the day time Water World show. Wouldn't you rather get a BRAND NEW NEW NEW show in there?

If Slaughterworld dont come back Im kicking The Statue Freddy in the nuts twice!

Also, while I'm sure your joking- threatening violence against scarectors is not cool. I've been kicked in the nuts several times over my career and it isn't fun.

Edited by Trevler

Oh I would LOVE a brand new show in the Waterworld arena. But having something in there eating up crowds is better than nothing. If it was something new, I'd actually go see it.

P.S. TICKETS ARE NOW ON SALE!!

Edited by DTH316

@HorrorNights Here's a question, would you ever consider resurrecting the Texas Chainsaw Massacre maze in the future? It was real disturbing

@DireBrian In a heartbeat...haven't be able to get it but that could change

So you're meaning to tell me... he wanted MORE repeats? UGH.

There is no flippin hope for the future afterall.

@HorrorNights Here's a question, would you ever consider resurrecting the Texas Chainsaw Massacre maze in the future? It was real disturbing

Youve got to be kidding me! I know Murdy has to please the GP, But Jesus Christ!!

Seriously, and also what happend to Murdy saying that this year we were getting ALL NEW SCAREZONES. Guess that was a fail too! I'll be going opening night to hhn still but not for enjoyment or excitement but more for tradition of going every year. Hope next year makes up for it. :(

Oh sweet cheese biscuits NO!!!! :angry: At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if we get a Rob Zombie's Halloween maze next year! When is Murdy going to get the message that we don't want repeats? I thought all that uproar on the Facebook page would be enough to prove that we didn't want repeats! I'm starting to see a new pattern here! New stuff one year, repeats the other. New stuff one year, repeats the other! I want all-new stuff next year and every year! If this keeps up every year, I'm thinking of screwing Knott's and Hollywood and just saving up for me to fly out to Orlando for the weekend every year to go to Orlando!

I am seriously disappointed with the multi-night pass this year. 9 nights..? $60 sounds great, but I need more than 9 for the sake of versatility.

But.. I shared my comments and ideas on the HHN Facebook fan page and the admin running the site replied and stated he will be sharing my comments and ideas internally. Hopefully some changes can be made?

But I honestly doubt anything will change since the tickets are already on sale.

9 nights isn't enough for you? lmao I think one is awesome, 2 is good enough and 3 is pushing it but you want more than 9 whole nights?! Also notice the nights not for the Multi Day (such a lame ass name by the way) are not Saturdays to avoid overcrowding, which makes sense. They also left off the Wednesdays at the end of the month so most likely they're going to add those on as well soon.

From all accounts, Slaughterworld was not a very good show, and not very different from the day time Water World show. Wouldn't you rather get a BRAND NEW NEW NEW show in there?

Also, while I'm sure your joking- threatening violence against scarectors is not cool. I've been kicked in the nuts several times over my career and it isn't fun.

I would of agreed with on version 1 and but what made me said was they got it right the 3rd time and boom never again and sorry bout the SA Violence would it make you feel bette if I changed it to Jackie Earle Haley (guy who played the new freddy).

but regardless of how good SW was is a way different thing then the mazes and SZ, plus we need at least one other show since the number of shows been droping since 06

I'm still rooting for a secret JP overlay. That would turn this C event into an A automatically.

I wouldn't count on it. Most everything this year is sub par. I'm still coming to terms with the fact that all of our scarezones are spelled with "z" and the Jason maze is titled Kill, Jason, Kill.

You. Have. Not. Seen. This. Year. Yet.

You don't know if its sub par. I can't go into any details, cause we were told not to, but I have to say after hearing what I've heard from the horses mouth so far, Im actually very excited about this year. More so then I was last year.

So yes, some of the themes they have this year are repeats. Nothing ANY of us can do to change it at this point. If you keep telling yourself that everything is gonna be bad when you get there, then it will become a self full filling prophecy.

I