HHN 2010: Nightmare on Elm Street: Never Sleep Again

Hobbz

Ghost, did you go through the previous incarnations of the maze? I'd agree with you if what we were dealing with was the original Freddy franchise but we're not; we're dealing simply with the remake and if that's any indication, the creative deaths can be thrown out the window unless they take the liberties and create MANY more new ones. The idea of the original maze was much better as it was everything as a whole not just one, lone and horrible movie.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ No, this is my first HHN after years of haunt. Haunt just does not scare me anymore, and HHN always seemed scarier, so I'm trying it out for the first time. I also didnt see the new one, but if what TRevler is saying is right, and Ive found him to be pretty reliable at TPA than this has potential. I heard someone over there mention the maze was a cool concept, and no victims sounds pretty freaky!

http://www.themeparkadventure.com/Universal_Studios_Hollywood.htm

I am actually very impressed with the few pictures taken, especially that first shot. I actually have a feeling this house will scare the hell out of me. I dont know how to explain it, but for some reason Freddy is a favorite. So far I am impressed, and I like the idea of the preschool, the rooms so far all look nice and this should be an awesome house!

Nice find.

Unfortunately, I'm still not impressed by this. Especially the micronap illusion I anticipated to be so much more than just a scrim. I was imagining some type of black light effect, where walking through an ordinary room and then once the light is triggered, everything changes and Freddy pops out (I think this was done for the first room in 08... that's as close as similar to the idea I was thinking up)... not just Freddy hiding behind a screen. Seriously, that's a bit lame and I'm glad I know that before hand now instead of being disappointed on the day. Now I can just take it for what it is.

And they're really hyping up that final scene. I'm expecting something drop dead extraordinary now especially all the jazz being flung around by Murdy and TPA. Hopefully it lives up to expectations.

I do, however, like it's dark and brooding look that kinda reminds me of TCM. Hopefully it pulls out all the stops and is just as scary as that. But for now, I'm very EH on this. Especially even more than before after the description.

http://www.themeparkadventure.com/Universal_Studios_Hollywood.htm

I am actually very impressed with the few pictures taken, especially that first shot. I actually have a feeling this house will scare the hell out of me. I dont know how to explain it, but for some reason Freddy is a favorite. So far I am impressed, and I like the idea of the preschool, the rooms so far all look nice and this should be an awesome house!

I hate to say this after all the shit I was talking about NOES, But it is looking good.

Haha, that's similar to the hint Murdy gave.

And yes, that's how I feel. Isn't the scrim effect used in HOH even?! I think even Knott's does that. I don't know, no big deal to me.

What WOULD be awesome is if the scrim shoots down like the shade protectors you stick to your car window and Freddy physically comes out of the boo-hole. If not, that doesn't do much for me.

Well I know that Trev. I just imagine walking down a hallway and then BAM, LOUD SOUND EFFECT, FREDDY COMES FORWARD FROM BEHIND THE WALL, etc. Just doesn't do much for me. If I was imagining someone just standing there, that'd be pretty weird haha

Although, that WOULD be creepy. Walking down a hallway and the light behind the screen just flashes in a non scary way. No sound effect, no growl or violent moving forward action. Just Freddy standing there, watching you from behind the screen as the light flashes every once and awhile. It would totally creep people out. Especially if the whole hallway was back to back scrims, Freddy at each panel and only one is real and that will be the one that the screen flips open and the scareactor comes out for the scare.

I would've done Wolfman before the film came out so I wouldn't have had a judgment on the film yet. Even then after, the least I could've done was put it in the HOH or the Terror Tram.

I also like to think outside the box; there's more to Haunts then mazes so it's possible it could've even got it's own scare zone since the fans were asking for it to be included (especially in London street). Wolf Man stunt show, behind the scenes creature effects, Wolf Man workshop to go inside a replica of the Wolf Man suit and check out the props (think that lower lot room with more hands on activities). Photo ops while going down the escalators. SOMETHING. With enough maze space and if the notion of no repeats were holding true, it would've definitely got it's own maze. Even without the maze space and I optioned for one of the things listed above, if those other "experiences" were received well enough, the next year would've had a maze. At MY event at least.

Edited by DTH316

So the L.A Times just posted a scene by scene description of this maze like they did with Saw last year... What do you guys think about it? A 9 ft tall stilt walking Freddy for the final scare??? Hmm idk lol

Heres the link :http://travel.latimes.com/daily-deal-blog/index.php/nightmare-on-elm-str-7521/

Edited by force2294

I LOVE THIS! SOUNDS LIKE SOME AWESOME SCARES! Its going to be a weird night. Im going with all guys( :( ) Were all between 18 and 20, theres 6 of us. 4 of the six(including myself) are very easy scares, but were not the usuaul targets. However, the mazes seem to try to attack everyone, and this one will scare me!

Knowing this is the Shrek Venue gives us some idea. I'm assuming the final scare is in the final room.

The final final scare is while you're exiting that room.

And then of course, the final final final scare is that hallway out of the building where Freddy comes out of a curtain to hide away Shrek.

I LOVE THIS! SOUNDS LIKE SOME AWESOME SCARES! Its going to be a weird night. Im going with all guys( :( ) Were all between 18 and 20, theres 6 of us. 4 of the six(including myself) are very easy scares, but were not the usuaul targets. However, the mazes seem to try to attack everyone, and this one will scare me!

You're not alone man. I'm going with like four other guys haha. That final scare does sound really cool!