HHN 2010: Nightmare on Elm Street: Never Sleep Again

Hobbz

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just finished reading the article and I gotta say that I wont be able to say if I love or hate the maze concept untill i walk through the maze. It supposed to be based on the REMAKE, and just from the movie preview alone im not too pleased. But you never know, it may be better portrayed as a maze than the REMAKED MOVIE. What do you guys think?

(damn you beat me to making this post topic lol)

this was shocking when i first found out that freddy was coming back but if freddy's coming back JASON?:blink:, but i think he came back because he is a horror legend and everybody fears him which why he goes perfect with the "legends" theme this year so there is a 99% chance that wolfman is back this year. The location of the maze hasnt been announced but i think its in the shrek area.

I don't think jason or TCM are coming back, i wouldnt mind jason but TCM has gotten stale, maybe UNI made a deal with platinum dunes to where they only had to use freddy, just my opinion. Anyway, I am not exactly looking forward to this maze but again, it might be better than the movie MBV certainly was so......... ya

so Murdy keeps telling everyone on twitter that this NOES maze will be all new everything, but i just cant help to think that i will def see some of the same props and or scenes...but he promises that wont happen....so u know what, im not dissapointed about this descision to bring it back, lets see how it turns out...o and i think he is the main marketing icon, unless i read that wrong,,,

Warning: Incoming fan girl freakout!

WOOOOOOOO!! FREDDY'S BAAAAAACK! ALALALALALAAAA! *Dances!*

Oh. Hell. Yes. Freddy's back~ Freddy's back~

dancingmidget.gif

I KNEW IN MY HORROR-LOVING HEART THAT HE'D BE BACK.

*Cries hysterically with tears of joy*

My main concern with making a maze based off of the remake is that the remake lacked the really creative kills that the original had. Most of the creative scenery and moments were lifted off of the original film. The new film really didn't take too many risks when adventuring in to the realm of dreams, choosing to stay safe with what was already done. Just about the only unique scene that stands out in my mind is the stuff revolving around the daycare.

With that being said, I'm really interested in seeing how Mr. Murdy is going to use the movie as inspiration for his maze. The quality of a movie doesn't really affect the quality of a maze. Just look at My Bloody Valentine last year, the maze took a fairly crappy movie and turned it into an enjoyable experience. I think Mr. Murdy is going to have to take some real creative license with this movie in order to twist it into something that is as equally awe-inspiring as some of the previous mazes that were based on the NOES franchise.

Well there it is, a repeat. Murdy is full of horse shit! I know some will say, "well technically its not a repeat, its based off the remake." Fuck you! Its a repeat, its got Freddy in it, its a goddamn repeat! Sorry for the language, But really??!! This will be our 3rd with Freddy, and if I read that Jason and TCM are coming back I will literally shit on the floor. What a let down.

Fool me once (08) shame on me, Fool me Again (10) Im gonna Blow my brains out Cobain Style realy this is such a freakin let down not only is freddy back its the new Emo-Pedo one and hes Icon yet again oh how Orlando is laughing at us

You know whats more of a burn its in the exact Same Place!

Edited by Grindhousehero13

Okay, I have 2 major rants coming out; one for this board and one for the speculation board so here goes this one --

WHAT

THE

FUCK!!!!!!!

You know, it's one thing just to bring back Freddy and redo all the old films and the missed gags they didn't hit the first time.

It's also another thing to say, "we're gonna bring back new stuff from the old films and incorporate the new"

BUT AN ENTIRE MAZE ON THIS ONE PIECE OF CRAP MOVIE?

How is that possible when the scariest part was a kid's head smashing into a computer screen?!

There was only ONE cool new part, okay, maybe 2 and that was THE DINER and the SCHOOL. One of those scenes had a scare in it, the other, nada.

And let's just throw this out there -- EVERYONE I KNOW DESPISES THIS MOVIE.

Not H2 despises but they HATE IT nonetheless. F13 was the much more liked remake, but I'll get to that in the other thread.

Why do they hate it you ask? Because everything this maze will be based on. Yeah, let's ponder that for a minute --

The environments were nowhere near as cool as the original. Less inventive, less scenic and just downright boring.

Freddy looked like a squirrel and acted like he had down syndrome (might be offensive, but it's true)

Freddy's personality that worked for icon material before is now gone. He had one good joke in the movie. True, he wasn't "funny" in the original either until part 4 really rolled around. But are we going to have Rorshach talking to us for 5 minutes before unloading the trams when we're all thinking, "Jesus Christ, someone give this guy a fucking cough drop already."

The kills, or lack thereof I should say, were BORING

And there were virtually no scares worth replicating. As said, computer screen smashing was one and the other one that didn't get me but everyone else in the audience was Freddy opening a car door.

How we gonna pull either of those two off? Oh wait, you can't because it's IMPOSSIBLE

There's not even cool, random Freddy monsters running around to have fun with or any fun antics like being turned into a small person in a doll house

Shitty choice in repeat if we were ever to get one when told we weren't going to, shitty choice in movie and I'm almost positive it'll be a shitty to mediocre maze.

The original maze from before was the least scary before and it'll still be now. Why? Short guys wearing my grandpa's hat, the cat lady's sweater and the least threatening weapon known as knitting fingers aren't scary (it worked for the original but after that, he just looked stupid. Why else do you think they turned this franchise and Child's Play into comedies?). Now to top it off, they'll look like squirrels. Seriously, you've GOT to be kidding.

Fool me once (08) shame on me, Fool me Again (10) Im gonna Blow my brains out Cobain Style realy this is such a freakin let down not only is freddy back its the new Emo-Pedo one and hes Icon yet again oh how Orlando is laughing at us

You know whats more of a burn its in the exact Same Place!

Leave cobain alone lol...... Hahha emo one

Glad to see I'm not the only one freaking out about this. This is complete bullshit! 07 was blah, it was the Asylum with Freddy thrown in, 08 was a huge step up and a sucessful maze, But I think bringing it back 2 years later, and not even the original is a huge mistake. Now I didnt hate the movie but I sure as hell didnt love it. The only scene I did like was the ultra violent death of the girl who was sleeping with her BF in bed. Unfortunetly the idiot GP doesnt care much about repeats and am sure will welcome this maze with open arms. I can hear it already, "oh! freddy's back! and its a new maze!"

I may be wrong but besides like two scenes was it mostly the first movie redone? like not too much new and is it just me or does murdys anserws on twitter make it seem like his soul died when he said Freddy's back oh and let me guess will he be let loose on the back lot "FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER?" hopefully they at least do a better commercial