HHN 2010: Nightmare on Elm Street: Never Sleep Again

Hobbz

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Freddy Tampons for everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why!!!!!!!

like DTH said atleast Jason would of been a better Icon since his Remake did not suck Donky Dong I hate to sound like a whiney internet nerd yelling because one of the jonas brother is the new spiderman especialy since Im still going to this craptacular and will most likely still have fun but....................

803205-holy_facepalm_super.jpg

honestly if HHN was gonna sell out on this level I would have perfered a Jennifer's body maze sheeesh

I'll gladly vote for that. Actually, you can get that done on Facebook. Tallies could be done by "likes" and responses. Just remember to include "hot chicks in cheerleading outfits & prom dresses killing people and half naked go gos versus pedophile, emo Freddy that looks like a burnt hamster and is in desperate need of a cough drop wearing your grandpas hat and the cat lady across the street's sweater".

Jennifer's Body definitely sounds more enticing.

WAIT, WAIT, WAIT - THIS IS THE BEST PART

Jennifer's Body actually had more inventive kills and a higher body count! HAHAHA, HHN should be embarrassed!

Edited by DTH316

WAIT, WAIT, WAIT - THIS IS THE BEST PART

Jennifer's Body actually had more inventive kills and a higher body count! HAHAHA, HHN should be embarrassed!

Serously right!

My headline will be this

Two Cheesy Movies.........One had a Butt Raped Version of a Character america came to Love......The other had a Teenaged Lesbian Make out scene.......Guess which ones better LMAO

Yeah, this is bullshit. I'm not saying it can't be good, im not saying it won't be good. I'm just saying it is bullshit. Lets put aside that it's another Freddy maze, lets put aside its in the same spot, lets put aside that most everyone hated this movie. Even ignoring all that, this movie suits itself to a boring, generic maze. Freddy in this remake might as well have been any killer because there were no transformations, no inventive dream environments or memorable kills. To me, this is just Murdy playing it extremely safe. Freddy has been proven popular, slasher mazes have proven popular, so why not repeat it over and over again?

If there is no Wolfman maze, I will be very sad. At least Murdy has said Freddy wont be the theme of the tram, so there is some hope there.

Here is a list of horror films that would have been more inventive and interesting of a maze:

The Descent

Child's Play

The Thing

Hellraiser

The Exorcist (I know, not his fault as hes been trying to get the rights)

Trick r' Treat

The Hills Have Eyes (I heard someone dismiss this on facebook... thats bullshit. I dont care if it takes place outside, thats why the maze would be interesting)

Children of the Corn

Shaun of the Dead

Silent Hill (Could be based off games)

Resident Evil (Same)

Psycho

Creature from the Black Lagoon (or a maze combining all the classics)

28 Days Later

Even Scream to a certain extent would be more original (Dont get me wrong, I REALLY want a scream maze, but the above list is based on originality). My point is, if you take away the ridiculous rule that every film you do has to be popular with general public, successful at the box office and be a slasher-esque movie, there is an almost limitless number of options better than the nightmare on elm street remake maze. Universal has the resources and skill to make quality attractions that other parks just can't. So use that ability to show me something I've never seen before. Send me to the arctic in the thing or to the toy factory from childs play 2 or to silent hill.

Sorry if this is long, but I think the limitation of what properties are being used are going to hurt the event much more than help it.

Edited by 00nightcrawler

Nightcrawler, I agree with you on everything other than Children of the Corn, haha

Even though Shaun of the Dead was mostly a comedy and was already done as a scarezone, I would've preferred that instead of this repeat

I don't mind repeats, just as long as they're stretched out more over time or back to back.

For example, if Halloween or Saw came back (not MBV, because I just don't think it was as good as the other two), I'd have no problem with it as long as they were to say they were putting some new stuff in it. Saw, of course, I would want to have all new traps. Halloween, just new kills. And as long as it's not BOTH of them. This isn't Knott's here.

But leaving it for a year and coming back to it just doesn't feel right, especially when it's of the new, lesser, version of the film.

Nightcrawler, I agree with you on everything other than Children of the Corn, haha

Children of the Corn is the only one of those movies I've never seen haha. It just seems if they could pull a maze off that relies on having smaller actors it would be interesting. That and I love cornfield environments,

I couldnt agree more DTH, I would have preferred a repeat from last year even if it was MBV. But to bring back a character from 2 years prior knocked everyone on their ass, and not in a good way. If Murdy is fucking us over this bad, this year; next year better rock! I want Scream AND Trick r' Treat, although I'm not holding my breath because I'm sure he'll come up with some excuse as to why he cant do it.

Yeah, next year will probably be:

* Rob Zombie's The Devil's Rejects (T2)

* Saw 3D (Lower Lot)

* Rob Zombie's Halloween (WWW)

* Dracula: Dead and Loving It (HOH)

* A Nightmare on Elm Street: Never Sleep Again (Back by popular demand in Shrek)

* Terror Tram: The Nightmare Tour 2 (Because you can't have enough remake freddy)

idk but all of you but I'd love to do this house I actually liked the new NOES and the new Freddy, it just suffered from a poor script.

I think while some of us are pissed because we think the remake sucked, the main reason we are angry is this is the 3rd year we are having Elm Street in our 5 year return and its been in the same spot every year. We only get 4 real mazes (I dont count HOH) down here, and we would just like some genuine new experiences.

Oh I get it...

Saw 3D... because it'll probably be the third damn time it comes back... but this time in an extra dimension... even though we live in a 4D environment... eeeeergh... uh, someone explain that 3D logic to me again. I think I missed the part where I was living within a 2D screen or something.

Now for everyone saying, "Hey, they made MBV good, they can make remake NOES good too."

First of all, MBV kicked ASS

Second, MBV had a HUGE body count to work with

Third, MBV had new environments to go through (mine shaft is awesome)

Fourth, MBV was way bloodier and more gruesome than NOES was

Fifth, MBV didn't have much original stuff going into the maze like they'll practically NEED to for NOES. About 95% of what was in the maze was in the movie. I'm suspecting only 50% of NOES will be translated faithfully so the other 50% can have some added kills and scares. Seriously, I think like 4 people died in that movie.

MBV worked as a maze because it WAS a maze in the way HOTC is practically a maze (even though I like HOTC as a movie, it as a maze doesn't excite me too much).

MBV had everything the F13 series, the NOES series, the TCM series and the first Halloween film had going for it to work as a maze.

MBV as a maze, in my opinion, sucked because I got the tail end of every scare unfortunately but everyone else who was more fortunate than I am seemed to love it.

So there's THAT.

I am right and you are wrong! So ha!!!!

NananananannanaannanaA!!!!

Okay, I'm done now.

They seriously at least could've put it in a new venue. That just shows me they're not trying too hard with this one. But then again, might as well waste the repeat on that venue. In my opinion, that venue (aside from Asylum since I've never been through it) was always the worst maze of the event. But then again, my opinion on that comes from 2 out of 3 of those times being NIGHTMARE ON FUCKIN ELM STREET!