What is your favorite "Cheese" house?

58 members have voted

1. 1. Best "Cheese" House

• PsychoScareapy: Home for the Holidays
    • Creatures!
    • Leave it to Cleaver
    • Dungeon of Terror: Retold

Over the last few years A&D has added a new style of house known for being deliberately humorous/cheesy/campy.

I chose Creatures! for the great mix of humor, gore and effects. Oh and also for being raped on a pool table by Bryan (C_D). Creatures was always a communal experience for my group. All of us would walk out cracking up and discussing our favorite parts. Another reason why 18 is a year not to be forgotten.

In order.

1. Creatures!

2. PsychoScareapy: Home for the Holidays

3. Leave it to Cleaver

4. Dungeon of Terror: Retold

Edited by NightlifeMike

Leave it to Cleaver definitely gets my vote. I walked into this house really having absolutely no idea what to expect, and I walked out a believer!

This house was almost my favorite house last year. The scares were on point, the scenes were great and who could forget about Meaty Meatz! He's what really made this house for me.

I must have just gone through Cleaver and got caught between scares. Most the scareactors I did encounter were just standing there in the masks holding knives...that was it. The premise and sets were great and I loved little bits like the hands spinning in the garbage disposal and all. I really wanted to like this one but just didn't much.

You have to love the random "cheese" house that we get every few years...the kind that you walk into wondering if its intention was to make you laugh instead of frigthen you. I would definitely have to say Creatures! wins as my favorite cheesy house of the last several years. It was like the Dukes of Hazard meets the Beverly Hillbillies meets In Search Of on moonshine chased with some crack. A detailed house that offered some serious redneck style laughs and some good scares to boot.

Does anyone remember the truly horrible and cheesy "Fear Factor" house of 2002?

As deliciously cheesy as Creatures! was (and damn, let me tell YOU, every scare actor I ran into in that house had the cheese level jerked up to an eleven lol ) my vote goes to leave it to cleaver.

Not only was it cheesy, oh no. It came off SO cheesy that by the time you got inside and you remembered you were supposed to be in a horror house, it was too late. The wait to and the queue line made me so comfortable that the scares seemed to slap me double!! :o

And the ending in the butcher shop front itself was priceless. I think the winner of this contest is obvious :]

Cleaver is their most successful use of humor to date. A fun concept that was executed pretty well. I just wish I could hear the queue video.

Fear Factor was more crappy than cheesy. Worst house ever.

You have to love the random "cheese" house that we get every few years...the kind that you walk into wondering if its intention was to make you laugh instead of frigthen you. I would definitely have to say Creatures! wins as my favorite cheesy house of the last several years. It was like the Dukes of Hazard meets the Beverly Hillbillies meets In Search Of on moonshine chased with some crack. A detailed house that offered some serious redneck style laughs and some good scares to boot.

LoL your comment made me laugh so much,

My vote goes for Home for the holidays, I Loved that house so much, because it was Xmas themed, sometimes I get annoyed of the xmas music or decorations every December, so for me It was Great to see a horror house based on this, I just loved it, Specially the Santa at the end, that was the best, Plus I got some pretty good scares,

plus there were many memorable moments in the house like the "snow man"

I kinda hated leave it to cleaver because I expected the actors to at least try to scare me, the set up was cool, but no scares or anything, everyone just seemed to be walking

while the actors said welcome to meetz

Edited by black7mask

I voted for PsychoScareapy: Home for the Holidays. That's probably my second favorite house in my history of attending the event since 2002. I really like Creatures, too, but I thought Leave It to Cleaver was just OK, and Dungeon of Terror Retold was eh.

Leave it to Cleaver closely followed by HFTH, simply because LITC was so ridiculous with the smiles and the 50s/60s style, I fell in love with it after expecting a horror house I cam out shocked and with a new favourite house!

Psychoscareapy, HANDS DOWN. Favorite house of all time, not so much for the scares, just the amount of detail put into the set. Each time i went through, i saw something new and gruesome about the house, it was just so interesting to me. And, it marked my first time coming back at a scareactor with a witty reply (I think...) as a scareactor came up to me and asked "Wanna know whats in my pants", i said "hopefully me" with a wink, which seem to set the scareactor dumbfounded and all i got was a stare, good times. On the subject of Scareapy, the sweet sixteen year i still remember as half of the scareactors yelled, instead of your usual " YOUR GONNA DIE" or "ARGGHH!!", they all yelled "BYAHH!" from the Chappelle show, really change the house for me, from fear to laughing the whole way threw.