Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

JDW

I really don't think RE is going to be a house this year. I know 0% about about this iP and that may be diving my opinion. I really think hhn has the big IPs taken care of and I'm expecting a tie togeather house of the legends. If they actually do this I'd say this would be the be the best line up sence 09, but that's my opinion.

So who thinks we'll be seeing Urban Legends: El Cucuy next year? And I'm pretty sure RE is still house. I think we would have known about it honestly. Not saying an original house that ties into the "theme" we have going wouldn't be cool, but I don't really see that happening.

Mazes like La Llorona and El Cucuy make a lot of sense here in Los Angeles as our demographic is heavily Hispanic.

I was surprised to find out that Orlando was getting a La Llorona house, but then again I'm not very familiar with the demographic in Orlando.

If the maze does migrate to Orlando, I also can see them going with a generalized Boogeyman house and not one specifically based on the El Cucuy legend.

• Like 1

Urban Legends is something that could go on and on and on.

Sasquatch/Yeti/Bigfoot, Chupacabra, Area 51, Boogyman, Alligators in the sewers. Or they could just do a general myths one- clown statue, hook hand, snakes in coats, poprocks and soda, etc etc. Hell, I'm sure at some point Bloody Mary will make her comeback/have her "revenge" in an Urban Legend house.

And then you have myths from other countries- like they are doing this year. Lock Ness, Banshees, Chernobyl, Egyptian curses, Djinn, Viy, Kuchisake-Onna, the Hupia, world wide "abduction" locations, Mokele-mbembe/and other "lost worlds".... and so on, and so forth.

Mazes like La Llorona and El Cucuy make a lot of sense here in Los Angeles as our demographic is heavily Hispanic.

I was surprised to find out that Orlando was getting a La Llorona house, but then again I'm not very familiar with the demographic in Orlando.

If the maze does migrate to Orlando, I also can see them going with a generalized Boogeyman house and not one specifically based on the El Cucuy legend.

Pretty Hispanic over here too. But a different demographic of Hispanic. You've got a large Mexican/Central American demographic, we've got a much broader Cuban/Puerto Rican/Caribbean demographic.

Which still makes me wonder why we haven't done a proper Voodoo house in over decade here. C'mon Urban Legends : Baron Samedi.

• Like 5

Mazes like La Llorona and El Cucuy make a lot of sense here in Los Angeles as our demographic is heavily Hispanic. I was surprised to find out that Orlando was getting a La Llorona house, but then again I'm not very familiar with the demographic in Orlando. If the maze does migrate to Orlando, I also can see them going with a generalized Boogeyman house and not one specifically based on the El Cucuy legend.
I can specifically see a house based on el cucui or as our grandparents would call it in Puerto Rico El Cuco, it could work here. I see Danny Trejo is doing el cucui's voice on the hollywood side, awesome.

Oh see I didn't know I stopped giving a rip after the second game and the third movie :P

Completely understandable. I only know it because of gameplay videos.

The only image that was strikingly "Exclusion Zone" was the destroyed merry-go-round. Everything else is not-descript abandoned imagery that could be anything from a Chicago-high school to a Filipino bank. And don't try to think too much about connection in regards to PS. It's strictly a marketing tool to hint at houses.

I've heard some of the games were much better than the movies. I just never have time. I mean the second one was what? '98? I loved the first and second game. but lost interest when I started playing the 3rd and got away from big time gaming.

Actually, I have 15 ish games I've meant to get and play in the last 5 years. Just never get around to it.

• Like 1

The first RE to me was the weakest, RE 2 is the one that actually started the legacy as we know it, 5 and 6 are good but steer away from what made RE what we love, survival horror. I've been hearing that they're bringing RE back to survival horror so i'll keep my fingers crossed on that one. By the way, looks like the 29th is back for the final reveal.

• Like 1

In the really odd chance that the rumors are right about no RE house, will either be the most epic clusterfuck of all time or the most epic bait and switch of all time. At this point though, I just want them to just get the damn reveal over with.

In the really odd chance that the rumors are right about no RE house, will either be the most epic clusterfuck of all time or the most epic bait and switch of all time. At this point though, I just want them to just get the damn reveal over with.

Ive heard, RE is pretty much confirmed...

On other topic, Which resort is best at HHN ive been to Orlando past 4 years and Hollywood really has my attention this year, what you guys recommend me?