LegendaryTruth - The Collective

Luke

If Jordan and Mods will let this one stand.

As it is an apology...

To Gerry, doug and jessica....

I am sorry if my post was misconstrued in any way possible as anything other than defending that you all do exist and are in fact real people. The reality is that outside of this investigation I do not know you and hold no negative opinions for you and anything I said involving that was in the spirit of us being pit on opposing sides in the game and not personal at all. Sometimes my bluntness comes off wrong, and I am aware of this. and I do apologize if anything was said that made you uncomfortable or upset.

I would have responded back directly to Gerry on facebook instead of here, but she sent me a veiled threat and blocked me. I understand, she took a personal offense, but NONE was intended. As stated, I was just letting people know that you do exist as real people and not characters in the game. In hindsight i should have left it at that instead of dragging in game opinions into it.

Thank you.

Now we may carry on.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I persoanlly liked the "the markings appeared because of the work the collective was doing"

No, you showed us the markings for this to all begin with. If there were no markings we wouldn't have started randomly putting normal photos on top of each other hoping for an ornate pattern. Mind you, an ornate pattern of a "device" (portameus) that ends up happens to be sittign IN their offices along with the lantern. So if they have both the lantern and the portameus at thier offices, why did Mr. Fell need us to put together the pictures for them? were they not able (having the answer sitting there at the office) to go "Oh, that looks vaguely familiar" especially after the first symbol was revealed? I somehow think putting the man in charge on a boat in the middle of a big lake with no lines of communication has let the asylum start to run itself, and now the wrong people are playing with the "big kids toys"

Bowties and Fezzes might be cool, but remember, Bananas are good.

And as for Thorncastle, I'll have to check out the nearest bait and tackle shop to see if I see a large white truck that seems to be glowing and/or has a large vine covered dude hanging out around it.

honestly... and i say this with all the love i have for the A&D crew... I think we are reading into things too much and the errors we saw last night were less intentional as they were caused by the nature of the medium used to conduct the chat and a possible lack of preparation.

If Jordan and Mods will let this one stand.

As it is an apology...

To Gerry, doug and jessica....

I am sorry if my post was misconstrued in any way possible as anything other than defending that you all do exist and are in fact real people. The reality is that outside of this investigation I do not know you and hold no negative opinions for you and anything I said involving that was in the spirit of us being pit on opposing sides in the game and not personal at all. Sometimes my bluntness comes off wrong, and I am aware of this. and I do apologize if anything was said that made you uncomfortable or upset.

I would have responded back directly to Gerry on facebook instead of here, but she sent me a veiled threat and blocked me. I understand, she took a personal offense, but NONE was intended. As stated, I was just letting people know that you do exist as real people and not characters in the game. In hindsight i should have left it at that instead of dragging in game opinions into it.

Thank you.

Now we may carry on.

Thank you Rob, I accept your apology. And I hope you'll keep this experience in mind in the future on these forums. I myself am obviously very transparent about my full name, as anyone can see from the link in my footer. But other members of my family (especially ones who are not even participating in this game) are not for good reason, and they do not appreciate their personal information being handed out without their permission. I'm sure you, other fans, and the moderators of this site can understand this. That being said, I would ask that if you have anything further to add to please send me a private message, so we can keep this thread on topic and keep things that are supposed to be private...private.

Thanks

Thank you Rob, I accept your apology. And I hope you'll keep this experience in mind in the future on these forums. I myself am obviously very transparent about my full name, as anyone can see from the link in my footer. But other members of my family (especially ones who are not even participating in this game) are not for good reason, and they do not appreciate their personal information being handed out without their permission. I'm sure you, other fans, and the moderators of this site can understand this. That being said, I would ask that if you have anything further to add to please send me a private message, so we can keep this thread on topic and keep things that are supposed to be private...private.

Thanks

Thank you, and once more I apologize. I only used the names that were used on FB and assumed that wouldnt be crossing any lines. Much apologies. I would feel the same if it happened to me,

Back on topic...

I seriously think for the most part the investigation is stalled until closer to the event, and that last night was an attempt to entertain and clear things up that had in some ways the opposite effect. It may also be the case as has happened before in LT, that we have figured things out before we were intended to and caused a hiccup in the timeline.

As far as the master goes... well... He could be anyone by now.... anyone else hear those drums?

In a totally unrelated to anything I had said before post, my favorite part of last nights' little gathering was when someone asked that, If they should run into Fear or any of the other Icons, they should physically subdue them to bring them in for capture.

Immediately LT/A+D were all "noooooo, that's ok though, thanks. we'll take care of that part.

I was just thinking "yeah, that would be a real quick way to turn any future LT things astray, beat up the people at HHN itself to "bring them in"

Yeah I noticed that too, I actually started to get heated over they guy claiming that him and his "Offical" Ghostbusters were the only ones capable of handling this and no one else should try. I love Ghostbusters, heck it's my favorite movie, but I'm not dragging that love into LT as it's two different worlds (well maybe it could interconnect if they hadn't let GB rights lapse, but that's besides the point) and I just felt it was kind of annoying to keep posting GB related responses and questions into a totally different thing that had nothing to do with Ghostbusters roleplaying. But then again I eventually thought better and just decided to let it go before I said something i'd regret or pissed someone else off myself lol

Really I didn't get most of my questions responded on (most in reference to Goth Wackee and the physical location and actions of the devices), but I did really find interesting thee whole "timepiece" concept and enjoyed the meeting as a whole, just wish it was in a more organized fashion where we could've avoided some of the repeat/unnecessary questions

It may also be the case as has happened before in LT, that we have figured things out before we were intended to and caused a hiccup in the timeline.

As far as the master goes... well... He could be anyone by now.... anyone else hear those drums?

Yeah, I agree, I think the timeline has been far askew for a while now. we went from solving the picture puzzle, to "oh, the grand unvieling of the HHN website is in a couple days, and we're still on the 2nd or 3rd peice", to now there's an LT meeting, and suddenly we're presented with the whole image on thier table. Granted, they've done this before, with the 2008 investigation, this kind of mass participation for a live event is still kind of in it's infancy, and I think we're experiancing some heavy hiccups because of that. I can only imagine how hard it is for them now, since the lines of the "investigation" and the knowledge they released to the GP have blurred things. Now instead of this one track of an invesatigation, people are aware that LT has a house in the event. Kinda makes the timeline of a story all wibbly wobbly when people already know what's GOING to happen, but the story hasn't gotten a chance to get there yet.

I still think it will be fun, and I do hope for more of these in the future, but yes, for now, it's hard to see clearly exactly where things are supposed to go now that the two worlds have started to bleed into one another.

Really I didn't get most of my questions responded on (most in reference to Goth Wackee and the physical location and actions of the devices), but I did really find interesting thee whole "timepiece" concept and enjoyed the meeting as a whole, just wish it was in a more organized fashion where we could've avoided some of the repeat/unnecessary questions

And do you have the password for the MNA? No, REALLY, do you HAVE the password for...

Yeah, I agree, I think the timeline has been far askew for a while now. we went from solving the picture puzzle, to "oh, the grand unvieling of the HHN website is in a couple days, and we're still on the 2nd or 3rd peice", to now there's an LT meeting, and suddenly we're presented with the whole image on thier table. Granted, they've done this before, with the 2008 investigation, this kind of mass participation for a live event is still kind of in it's infancy, and I think we're experiancing some heavy hiccups because of that. I can only imagine how hard it is for them now, since the lines of the "investigation" and the knowledge they released to the GP have blurred things. Now instead of this one track of an invesatigation, people are aware that LT has a house in the event. Kinda makes the timeline of a story all wibbly wobbly when people already know what's GOING to happen, but the story hasn't gotten a chance to get there yet.

I still think it will be fun, and I do hope for more of these in the future, but yes, for now, it's hard to see clearly exactly where things are supposed to go now that the two worlds have started to bleed into one another.

That's why I think the story for the Wyandot Estate is the rogue cell, Spirit Seekers. The Q&A gave us the knowledge that there are presently more than one LT, the actually LT with Ignatia and Allison, and the Spirit Seekers with Richards and, presumably, Thorncastle. I really think marketing botched the current investigation by labeling the Wyandot Estate a Legendary Truth house when it really seems to have nothing to do with the LT investigation that the Facebook page is about (the Lamp and Fear).

The timeline isn't muddled if it's focused on. The 2008 investigation isn't related to this year. The Wyandot Estate (until it is finally visited) doesn't have to do with the investigation this year other than it's title. That's why so many answers were pushing us in a certain direction.

I seriously think for the most part the investigation is stalled until closer to the event, and that last night was an attempt to entertain and clear things up that had in some ways the opposite effect. It may also be the case as has happened before in LT, that we have figured things out before we were intended to and caused a hiccup in the timeline.

I agree, especially since I can't pull much useful information from the Q&A about LT's specific case (Fear) other than the Portametus.

Although it did amuse me that everyone starting jumping all over the LT members for conflicting information regarding the Device. ;)

I guess at this point we wait. Or start a drinking game with the LT Page. Every time someone asks for the password or where they get badges, take a drink!

The timeline isn't muddled if it's focused on. The 2008 investigation isn't related to this year. The Wyandot Estate (until it is finally visited) doesn't have to do with the investigation this year other than it's title. That's why so many answers were pushing us in a certain direction.

The timeline im referring to is their timeline for completion of the clues. the layout of the game and the expectations of when things will occur.

I agree, especially since I can't pull much useful information from the Q&A about LT's specific case (Fear) other than the Portametus.Although it did amuse me that everyone starting jumping all over the LT members for conflicting information regarding the Device. ;)I guess at this point we wait. Or start a drinking game with the LT Page. Every time someone asks for the password or where they get badges, take a drink!

I was already doing that...

I wasn't trying to connect the 2008 investigation to this one, just stating that th 2008 event was the other time that Universal, A+D, whoever, attempted to have this mass "let's have the fans be part of the story" type event. Thus it's still in it's infancy, and there are going to be problems and mistakes that occur along the way. Basically saying, patience is a virtue, and we'll eventually see the story as they intended it to unfold, we might just hit a snag or two along the way.

Maybe this has already been discussed - and if so disregard this post and move along - but has anyone noticed that on the HHN site, the description for the Legendary Truth: Wyandot Estate now reads "The SPIRIT SEEKERS have created a machine [...]"

Doesn't this put to rest the timeline issues? The Spirit Seekers are the rogue group who have apparently stolen "the device". The official Legendary Truth we're dealing with is separate, for now.

Does anyone think the senior staff members will do anything to "handle" those of the collective who seem to have turned away from being loyal to them, and now feel they are the problem (as most of us have become suspicious)? Just curious :)

Does anyone think the senior staff members will do anything to "handle" those of the collective who seem to have turned away from being loyal to them, and now feel they are the problem (as most of us have become suspicious)? Just curious :)

Also... that really wouldnt work or make sense... what would they do to them? especially in todays litigious society... Remember folks... THIS IS JUST A GAME. IT IS NOT REAL LIFE.

This is something I sadly feel like I need to say, as many people have gotten a little TOO into this game this year and lines are being blurred.

THIS IS A GAME!

people were asking in the chat last night if they should attempt to subdue or restrain Fear or his allies at the event, which common sense would say NO, you dont touch any performer or guest... however common sense is not that common it seems.

People are getting very personal in disagreements and taking things wayyyy too far.

and It seems some people are behaving like this is actually REAL. What do you possibly think the "Senior Staff" are going to do to park guests?

They are all ACTORS and we are all playing a GAME.

Its a shame that this needs to be said, but unfortunately the way some people are taking this i'm afraid people will do real world things that have real world consequences and ruin the fun for everyone.

Dont touch, threaten or in any other way assault or attempt to bring harm to anyone else involved in this event... or anyone in general.

thank you.

Also... that really wouldnt work or make sense... what would they do to them? especially in todays litigious society... Remember folks... THIS IS JUST A GAME. IT IS NOT REAL LIFE.

This is something I sadly feel like I need to say, as many people have gotten a little TOO into this game this year and lines are being blurred.

THIS IS A GAME!

people were asking in the chat last night if they should attempt to subdue or restrain Fear or his allies at the event, which common sense would say NO, you dont touch any performer or guest... however common sense is not that common it seems.

People are getting very personal in disagreements and taking things wayyyy too far.

and It seems some people are behaving like this is actually REAL. What do you possibly think the "Senior Staff" are going to do to park guests?

They are all ACTORS and we are all playing a GAME.

Its a shame that this needs to be said, but unfortunately the way some people are taking this i'm afraid people will do real world things that have real world consequences and ruin the fun for everyone.

Dont touch, threaten or in any other way assault or attempt to bring harm to anyone else involved in this event... or anyone in general.

thank you.

you seem to have taken my question quite literally, I'm actually not extremely involved with this game, more of an onlooker, I meant more along the lines of an "online" thing, whether that be having Mr. Fell speak to us or send messages to people regarding the "disloyalty" to the organization. I in know way meant this as a serious thing, I'm sorry If you misunderstood :)

you seem to have taken my question quite literally, I'm actually not extremely involved with this game, more of an onlooker, I meant more along the lines of an "online" thing, whether that be having Mr. Fell speak to us or send messages to people regarding the "disloyalty" to the organization. I in know way meant this as a serious thing, I'm sorry If you misunderstood :)

no problem, and I understand what you mean. And it wasnt directed only at you... It has been a growing trend on here and FB and I figured it needed to be addressed. And as good intentioned as the post you made was, I can also see your post as possibly fanning those flames in the fans who are getting too involved.

As ive said several times, Its getting to the point where I actually am starting to not want to participate this year.

no problem, and I understand what you mean. And it wasnt directed only at you... It has been a growing trend on here and FB and I figured it needed to be addressed. And as good intentioned as the post you made was, I can also see your post as possibly fanning those flames in the fans who are getting too involved.

As ive said several times, Its getting to the point where I actually am starting to not want to participate this year.

I understand what you mean, and again I do apologize for any flame fanning I may have caused. I didn't realize people would have taken that to a serious extent, although I guess that unfortunately seems to happen with games that seem even slightly real :/

Edited by Rhi

I thought you were talkin about the Wyandot Estate and was askin what LT would do concerning the faction that was investigating it...my bad.

That would be interesting, although I could see it being small things that only we would recognize or understand