What reminds you of HHN?

2006 The movie jackass number 2 it had just came out . And uni wasn't open so I decided to take my date to see it in citywalk then we would go to hhn

well after the bathroom shot I left the theater grossed out. We went on into the park first house was pyschoscarepy well we all know about it's bathroom scene keep in mind I was recooping. From jackass. Without being too graphic I'm sure you know where I'm going.

This was a bad chioce of films

Edited by crashcarnage

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Certain smells remind me of HHN. For example the burning Rome scene on Spaceship Earth always makes me think of the Hansel and Gretel scene in Scary Tales two years ago.

This may be weird, but whenever I hear certain Christmas songs I think of HHN. lol Only because I heard it playing either in the Psychoscarepy: Home for the Holidays queue or inside the house itself.

When thinking about HHN and not just last year's event but every year that I attended, I usually remember things from Bill and Ted the most... I remember the parodies and the MJ tribute last year, the songs, dances, etc. Aside from Bill and Ted, I remember the different haunted houses (especially the ones based off movies). I remember walking into Silver Screams and always smelling popcorn or seeing the phantom of the opera playing on the movie screen as the Usher jumped out and scared me.

Whenever someone around me uses a chainsaw or a leaf blower, I still jump and get scared thinking of the Chainsaw Drill Team but then I realize I'm not at HHN.

Back in 2007, I remember the one house, Dead Silence: The Curse of Mary Shaw. I'm absolutely terrified of ventriloquist dummies and so that house was always the scariest to me that year. So everytime I hear the theme song from Dead Silence (my friend loves the theme song), I think of that house.

Even though I can tie most things in with HHN, I will cap my little nostalgia-ish response haha.

• 1 month later...

So many things remind me of HHN:

1. A road i use to pass coming from my beach house always smelled of BBQ, and i was instantly transported to Leave it to Cleaver

2. The song "Move Along" by All American Rejects reminds me of B&T for some reason

3. A cool summer day that has a hint of autumn in it makes me miss HHN like crazy ( i know, weird)

4. Something thats just too odd, at my college, ccsu, the student center and an auditorium smell exactly like the Halloween Makeup Show, which i go in when i'm feeling blue

• 2 weeks later...

Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab perfume oils, especially Bloody Mary and Sugar Skull.

Speaking of smells, I love me some fog juice! I even have a little one (that makes bubbles, too) and will crank it up at random points during the year to get a fix.

A Summer Place never fails to make me smile. (music used in Psychoscarepy)

There's a line in "Get On Your Boots" by U2 that makes me think of HHN;

You free me from a dark dream

Candy-floss, ice cream

All the kids are screaming

but the ghosts aren't real

Mae

All kinds of things can, usually things that bring Houses to mind.

For example, I remember once a month or so before HHN 2008, I was watching 'Shrek the Third,' and the whole scene with Prince Charming leading the fairy tale villains in attacking Far Far Away immediately brought to mind the idea behind Scary Tales, as I figured that House would be similar.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

So, now, HHN stands as a BIG ol' reminder of my ex. Last big trip we took together, at time, alot of pictures, alot of fun. Now it just stands as a serious sore point in my mind, which sucks since ive been going since 2004, but just one year has kinda put a damper on it =/ .....Oh, and Churros, which do not exist in the North East =p.

Any songs that have been used at HHN.

Fog machines.

Anything creepy or horror-related.

Chainsaws. My God, the chainsaws.

Clowns.

"Time" by Pink Floyd. The creepy intro could very easily be used at HHN with some minor modification, possibly in a house queue.

Guest FL Universal Jax

I was at Animal Kingdom the other day walking through the giant bird cage at the back of the park. In order to exit the bird cage you have to go through a bunch of chains that hang down over the door. The chains are made of plastic and are there to keep the birds from flying away. However, for a moment I thought I was going through a haunted maze. I know everyone can relate to the plastic chains in the way of their head!

I play in free poker tournaments at a local bowling alley, and every time that we are going on a ten minute break they play "let's all go to the lobby." Also, there's a radio station here in Tampa that does a segment called War of the Roses. Every time they start that they play A Summer Place (the song used in Psychoscareapy). Finally, when my wife calls me the cookie monster (because I love to eat cookies) I reply with "this is brought to you by the letters F and U"

• 1 month later...

This topic is for things that remind you of HHN or the haunt season. It could be a movie, songs, TV shows, a restaurant...ect.

I will start it off.

When I listen to Bullet For My Valentine It reminds me of HHN cause I was listening to them all day before I went to my first night of HHN. :)

Whenever I run my fog machine and I smell the fog (which smells exactly the same as what Universal uses) it reminds me of HHN.

Plus pretty much any time I'm in Universal at night it reminds me of HHN.

Btw Cody, I love how your sig and avatar match the orange Staff icon. That looks awesome!

Btw Cody, I love how your sig and avatar match the orange Staff icon. That looks awesome!

Whenever I hear people using chainsaws, it reminds me of HHN.