Pet Peeves about Horror Nights  

124 members have voted

1. 1. What is your biggest Pet Peeve about Halloween Horror Nights?

• People who scream at every little thing even when there not scared or no-ones around
    • People who bring there underage kids along ( younger then the age limit specified by universal)
    • Long lines
    • Lack of scares from the scare-actors
    • Mazes aren't dark enough
    • Mazes aren't long enough
    • All of the above

Ok, I voted for the people who scream at everything even if it's not scary. I understand when people scream because they are scared and i actually enjoy watching people who scream when they are scared. It's the people who just walk around just screaming that really gets me.

Another one of mine is people who point out every single scareactor. It ruins the experience for someone who hasn't been in the house before.

My last one is people who wont go in the houses. Me and a couple of friends went to HHN last year and one of my friends brought his girlfriend, which was ok with everybody, but she wouldn't go in any houses and my friend only got to go through 2 houses. I understand being nervous going into a haunted house, but if you pay the admission to get in then why wouldn't you go in them.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides the lines, which was my vote, SLOPPY drunks top the list.

Drunks are cool, even funny most times......sloppy drunks that are 400 lbs and throwing their girlfriend into walls, props, people- (namely me), and scareactors in Meetz Meats last year almost made me forget I was civilized. That is the only dude I've complained to security about, ever. But I guess you can't fix stupid.

Besides the lines, which was my vote, SLOPPY drunks top the list.

Drunks are cool, even funny most times......sloppy drunks that are 400 lbs and throwing their girlfriend into walls, props, people- (namely me), and scareactors in Meetz Meats last year almost made me forget I was civilized. That is the only dude I've complained to security about, ever. But I guess you can't fix stupid.

I have some 9mm pills that can fix those.

Both years that I attended HHN(17,18) I have not encountered a drunk. Sure i have seen people holding two or three jello shots in each hand but never actually ran into one. My vote was Parents bringing underaged kids to the event.I see parents with toddlers in strollers crying and im not sure wheather its the crying or the fact that parents think its ok to carry a kid into a maze making more noise then the chainsaws. And in the end the PARENTS are shouting at thier kids to be quiet and stop crying and complaining.Ridiculous...

I don't mind the people who scream at everything that much. The first year I went my girlfriend was TERRIFIED, almost every time she heard a loud noise she buried her head into my shoulder and screamed. I found it more amusing than anything.

People trying to scare the actors pisses me off pretty bad, it doesn't make sense. Why pay 70 bucks to come act like a jackass?

One of the things that has really gotten on my nerves is the over presence of non-actor staff in the houses. Most of these guys look like they're ready to commit suicide from boredom and have frequently shined flashlights in my face when I'm just casually walking through a house when there isn't a conga line. RAWRRRRRRRR

I usually get annoyed with the group of people I'm with. I tend to move quickly because I only have so many hours to get everything I want done, so I move with purpose. Then I look back and everyone else in my group is lagging behind because they apparently think they have all the time in the world.

I don't mind the people who scream at everything that much. The first year I went my girlfriend was TERRIFIED, almost every time she heard a loud noise she buried her head into my shoulder and screamed. I found it more amusing than anything.

One of the things that has really gotten on my nerves is the over presence of non-actor staff in the houses. Most of these guys look like they're ready to commit suicide from boredom and have frequently shined flashlights in my face when I'm just casually walking through a house when there isn't a conga line. RAWRRRRRRRR

LMAO your suicide comment really made me laugh

Edited by black7mask

People trying to scare the actors pisses me off pretty bad, it doesn't make sense. Why pay 70 bucks to come act like a jackass?

I've seen them completely ignore roaring drunks causing problems for scareactors and touching props. I've been told before that I should expect them to be exhausted, but that's not an excuse for not doing your job. I've done hard, physical work after 2.5 hours of sleep. What's their excuse?

I just hate when people don't move forward in a line lol. I know you're scared, but there's only way to get out! (well not really, but for the purposes of my argument, I'm ignoring the other exits lol)

Like when you're in the conga line and it just comes to a dead halt, and you can't even see who's causing the hold-up because they're three rooms ahead of you?

I just hate when people don't move forward in a line lol. I know you're scared, but there's only way to get out! (well not really, but for the purposes of my argument, I'm ignoring the other exits lol)

is kind of weird, but I actually like it when this happens, call me crazy, but I like it because I get to really see everything in the room, sometimes you have to walk so fast trough a house you miss a lot of stuff, last year in Dracula this happened, but I got to see the portraits in the walls, and in the Wolfman, I got to see the wolfman at the end really good, :)

I agree with the drunks and idiots, but the idiots that bring their little kids gets my vote. The whole point of HHN is to be scared in a "safe" environment. As a parent, when I hear a child screaming in terror it totally ruins the illusion for me. My "Papa Bear" genes kick, lol!

As far as line jumpers go, I've taught my 18 year old son (6' 250lb) to stand shoulder to shoulder with me (6'3",never mind) in the lines. Good Luck Jumpers!

Yeah, the kids. I still maintain that if there isn't an age limit, there should at least be a ban on strollers. They are a hazard in such a crowded environment, with people running around, and it would discourage people from bringing small children. You know, no matter what the age of the child, you have to purchase a ticket, so wouldn't be just as cheap, if not cheaper, to hire a babysitter for the night?

I did find that the really young kids, like toddlers, didn't seem to get as scared as the ones between about 5-9 or so.

Back in 2006, these two guys cut everybody in line so that they could start a fight with some middle aged guy who was there with his family. Then they tried to beat up the security gaurd. SO, I'm going to go with Rude people in general...

Hello! First post here. How about this combination. While I was in a house we suddenly came to a stop. Appanrently two drunks had got onto a fight in the middle of the house. The scareactor popped out next to me and scared me, and a few moments later tried to do so again before realizing that I was the same person. So we started to talk while the drunk idiots were sorted out. I try to make the best out of bad things.

I recon the toddlers aren't old enough to figure out that what's going on around them is scary.

You'd think that someone coming up and screaming at them would effectively scare them.

Maybe they're just friends of Damien.

Pet peeves as a scareactor:

Guys throwing their girlfriends at ALL the actors. Yes, I know they're scared but that's a safety issue! There was one time that this one couple lost balance and fell face first INTO my boohole! I backed up in time to see them on the floor.

OMG FLASHY CAMERAS! I hate them so. They blind me for me a minute and ruins the scares for the guests behind them. Get a night vision camera or turn off the flash if you must take pictures!

Light Up Swords...that was such a safety hazard for us. I have no idea why they decided to sell swords. Guests would swing/poke the swords INTO the booholes. I almost got smacked by those a couple times.

Guests screaming at the actors' faces. "I'M NOT SCARED OF YOU!" "YOU CAN'T TOUCH ME!"

Pet peeves as a guest:

The smoking in the lines...blech.

The light up swords and various bright objects...personally, I think they ruin the house atmosphere sometimes. TURN THEM OFF.

Drunks who have no control over themselves...being very inconsiderate to everyone around them.

Edited by LadyVulpix103104

The light up swords and various bright objects...personally, I think they ruin the house atmosphere sometimes. TURN THEM OFF.

On that note, I have to add people who use their cell phones as a light source in a house...seriously? It's not as if your phone gives off enough light to see more than an inch in front of your face, in turn, these people walk at a snails pace holding up the line even more so. Turn your damn cell phone off, deal with the dark since your in a haunted house and all and WALK!