HHN XX Construction Updates

I believe that rig will be used. i think they will do something along the same lines as the "Shadows from the Past" scare zone thing they had last year. I can see them covering the entire area with those red lights from last year. I don't know...that's just what I thought of when i saw it.

Edited by coolkidO

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that rig will be used. i think they will do something along the same lines as the "Shadows from the Past" scare zone thing they had last year. I can see them covering the entire area with those red lights from last year. I don't know...that's just what I thought of when i saw it.

I've become very fond of scarezones with that flood of dark red light. They used it in Streets of Blood, also, back in 2008. It's very effective.

I approve of this effect!

Mae

ps I also remember, waaaaay back in 1994, Hollywood Blvd being bathed in blood red light. It would certainly hearken back to those days if they did it again!

Edited by Mae

Actually this would most likely be for RTU, although it is not impossible that after that event has concluded they might not be used for the 20 Years of Fear scarezone there.

The lighting trusses have never been used in that area for Rock the Universe. I know that in '08 when we had Asylum in Wonderland the trusses went up before RTU as well. Also, most of Hacktion was up last year before RTU.

The lighting trusses have never been used in that area for Rock the Universe. I know that in '08 when we had Asylum in Wonderland the trusses went up before RTU as well. Also, most of Hacktion was up last year before RTU.

Thanks for the info! As I've never attended RTU and probably never will, I did not know this.

Just got back from the park and while sadly there wasn't much going on in the streets (besides the lighting truss), I did snag a few shots of some theming taking place on the 'HAVOC: Dogs of War" tent. It looks like the Shadowcreek Bunker facade is coming along nicely.

Also grabbed a shot of the lack of theming on Catacombs. Everything was shot from public places (Simpsons queue for the tent houses) so please no lectures.

I also threw in a nice shot of Jack from the Horror Make-up show for all you Jack lovers out there ;)

Here we go:

Here is a closeup of the Truss in Hollywood Blvd (I realize others have posted a pic already but this one is closer). As others have noted, it is definitely smaller than the one used in the Wonderland scarezone:

4939763041_8f505aa357.jpg

This is the theming on the Shadowcreek bunker for the HAVOC house. You can see the side of the facade in the middle of the picture. Last time I saw it, it was black plywood:

4940347304_37781405dd.jpg

This is the incomplete facade (I hope) for the Catacombs House. I believe this is where the entrance usually is to the houses in this tent. Just looks like a boarded up door right now:

4940343260_63a8780cfb.jpg

And last but not least. Some of us love him, some of us loathe him, but this was too good of a shot not to share. Here's ol Jack from the Horror Make-up Show lobby:

4940345414_8d8e2759af.jpg

Lookin forward to some more "recon" once the streets start heating up.

Cheers!

Edited by madmonk

This is the theming on the Shadowcreek bunker for the HAVOC house. You can see the side of the facade in the middle of the picture. Last time I saw it, it was black plywood:

4940347304_37781405dd.jpg

This is the incomplete facade (I hope) for the Catacombs House. I believe this is where the entrance usually is to the houses in this tent. Just looks like a boarded up door right now:

4940343260_63a8780cfb.jpg

I want to say something about that.

I saw the black facade being built that everyone assumed was for Shadow Creek, but the concept art is too long/horizontal to be for that facade. The black facade consists of three sections, maybe four feet wide. There is no way that long, "Shadow Creek" name, with the logo, is going to conceivably fit, unless they are building a wall to go around the Sprung before the actual facade.

I'm getting worried about the Catacombs facade. They've only got 25 days before opening night and I see nothing done. I'm sure inside is coming along fine but I guess the facade will just be something simple like a little cave or something. Why does the house in this location always have the least imppresive facade? If the first tent can have huge structures every year then why not this one?

I don't think Tent 2 has ever really had that impressive of a facade. PUTS, Jack's Funhouse, Dead Exposure, The Spawning? This year will be the first to have a large facade.

Tent 1, never has had a large scale facade but IMO Psycho, The Thing and The Hallow were all well done.

I don't think Tent 2 has ever really had that impressive of a facade. PUTS, Jack's Funhouse, Dead Exposure, The Spawning? This year will be the first to have a large facade.

Tent 1, never has had a large scale facade but IMO Psycho, The Thing and The Hallow were all well done.

Well Dead Exposure had the huge bulletin board with all the photos and the Spawning had the large Water Treatment building. Both of them were twice as big as anything tent 1 has ever had. The Chucky box was the only big thing it has ever had but it has had some nice ones like the Hallow and Psycho. I'm just waiting for the day when every house (besides Jaws) has a soudstage quality facade.

I still think that black, construction shot that should never have been taken is for Catacombs and not Havoc. That photo of the boards up door is quite possibly the exit.

Judging by the room names that were leaked as well as the DOWs and other roles that have leaked, I do believe that the Tent #2 facade (the large black picture you are referring to) is indeed for Havoc: DOW.

I'm almost 100% positive it's for Havoc just by the people cast in there.

Destination: Theme Park said that cast was for that facade because they assumed it was Tent 2. The shape of that facade doesn't fit the Shadow Creek concept art though.

I always felt the facade looked more like a temple/pyramid entrance than a military facility anyway. The only time I've seen military facilities that resemble that shape the would be embedded into mountains, but even then they wouldn't have their name plastered on the walls.

Check out this image of a catacomb entrance:

2273311-lg.jpg

If they covered the black of the facade with dirt, rocks and grass, you would create an instant Catacomb entrance. The concept art for Shadow Creek just doesn't match it.

Also, unless there is a typo on the facade rendering, the Shadow Creek facade specifically states it is for "Tent 2."

I was just about to post that same thing. So from casting names, to concept art, to room names, everything points to Havoc.

I was just about to post that same thing. So from casting names, to concept art, to room names, everything points to Havoc.

Except for the fact that there is no guarantee that the shot was of Tent 2. I remember reading speculation that there was some uncertainty. I personally think that image was mislabeled.

Regardless, we'll see next week when rehearsals start.

BREAKING NEWS: Charles is in the park right now and has confirmed street brand new street construction that was not there yesterday in between Shrek and Jimmy Neutron. From what he can see, he thinks this areas will be the 'Esqueleto Muerte' Scarezone. Pics to follow soon.