HHN XX Jobs & Auditions

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAUNTED HOUSE PERFORMERS, STREET PERFORMERS AND STILT WALKERS

Roles playing Vampires, Orcs, Chainsaw Wielders, Boogeymen, the Undead and many more terrifying characters to scare the %&*# out of our guests

:) speculate on that :P its for auditions but it says a few monsters now we have some house ideas?

Roles playing Vampires, Orcs, Chainsaw Wielders, Boogeymen, the Undead and many more terrifying characters to scare the %&*# out of our guests

:) speculate on that :P its for auditions but it says a few monsters now we have some house ideas?

that's been on the auditions page since I can remember...that's just a generic thing they keep up.

Edited by armyofrobots

That is the description that has always been used on the audition page. I wouldn't view it as a clue to this year's theme.

It says the same thing every year for that portion of the site. Not much to speculate on there.

Hello! This is my first time posting. My name is Molly, I am 19 years old. I had only been to Halloween Horror Nights 18 before I was pretty much mesmerized as well as dead set on trying out for a scareactor role the next year (HHN 19). I did a lot of online research about the auditions, what to expect, when to arrive, etc. I found out that auditions began at 7pm on a certain day after recieving the audition dates through e-mail (you can set this up by going to the Universal audition page and inputting your e-mail with a request for the dates). From what I researched online, I found it recommended to arrive painfully early -- so I ended up getting to auditions at around 4. The wait really sucked, especially because it rained which was timely. But all in all not so bad. I was one of the first fourty people in for audition, and I am happy I was, because it increases your chances of getting a role SIGNIFICANTLY. These people are looking for all shapes and sizes, and once they have enough of each then they turn people away a lot.

Once we were let in the audition building, we were asked to take a polaroid headshot, were given a number, and were corralled into a room. We sat and listened to someone talk briefly about the event and what they were looking for in a scareactor. In addition, we filled out forms with our availability and what we would prefer to be selected as if selected (street or house) as well as if we wanted to be fully seasonal, active back up or on firecrew. Once all of our paperwork was finished, we were seperated into groups and lined up to go into the audition trailer. While I have heard many different stories as tosome had to scare the judges. It really is just a matter of chance what you will be asked to do - so the best advice is to just be yourself and try to be out there! This job isn't for shy people and the judges know that, you've got to really be passionate - so don't hold back!

After we all finished, they asked out to stand outside and wait while the judges deliberated. Some people were asked to come back in, for example a guy friend I had made was asked to come back in with another dude, only to be asked if he would be willing to shave his beard for a part they were considering them for. If you are asked back in for any reason don't be scared, they just want to see what youre willing to do. Next we were seperated into two groups - just like on American Idol, one group is told they are hired and one is told they just didn't make the cut. It's a pretty exciting experience, but I must say the whole audition will take up a lengthy amount of time - so don't be surprised. Finally if you do get hired, you will be asked to fill out an online job application for the company to make it official and will undergo a background check type of thing as well as will be asked to sign up for an orientation.

Now one thing many people wonder about is how do you find out what part you get? In my experience, I recieved a call and was asked if I would accept the role I was offered. It's all just very organized and you have a say in the matter. Of course if you say no to a part, i would assume they wouldn't offer you another.

And I will absolutely agree - don't lie about your availability it will bite you in your a**. 3 strikes and youre out when it comes to tardies, and while the event doesnt start until late, I was required to get there around 4:30. You must be on your feet for 45 minutes at a time and you get "45 minute breaks" (after getting out of the haunted houses and etc it feels like 15 minutes) and you definitely will lose weight, sweat and be tired a LOT. Not to mention you'll be dodging punches from inebriated guests. While all of this does sound awful , I tend to remember complaining so much during the event and yet I am anxious for auditions to start again. It's an addicting thing, you meet all varieties of people, and you just feel SO accmplished when you make a group of straight men hug each other from being so frightened. And while you are only paid minimum wage, the benefits (free park admission and discounts) is nice for only working for a month.

Well anyways - sorry for the length but I believe all this info is VERY important to know so you feel absolutely confident with auditions.

Good luck!

- Molly aka Combat Chuckie (The one with the cool machine gun) from Chucky Friends Til' The End 2009!

Molly,

Great post, alot of good information there for the new people. I will be out of town when the assumed reunion audition will be held, So I will have to wait till the first open audition to see if I can secure a spot for my 6th year.

Edited by C_D

Nothing is confirmed, but my best guess is that the returning/internal audition date will be July 13 and the first open audition will be July 20.

Back that statement up by a week:

July 6 = returning/internal HHN auditions (rumored)

July 13 = First HHN auditions open to all (confirmed)

EDIT: Well, Jon you obviously were reading my mind.

Edited by BruinsFan

sweet I put in for updates... but it it already says July 13th.

With the way my present job is going, I'm looking to make a move permanently... I figure a part time would help with that.

Plus I've always wanted to do the scaring. :)

Edited by JWFearman

The e-mail for reunion auditions has been sent,July 6th is the Reunion, I received mine, but I will not be attending.

Why aren't you attending? I have worked with you one year and saw you multiple times last year, you have to be a part of it. Are you going to an open call at least?

Why aren't you attending? I have worked with you one year and saw you multiple times last year, you have to be a part of it. Are you going to an open call at least?

Yes I will be at the first Open call, going to Pa. and will not be back in time. So where did I work with you at?

Yes I will be at the first Open call, going to Pa. and will not be back in time. So where did I work with you at?

Creatures. Then when I walked thru Frankenstein you would scare the shit outta people when you grabbed my by the neck and pulled me in the back haha. I was Firecrew last year and only did Dr. Frankenstein once and it wasnt your cast.

I didn't really know whether to PM someone or post it here so:

Just like the past eight years for me, I'm having a very eleborate halloween party. This year the theme is horror movies. I'm using the title Silver Screams for this years haunt, except my version of Silver Screams will have Frankenstein, Dracula, and the Wolfman. Along with the Palace Theater, I will make a drive-in, The Moonlight Drive-In. It will have a fairly large drive-in screen, two cars, vintage drive-in speakers, a wooden concession stand and clips of intermission ads and trailers. Anyways, the Moonlight Drive-In will have Regan, Norman Bates, and the SAW Pigface, representing "semi-classics" and modern. Do any former HHN actors have any tips or pointers for them. Also any pointers for the house actors (Julian/Frank/Drac/Brides/ Gypsies/Wolfman/ect. would be great!

I didn't really know whether to PM someone or post it here so:

Just like the past eight years for me, I'm having a very eleborate halloween party. This year the theme is horror movies. I'm using the title Silver Screams for this years haunt, except my version of Silver Screams will have Frankenstein, Dracula, and the Wolfman. Along with the Palace Theater, I will make a drive-in, The Moonlight Drive-In. It will have a fairly large drive-in screen, two cars, vintage drive-in speakers, a wooden concession stand and clips of intermission ads and trailers. Anyways, the Moonlight Drive-In will have Regan, Norman Bates, and the SAW Pigface, representing "semi-classics" and modern. Do any former HHN actors have any tips or pointers for them. Also any pointers for the house actors (Julian/Frank/Drac/Brides/ Gypsies/Wolfman/ect. would be great!

You can PM me as I have played Julian Browning (front gate), Dracula, Dr. Frankenstein, and Norman Bates lol

Where exactly are the auditions held, and do we need a character type out?

Auditions are held in the Universal Orlando Human Resources building.

1000 Universal Studios Plaza Orlando, FL

Character typeout just means that they will look at you and determine which body type you are in order to place you in a role.

Hey im an old Vaulter...RIP..., came over off of a recommendation, finally found another fan forum but anyway.........

I plan to audition this year being that i transfered schools down to Orlando, and ive read the thread and its amazing it has helped but one thing it hasnt done for me is tell me what happens inside the audition room(with the creative team), what do you do??? do you scare them?? do you act like a character like Disney auditions?? what happens?

Hey im an old Vaulter...RIP..., came over off of a recommendation, finally found another fan forum but anyway.........

I plan to audition this year being that i transfered schools down to Orlando, and ive read the thread and its amazing it has helped but one thing it hasnt done for me is tell me what happens inside the audition room(with the creative team), what do you do??? do you scare them?? do you act like a character like Disney auditions?? what happens?

Welcome! It's been said, but no worries cuz it's not all you'd expect. They are casting body types, and with them having a picture of you before you even enter the room. There's a chance they may have you chosen for a roll, all the need to know is you can be loud and outgoing. So, that being said. I had to do a scare tactic, being a noise, voice, movement. Some get asked favorite color or movie. All they want to see from you. Is if your favorite color is pink or movie lion king. You've gotta be loud and crazy about it.

Don't be shy, trust me, they will be loud when you get in.