HHN Hollywood 2010 Speculation

Well the Scream maze wouldn't exactly follow the exact format of the movies with scenes of dialogue. Just a quick run through of the death scenes would suffice. And Halloween took place in the suburbs. THE ENTIRE MOVIE. Murdy put his spin on it though and it worked very well by going into more houses and into the asylum (which was only in Zombie's version).

What makes Scream scary to most kids these days is he's realistic, not just a stumbling giant zombie. He can be anyone, man or woman, short, tall, skinny, fat and is willing to use their wit to get you where they need to be. The first two Scream films weren't very atmospheric, aside from the first scene (fog settling in, swing in the backyard) but Scream 3 had some extremely creepy parts in it (ghost mom at the window, ghost mom in a body bag). Some of these scenes can translate very well into a maze.

Ghostface running at you would be awesome. Better than the miner from MBV anyway.

Going through all the movies, I can think of plenty of different set pieces that could be in the maze: Casey Becker's backyard, school bathroom, principal's office, Stu's garage, some outside bush areas with the news van, the movie theater, sorority house, outside area with cop cars, film set, Sidney's house and the end scene in the mansion. It'd work for me, but that's just me...

Edited by DTH316

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I said the same thing about Halloween too, before it became a maze. And I still stand by those thoughts. Disclaimer, Im not a huge fan of either franchise, so seeing that movie come to life isn't enough to do it for me. I like a maze to take me someplace I can't go in real life.

My Bloody Valentine is a good example. I dont care for the movie and I dont find the character to be scary either. However, going into a mine is neat experience for me, and it was easily my favorite maze from last year.

Wait................

YOU DON'T LIKE HALLOWEEN? Halloween directed by John Carpenter? Written by him and Debra Hill? With a score by Carpenter as well? Starring Jamie Lee Curtis and Donald Pleasance?

I - I - I - I just don't know what to say....

No...

I didnt say I didn't like it. Its a well made movie, and I enjoy watching it. But am I a 'fan' of Halloween? No, not at all. Slasher films to begin with aren't my horror genre of choice. Im into more fantastic things, with more super natural elements to it.

While a serial killer type movie might be more 'real', it doesn't really scare me, beyond a little startle jump when they use a loud audio cue. And don't think I dislike Carpenter. In the Mouth Of Madness is one of my favorite horror movies and I like the Thing quite a bit.

Speaking of in the Mouth of Madness, Dagon would make a pretty cool maze. Its a film version of the H.P. Lovecraft stories Dagon (natch) and Shadow Over Innsmouth. If you haven't seen this movie I recommend it. Big time.

I getcha. In The Mouth of Madness is a favorite of mine as well. The Thing, although slow, when things kick up, it's some of the most awesome horror ever created. I own both (as well as Halloween ofcourse).

But as we know, HHN is (I think) experimenting with slashers for the time being so they can have icons. Otherwise, I'd love to see a maze based on some more supernatural mazes as well since I agree they would make for pretty creepy mazes. However, I'm still getting my kicks being chased around by some of my favorite slashers. There's no feeling like it :)

Haha, thanks for the birthday wishes.

My main concern is, where exactly on AOL would the link be? I don't think it'd be Entertainment News because that comes DIRECTLY from popwatch.com, which is more of a social/gossip website although it does have the occasional announcement of things but usually dumb things like "JUSTIN BIEBER PLANNING A MOVIE! OMG!!!HAHAHAH" or something like that.

Main news? HHN isn't exactly main news... I don't know...

Moviefone? This is bugging me....

Not an announcement, but a nice read:

http://www.aolnews.com/weird-news/article/after-50-years-alfred-hitchcock-horror-movie-psycho-still-thrills/19513872

Edited by DTH316