Halloween Horror Nights 2018 Auditions

5 hours ago, WESKER69 said:

Cool. Thanks. I've got my "Maze Host" application ready to hit "send" any day now. haha... And I've got an audition for Warner Bros haunt event next sunday. So i've got 2 back-up plans.

where did you hear about the auditions for Warner Bros haunt cause I can't find anything 

Just got word that Orientation will begin Tuesday August 14 through Saturday August 18.

Emails to schedule your orientation should start going out later today or latest by August 10th ( I’ve personally gotten my “ Schedule your orientation “ email August 10th for the past 2 years ) 

And as for casting... DON’T LOSE HOPE JUST YET!

5 minutes ago, KissARat said:

Just got word that Orientation will begin Tuesday August 14 through Saturday August 18.

^welp.... that counts me out. Because they changed their dates from what they said during the audition interview, I got f**ked over by them. The ONLY day I am available is August 14th (which ironically would also be my callback date for WB :lol::ninja:) & MAYBE the 15th. However the 16th-19th, I'll be in Anaheim Thursday-Sunday for Power Morphicon (I have a $300 ticket & i'm not missing out on my 25th anniversary Power Ranger nerdiness :chainsaw::P)

But seriously though... they really need to get their act together with this event. Its so unrealistic that its sadly comical at this point.

17 hours ago, KissARat said:

Emails to schedule your orientation should start going out later today or latest by August 10th ( I’ve personally gotten my “ Schedule your orientation “ email August 10th for the past 2 years ) 

And as for casting... DON’T LOSE HOPE JUST YET!

Can we pick ANY of those days? Or is Orientation ALL of those days? Trying to prepare my schedule ahead do time just in case! I was actually at Universal today! Saw the facade on the backlot tour! Can’t wait to find out my role! 

46 minutes ago, MysteriousStage said:

Can we pick ANY of those days? Or is Orientation ALL of those days? Trying to prepare my schedule ahead do time just in case! I was actually at Universal today! Saw the facade on the backlot tour! Can’t wait to find out my role! 

You can pick any of those days. From what I was told the times will be 11am, 2pm, and 5pm. Im right there with ya!

Also, for the returning scare actors, is it me or are they actually making us come business causal? Lol. For the part 2 years that I’ve attended orientation I’ve came in a casual outfit. 

Edited by KissARat

6 hours ago, KissARat said:

are they actually making us come business causal? Lol. For the part 2 years that I’ve attended orientation I’ve came in a casual outfit. 

They ALWAYS say business casual for all of their crap... you know, "dress to impress" :rolleyes: despite the fact you always see people wearing jeans/t-shirt lol

Ugh, that’s a bummer. I’m sure my availability had something to do with it. Ironic since I was hoping to use this to save up extra money on the side, get away from my current job for a bit and maybe meet some new people.

How is the maze host job? 

5 hours ago, Kurseddragon said:

All casting emails have been sent so if you didn't get one you're not cast at this time. 

Thats what I figured. Honestly, considering they were already doing current park employee scareactor emails, that pretty much was the nail in the "Not getting cast" coffin.

3 hours ago, ZTO8411 said:

I’m sure my availability had something to do with it. How is the maze host job? 

I had full availability, but I bet the fact that they changed orientation to the week I wasn't available screwed me over. 

As far as maze host goes... you have to deal with the guests entering the queue & going through the maze. Its not a terrible gig.

34 minutes ago, WESKER69 said:

I had full availability, but I bet the fact that they changed orientation to the week I wasn't available screwed me

As far as maze host goes... you have to deal with the guests entering the queue & going through the maze. Its not a terrible gig.

Really? That’s interesting. I work Monday-Thursday but I put me as available for a lot of Sundays and Thursdays. Maybe they aren’t flexible with the orientation dates and that’s why. 

Yeah, I figured that’s what it was for the most part. Not as fun I’m guessing, but at least you’re still there. Just need to figure out now if I wanna work all those nights at the even or enjoy it with friends. Hopefully I get something when people drop. 

On 8/9/2018 at 12:17 AM, Bernieag98 said:

Contemplating on submitting that application for maze host but what if they were about to send that email for casting?

I’m thinking the same thing! I want to apply for maze host but when starting the application it says “You may only submit one application in 30 days. If more than one application is submitted, you may no longer be considered.” My scareactor application is still there but it’s been more than 30 days since I submitted it. However, I’m still concerned because it also said “Please note that only one application will be considered for all roles available at that time.”  I’m wondering if it’s talking about not submitting more than once for one specific role or if it includes our scareactor application as well. Does anyone know any info on this? Can we submit for both without it ruining our scareactor chances? Lol I’m so confused, maybe I’m overthinking it. But I don’t want to mess up my chances! I might contact talent office and double check. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, justinethepumpkinqueen said:

when starting the application it says “You may only submit one application in 30 days. If more than one application is submitted, you may no longer be considered.” My scareactor application is still there but it’s been more than 30 days since I submitted it.

Yea, I just said "f**k it" and applied for something else anyway. Its been more than 30 days & I'd rather get hired for something, than waste my time during the event hoping that just maybe I will get cast. I made that mistake last year. There is nothing worse than seeing a bunch of empty scareactor locations & knowing that you could've easily filled that role but instead they never contacted you to do so. The reality of it is, apply for something else at this point, or wait an extra few days to do it.

4 hours ago, Bernieag98 said:

My application isn’t on the website, but I filled it out the second I got home. Now I’m worried that it might be the reason I never got a casting email....

that's weird? but who knows you may get an email don't lose up remember people drop out the first week or so 

Edited by Asher97