Halloween Horror Nights 2018 Auditions

Auditions are next month!
I'm thinking about auditioning.
I'm currently working a full-time job with only Sundays and Mondays off and work the morning shift on the weekends.
I work in Glendale and can probably get to HHN on Saturdays and Sundays, probably by 7pm on Saturdays but I don't know how many people
have a call-time that late. Perhaps for pool. Anyway, who else is auditioning? Any tips or anything? 

Last year, I saw a lot of empty Scare Actor roles and not enough people were getting cast in Pool so I think you coming in till 7pm would be fine and as for tips on auditions, auditions are random and that's just my opinion on auditions.

Just now, XNaut said:

Last year, I saw a lot of empty Scare Actor roles and not enough people were getting cast in Pool so I think you coming in till 7pm would be fine and as for tips on auditions, auditions are random and that's just my opinion on auditions.

That's what I was thinking.
Last year I did it was when This is The End was going on.
I'll go ahead and audition in that case. Would be nice supplemental income. :p

On 6/29/2018 at 10:51 AM, XNaut said:

Last year, I saw a lot of empty Scare Actor roles and not enough people were getting cast in Pool

^this.... x100... This was a huge problem with last year. A LOT of the people who made the "Golden Ticket" cut at auditions never actually got cast for the event. Its frustrating seeing these mazes and SZs lacking in scareactors.

I've got my audition booked for Thursday morning. Honestly, I'm not sure how well I'll do this year with wowing the "judges" because I lack the energy lol.. But we'll see..

There were so many posts about last year's auditions... there are barely any this year... why is that? 

I am auditioning this upcoming Friday morning. Even though we audition inside, it's supposed to be 107 degrees outside! Lawd.

Anyone have any insight on how this year's auditions are going to go down? Love to hear what's going around the rumor mill, if that's even still happening. 

Edited by Cvsimmon
  • Like 1

This year they're doing "scare the cone" and the monster transformation.
I didn't get in this year. No golden ticket. But I think its because my availability was so restrictive. There was probably like 30 check-marks on that paper. lol
Anyway good luck to everyone else. 

• Like 2

Yep. Same process as last year. 

anyway, I got the golden ticket ....i nearly had an anxiety attack waiting for the numbers to be called lol... Also, i totally jammed my finger during the group scare & it still hurts like a b*tch! :chainsaw::lol:

• Like 2

Hey guys so I got my golden ticket by my second attempt well second year actually an honestly the room is smaller this year in the audition process. Last year I heard there were only about 600 spots :wacko: so thats a bummer. Hopefully I get a chance to get in this year for my first time. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AsapHorror said:

the room is smaller this year in the audition process. Last year I heard there were only about 600 spots :wacko: so thats a bummer. Hopefully I get a chance to get in this year for my first time. 

Yea, the room used at the Sheraton was definitely smaller than the one at the Hilton. Although it is a smaller on-site hotel. It made it tough for that group scare. I feel like we all bumped into each other at least once.

If they seriously only cast 600 people for the event, that would explain why it was so understaffed. Hopefully they are a little smarter about casting. The event needs A LOT of scareactors... actual roles & then "active back-up" (aka- pool) to fill in roles.

• Like 1

I was the first day (thursday). Not sure which group, hard to tell. Most likely one of the first 10 groups... But I was up against mostly returning scareactors so I had to really stand out. They said emails would be going out within 1 to 2 weeks (apparently paperwork will begin July 25th). So its possible that people have already started to get their emails since Auditions were Thurs-Sat. The waiting process is awful.

Last year, they waited until 16 days BEFORE the event started to send out the "Thanks for auditioning, all the roles have been filled, but doesn't mean you're not cast. Additional roles are always opening up throughout the event" email to those that made the cut with a golden ticket. And as someone who attended the event multiple times last year, it was frustrating seeing so many empty spots knowing that a multitude of us could've filled those roles.

• Like 1

Actually its better to expect not to be cast for the event otherwise you'll go crazy waiting for the email that'll never come. Even returning scareactors are not guaranteed to be cast again. It all depends on what roles they need to fill.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HorrorRat said:

Can anyone confirm that emails have actually already started going out? 

2 hours ago, Stilesvision said:

Agreed with HorrorRat, I feel like it’s still a little early, hasn’t even been a week yet

No. No emails have gone out yet for casting. Auditions just happened this past saturday. Don't expect any emails to start going out until around sometime next week at the earliest.

I've auditioned the past 3 years and got a golden ticket each time but never cast...never even got that email saying all the spots have been filled! I decided to not try this year, but I just got an email for another audition for scare actors 4'6-5'2 and 5'10-6'4 and since I'm 5'0 i'm going to give it a shot cus why not. 

Did you guys do the "scare the chair(cone)" again this year?