Halloween Horror Nights 2018 Auditions

1 hour ago, MysteriousStage said:

I’m hoping that because I am 6’2 and have a pretty vast background that’s I have a good chance of making it. But you NEVER know! 

I feel like us who fit into the height category of the second round of auditions have a high chance of getting that casting email, idk just a feeling. 

I’m 5’1 1/2 so I’m out here hoping 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bernieag98 said:

I feel like us who fit into the height category of the second round of auditions have a high chance of getting that casting email, idk just a feeling. 

I’m 5’1 1/2 so I’m out here hoping 

I sure hope so? It seems like that would make the most sense? But I’ve read so many varying stories/experiences. I’ve heard of many years where they didn’t cast people with golden tickets but then had open slots in the park that went unfilled. I know they have reasons for everything but I sure hope that isn’t the case this year! *fingers crossed* 

• Like 1

Last year was the biggest offender for having empty roles.... many people cast quit for one reason or another, so they'd permanently fill it with an active back-up scareactor (aka- "Pool"), which of course meant they were short on active back-ups to fill empty roles... but yet, they didn't bother to pull in those golden ticket holders (myself included) to make the casts complete.

And when you have a FFP or a keen eye, you tend to notice the emptiness in the mazes/scarezones.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bernieag98 said:

Same here!!! Ill volunteer to play the unnecessary tree if I must 

Congrats. You have been cast as the angry evil rapey child-eating tree from the first Poltergeist film...

fqqEKEd.gif

Behold... your costume reveal

• Haha 1

Today at my paperwork session I only seen one girl that was a veteran  so it could be going out by location but I also saw some new hires. Their are a lot of Veterans I know that have not got their  emails  neither. 

All I can say is be patient and don’t lose hope. I don’t know what their procedure is this year of how they are sending out emails. Keep in mind they will continue to pick  performers all the way up to the event start and after.  

In some cases you could get a email on the first week of the event. Come in Sept 14th do paperwork, orientation, and a quick rehearsal to start on that day. In the past 3 years I saw it happen. 

Edited by Darktigerlone
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Chefsolo said:

Any suggestions

Audition number doesn't mean anything. 

Suggestions?.... Binge watch something on Netflix. Play in traffic. Eat excessively due to anxiety of waiting. Play Uno or Jenga. Do a shot every time you check your email. ...............also be patient.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, MysteriousStage said:

Quiet :-/ beginning to lose hope....

it is quiet but to be honest don't lose hope. We, as people need to have patience sadly and that sometimes can be annoying but I have hopes that everyone is gonna get an email soon :)

• Like 1

I don’t think they typically send emails on the weekend but I’m not sure. I haven’t heard of many people from my cast last year hearing yet so I’m hoping it’s still too early. If I haven’t heard by Wednesday I will plan to be just attending as a guest this year, which is almost as fun :)

Well today is a week day, so there is no reason emails shouldn't be sent out today. I'd be surprised if emails went out this weekend only because it is Midsummer Scream. So after today, I'd say we have to sadly wait until monday (god i hope i'm wrong). This is very frustrating though when you do actually have another job & need to know if you're cast so you can let them know ASAP due to needing to adjust scheduling. :chainsaw:

• Like 2