Halloween Horror Nights 2018 Auditions

2 hours ago, Stilesvision said:

Anyone get an email so far?

I have notttttt. Before, it was hard not to check my e-mail every 2 minutes lol, which is why I've finally trained myself not to expect an e-mail and will just be surprised if I do get one. I was reading last years forum and people got sent casting e-mails even after the first week of HHN since a lot of scare actors drop out. So you never know! Unless you end up getting the "you didn't get cast e-mail"... which would suck haha. :blink:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stilesvision said:

Anyone get an email so far?

Tomorrow... Emails will be tomorrow... Be patient.

The ONLY way emails will NOT happen tomorrow is if they have pushed back the first paperwork date (wednesday, July 25th), but that is not likely and would really put them on an even tighter schedule... 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Asher97 said:

Has anyone gotten an email yet? I haven't.

^see above post 

Paperwork is supposed to begin tomorrow, but since no emails... expect paperwork to be closer to friday/saturday. Hopefully the emails go out tomorrow. Don't bother asking if anyone has gotten an email yet, trust me, if/when they do everyone will know. Just have patience no matter how frustrating.

I will say this though... this delay does not reflect well on this year's event already.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Paperwork sessions will last until we get closer to  orientation week. In  previous years they let us pick our  paperwork day, orientation day, and scare  Academy.

These are the official dates: 

Orientation August 13th -23rd. 

Sacre Academy August 24th & 25th. 

Rehersals 8/31-9/12. 

(Subject to change.)

Those are definitely not the official dates. And Paperwork has to actually begin in order for it to last until orientation (which is a longer stretch than those dates listed). Scare Academy is actually supposed to be August 30th/31st this year. Rehearsals the first week of September. Employee Preview on Tuesday, Sept 11th.

Everything this year in regards to casting is being done very last minute... the event begins in exactly 50 days (only 47 days if you include Employee Preview).. And we STILL only have 3 mazes & 1 scarezone announced.

Chainsaw training is on the Aug 31st. These were listed on their calendars at the audition. Their are  multiple paper work sessions in a day. Last year I got casted late Aug 21st and had paperwork the next day. My  orientation was the day before employee preview night.  I did not attend scare academy due to the late casting. My chainsaw training was  September 1st.  If Murdy is on time we should know all the mazes before the first  orientation. 

The reason for so many  orientations is because this event involves up to 600 to 1000 performers.  

Edited by Darktigerlone
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Darktigerlone said:

Chainsaw training is on the Aug 31st. These were listed on their calendars at the audition. Their are  multiple paper work sessions in a day. Last year I got casted late Aug 21st and had paperwork the next day. My  orientation was the day before employee preview night.  I did not attend scare academy due to the late casting. My chainsaw training was  September 1st.  If Murdy is on time we should know all the mazes before the first  orientation. 

The reason for so many  orientations is because this event involves up to 600 to 1000 performers.  

They ever had a chainsaw training before I think 

Any idea how they have decided to send out emails? Is it alumni first? In order of auditions days? Tall/Short/Special Skills priority? Just curious how long we should be looking out for emails and holding off on long term plans if we gave fully open availability. I am new to LA and this is my first year auditioning so I am new to the HHN audition process! 

Edited by MysteriousStage
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, MysteriousStage said:

Any idea how they have decided to send out emails? Is it alumni first? In order of auditions days? Tall/Short/Special Skills priority? Just curious how long we should be looking out for emails and holding off on long term plans if we gave fully open availability. I am new to LA and this is my first year auditioning so I am new to the HHN audition process! 

So the HHN process of getting casting email is at random; sometimes they do it alphabetically or depending on what Maze your in.  Last year I got casted really late though I’m a veteran so it doesn’t matter if your new or a veteran you can get casted anytime.  The only way you know that you’re not casted is if you get the email that says that. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, WESKER69 said:

Some went out last night, some this morning... MAYBE another wave will happen later.. But it will happen over the next couple of days.

The waiting is very nerve racking and anxiety inducing. Trust me, I know.

Thank you so much! Yeah it’s definitely hard to wait! I’m hoping that because I am 6’2 and have a pretty vast background that’s I have a good chance of making it. But you NEVER know!