HHN 2017 Speculation

7 minutes ago, dereksdominance said:

Based on these leaks, I'm slightly less excited for Shining and Jigsaw, and way more excited for AHS Roanoke and Titans of Terror maze. It sounds really cool to see this powerpoint prior to actually experiencing the maze. 

to anyone worried that saws basically gonna reuse traps remember since it's in a new location the traps will be done differently with new effects

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 11:02 PM, themazethinker said:

to anyone worried that saws basically gonna reuse traps remember since it's in a new location the traps will be done differently with new effects

You make a great point! I'm really hoping this maze feels fresh and unique while still feeling like a good ol' Saw maze. With the long list of traps throughout the films I just expected all new traps I guess. 

On 8/26/2017 at 11:02 PM, themazethinker said:

Yes.. its going from one tarp covered area to another tarp covered area. :rolleyes: New location doesn't mean anything, unless it was inside a soundstage. But when all of the maze locations are under black tarps held up by poles, the locations don't really make a difference in execution (except for Waterworld & Parisian Courtyard for obvious reasons). The only thing "different" about a previous trap will be a better representation compared to its previous incarnation, but that doesn't make it different. And honestly, I'm not expecting that much tweaking being done to certain previous returning traps. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

1 hour ago, dereksdominance said:

You make a great point! I'm really hoping this maze feels fresh and unique while still feeling like a good ol' Saw maze. With the long list of traps throughout the films I just expected all new traps I guess. 

It will feel fresh and unique because they aren't just rebuilding the exact same maze from 2009. It will still feel like a SAW maze, but it will still be familiar because its a returning IP. The problem with this IP is that its not really a "scary" franchise with an actual monster, unless you count cloaked pigs or a puppet on a tricycle. Even though there are a multitude of traps to choose from, not all of them are logically practical- in other words, "themepark friendly" (by that i mean in recreation & needing to be showcased every few seconds for several hours multiple nights for over a month).

SAW will be great (hopefully). I've seen a video of Hollywood's & the BTS video on the bluray, but I'll still partially be comparing it to Orlando's 2009 version (which wasn't terrible, but suffered greatly due to its location). Scares were minimal for Orlando, so I'm hoping they're present here... even if it is mostly from cloaked pigs. :wacko:

3 minutes ago, Horrorisprettyrad said:

I'm so excited for a maze based on a recycled horror franchise nobody cares about right now.

LOL, while I'm not too bummed about it, I get what you're saying....

If we take a step back and really look closer, this entire year is one huge mashup of repeat themes (the shining and blumhouse maze excluded)

We've done AHS, Evil Dead, Freddy, Jason, Leatherface, Insidious, Chucky, Saw, ect, and don't get me wrong I am stoked for this year, blumhouse aside,

but as I said, every theme except the listed above has been done in some way "All NEW maze" or not......I am stoked for AvED,The Shining, and Titans the most however..

I'm not complaining because I'll be doing G.A. and R.I.P. this year, but my goodness, I don't think last year's lineup will EVER be topped,

just my two cents. ;)

• Like 3

Just now, Horrorisprettyrad said:

Oh yeah i'm also totally excited about going this year, in fact i really don't care if most of the other attractions are recycled. What bothers me about insidious is that the characters and settings are completely uninteresting (except the further, though that was never successfully pulled off at horror nights), and I'm anticipating the maze to be a carbon copy of 2015 with a new room or two for chapter 4 (a movie that nobody knows anything about)

Long story short insidious is kinda boring

I disliked the films, honestly and they actually put me to sleep......No film has ever done that, however the mazes were fun.

I'll give the films another try before the event....This was years ago, so who knows?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WESKER69 said:

Yes.. its going from one tarp covered area to another tarp covered area. :rolleyes: New location doesn't mean anything, unless it was inside a soundstage. But when all of the maze locations are under black tarps held up by poles, the locations don't really make a difference in execution (except for Waterworld & Parisian Courtyard for obvious reasons). The only thing "different" about a previous trap will be a better representation compared to its previous incarnation, but that doesn't make it different. And honestly, I'm not expecting that much tweaking being done to certain previous returning traps. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

It will feel fresh and unique because they aren't just rebuilding the exact same maze from 2009. It will still feel like a SAW maze, but it will still be familiar because its a returning IP. The problem with this IP is that its not really a "scary" franchise with an actual monster, unless you count cloaked pigs or a puppet on a tricycle. Even though there are a multitude of traps to choose from, not all of them are logically practical- in other words, "themepark friendly" (by that i mean in recreation & needing to be showcased every few seconds for several hours multiple nights for over a month).

SAW will be great (hopefully). I've seen a video of Hollywood's & the BTS video on the bluray, but I'll still partially be comparing it to Orlando's 2009 version (which wasn't terrible, but suffered greatly due to its location). Scares were minimal for Orlando, so I'm hoping they're present here... even if it is mostly from cloaked pigs. :wacko:

hey wesker what were the traps in orlando and how were they done?

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 11:33 PM, WESKER69 said:

Squeee... I'd love to hear more about this maze. I wish there was pics and/or video footage of it.

I can't math, I was 7. Anywho, I can only remember a few specific things from that event.

1. Monsterquarium was in Waterworld. I vaguely remember a few switchbacks in the queuing area that were decorated but the bulk of my memory was walking around the waterfront. They had dead scuba divers and creatures from the black lagoon actually in the water, and a mad scientist was cutting the little mermaid in half with water spray effects.

2. I was chased to the Starway by a guy with a chainsaw. My mom watched the whole thing but I thought I got lost so I was terrified. I chewed on my glow necklace, breaking it in my mouth. Disgusting.

3. I was absolutely petrified by the Crypt Keeper when I was a kid, and I think he was something of an icon for the event that year because he was everywhere. I think he even had a maze because I remember walking through the first room and seeing him there, then spending the rest of the maze with my face buried in my mom’s hips just waiting for it to be over.  

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 11:33 AM, LeakyBumBum said:

I don't remember too many specifics about the beginning, there are two new demons in the new insidious movie, Key Demon and Dirty lady. I believe both of those will be heavily featured at the beginning of the maze. Then you go through a red door from 3rd movie and you see those scenes but this time they're all in the further. Then you go through second red door from 1st movie, scene from that movie but in the further. Then you go through a red prison door and you get scared by the 5 demons: Lipstick demon, Man Who Can't Breathe, bride in black, dirty lady, and Key demon. I never watched the movies but the maze has these two (like tv show investigators who are like a duo) and they introduce you to the maze, I believe they're also the ones outside doing the twitter password thing.  

I can't wait for Insidious, this sounds really cool!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

^Awesome. And yes, that was the year Hollywood had the Crypt Keeper. That is really interesting that they used the actual Waterworld stage/lagoon as well. Too bad there isn't any archival footage floating around.

24 minutes ago, themazethinker said:

hey wesker what were the traps in orlando and how were they done?

Oh god... that was 8 years ago lol... I can vaguely visually remember the layout for the most part. The facade was the warehouse,  the first scene was Jigsaw's lair complete with Billy puppet on a tricycle. There was a "barbwire trap" to pass by. There was a "hall of famous traps" (knife face, power drill, and like 1 or 2 others that I can't remember). Quite a few cloaked pig figures. There was the bathroom (obviously). The blood coffin from SAW V(?). Amanda with the reverse bear trap. The hospital bed with a dead John Kramer (Jigsaw). The finale was a circular room with about 6  curtained doorways with cloaked pig guys, 2 were scareactors the other 4 were dummies. They had a chainsaw wielding pig dude waiting outside the exit.

It was not a bad house that year, but due to its location it suffered immensely for it. Had everything worked properly & the conditions for the scareactors been better, this would've been an amazingly experience for everyone. The set design was pretty impressive, however the scares were mostly minimal because you're seeing victims in torture devices begging for help rather than scaring you. Since this was the JAWS ride queue, it did not have any A/C at all! So it was extremely hot/humid & the scareactors were suffering in their costumes. Everyone claims that this house was about timing or shits upon it because they didnt really see any scareactors when they went through. Well, the reason is, those poor scareactors were all overheating, passing out, vomiting, etc.. It was a completely miserable experience for them, which resulted in a less than stellar experience for the guests. Then of course you have these complicated traps, like the blood coffin which didn't work & was never fixed... so it was just "there". All of the other traps were basically "wearable" traps (and they were not light plastic costume props either). The scareactors suffered cuts/bruising from having to wear these traps every night. Remember, these traps are created to be seen on film for a short amount of time & NOT to wear for several hours while physically moving around night after night. Then of course you had the "show scene" traps where you just had to sit in the chair and struggle/scream. Soooooo hopefully, this year's SAW house goes over a lot better.

4 minutes ago, WESKER69 said:

^Awesome. And yes, that was the year Hollywood had the Crypt Keeper. That is really interesting that they used the actual Waterworld stage/lagoon as well. Too bad there isn't any archival footage floating around.

Oh god... that was 8 years ago lol... I can vaguely visually remember the layout for the most part. The facade was the warehouse,  the first scene was Jigsaw's lair complete with Billy puppet on a tricycle. There was a "barbwire trap" to pass by. There was a "hall of famous traps" (knife face, power drill, and like 1 or 2 others that I can't remember). Quite a few cloaked pig figures. There was the bathroom (obviously). The blood coffin from SAW V(?). Amanda with the reverse bear trap. The hospital bed with a dead John Kramer (Jigsaw). The finale was a circular room with about 6  curtained doorways with cloaked pig guys, 2 were scareactors the other 4 were dummies. They had a chainsaw wielding pig dude waiting outside the exit.

It was not a bad house that year, but due to its location it suffered immensely for it. Had everything worked properly & the conditions for the scareactors been better, this would've been an amazingly experience for everyone. The set design was pretty impressive, however the scares were mostly minimal because you're seeing victims in torture devices begging for help rather than scaring you. Since this was the JAWS ride queue, it did not have any A/C at all! So it was extremely hot/humid & the scareactors were suffering in their costumes. Everyone claims that this house was about timing or shits upon it because they didnt really see any scareactors when they went through. Well, the reason is, those poor scareactors were all overheating, passing out, vomiting, etc.. It was a completely miserable experience for them, which resulted in a less than stellar experience for the guests. Then of course you have these complicated traps, like the blood coffin which didn't work & was never fixed... so it was just "there". All of the other traps were basically "wearable" traps (and they were not light plastic costume props either). The scareactors suffered cuts/bruising from having to wear these traps every night. Remember, these traps are created to be seen on film for a short amount of time & NOT to wear for several hours while physically moving around night after night. Then of course you had the "show scene" traps where you just had to sit in the chair and struggle/scream. Soooooo hopefully, this year's SAW house goes over a lot better.

yeah i agree but there's one thing orlando did good, timers, now you maybe asking why, well it's because some guests will see that if the timer goes off something bads gonna happen but they want to stay in to see what that bad thing is, also if i recall the hall of famous traps also had the death mask and the scalping seat

Correct. The whole thing was supposed to be one big trap & you had like 3mins to escape (Live or die, make your choice!). Yea, that sounds about right.. I don't remember specific trap names & unfortunately we don't really have any footage of the actual house.

1 hour ago, MomoChinchi said:

What are the chances of that happening? I would like that to happen lol 

Considering it's a shared maze, and it's right around 9:40 in Orlando, I would say the chances are low. There may be a chance it's tomorrow or Wednesday but I think john saying it'll be coming soon means sometime this week. Going into September with announcements is a little crazy 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

Considering it's a shared maze, and it's right around 9:40 in Orlando, I would say the chances are low. There may be a chance it's tomorrow or Wednesday but I think john saying it'll be coming soon means sometime this week. Going into September with announcements is a little crazy 

I was thinking Wednesday too but the latest and I mean the latest would have to be Friday on the first of the month of September.

21 hours ago, WESKER69 said:

SAW will be great (hopefully). I've seen a video of Hollywood's & the BTS video on the bluray, but I'll still partially be comparing it to Orlando's 2009 version (which wasn't terrible, but suffered greatly due to its location). Scares were minimal for Orlando, so I'm hoping they're present here... even if it is mostly from cloaked pigs

You make a great point about many of the traps not being themepark/ maze friendly. Never thought of that. But there's definitely some mazes I think could easily be switched out with the previously used mazes, mostly just switching out traps in which victims are tied down or sitting down. These aren't scary but it will still feel fresh and different. I'm totally fine with cloaked pigs and Billy on a tricycle, I'm actually really looking forward to them. In 2010 Saw was the scariest maze to me ( probably because I had a great walkthrough with no one in front of me) and I'd really hope that I get scared repeatedly by them in this new maze. I was expecting this to be the gory maze this year but Roanoke sounds like it might be as well. 

19 minutes ago, StraightEdge said:

"By the pricking of my thumbs...something wicked this way comes."

Final announcement today. Murdy should announce it any second now. Yes, Yes, Yes.

Most announcements have been at a specific time on the hour so I say sit back for the next 13 minutes and we'll finally know what's inside this Blumhouse of Horrors 

Slight Miscalculation. Let's say we try this again in another 57 minutes? 

Edited by HorrorNightsFan13
  • Like 1

I was really hoping for one or a few more properties in the Blumhouse of Horrors. But I'm looking forward to Sinister. I really liked the first film, haven't seen the second... YET. I'll make sure to do that now. I'm also looking forward to see The Purge get a maze treatment. I'll make sure to go see Happy Death Day in theaters now too lol

But all the mazes have been announced, I think everything has been announced so far. Maybe besides another scare zone announcement. Now we WAIT for the event to come...

That's it guys! Speculation season is over! Everything is revealed! 2017 seems like a solid year for the most part. What's everyone's anticipation list? 

The Shining

Ash vs. Evil Dead

Titans of Terror 

American Horror Story: Roanoke

Insidious: Beyond the Further

Saw: The Games of Jigsaw

The Horrors of Blumhouse

• Like 1