HHN 2017 Speculation

3 minutes ago, LeakyBumBum said:

Update  for insidious: Tucker and Specs are the two outside doing the twitter password thing, and they introduce you to the house. Couldn't remember their names. 

One of the coolest things in my opinion are the stilt walkers that will be added to the lower metro sets. Their character designs are pretty dank. 

ALSO REJOICE, the tunnel won't suck this year. The characters in the tunnel also look really good. Actually scary and not some dudes in black robes shaking bean cans. 

Sinister, purge, happy death day. 

Did Murdy mention that Insidious and Blumhouse would get announced Monday?

43 minutes ago, LeakyBumBum said:

Yes, she showed us what I think is all the concept art for ALL of the scare zones. He did not talk about an opening ceremony.  The Hell-O-Ween scare zone has: pumpkin heads, scarecrows, witches, ghosts, bad bunny, teddy bear, and Go-Go dancers dressed in orange and black. 

Starts in the woods, then you move to the house. There's the hanging totems as part of the facade. Creative decided to use the piggy men from the real haunting (so basically from the second half of the show) and the real Butcher (so, not Kathy Bates' butcher). You'll end up going to the Polk's house where they have the flesh tearing scene. In the beginning of the maze there are burnt crosses and the dude on the spit roast. The ending is, in my opinion, the best part of the whole house. So get hyped for that. 

Shinning looked good but there are a lot of holograms and pepper's ghost stuff in there. The bloody elevator is all a projection. The twins are Pepper's ghosts. "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy" is a projection IIRC. There's  a whole room dedicated to that typewriter scene. You move out of the house and into the hedge maze (with snow) you see a few frozen Jack's. The last thing you see is the frozen Jack. 

I was never a real big fan of Insidious, but goddamn, the stuff Mrudy showed us looked pretty good. Insidious will also be the maze with the Twitter Password this year. If they can pull it off however, I think ToT or maybe even AvE are strong contenders for best maze. 

We didn't see any announcement videos for anything. 

How many chainsaw characters concept art did he show for the helloween scarezone 

25 minutes ago, LeakyBumBum said:

There are only three as far as I know: Hell-O-Ween, Toxic Tunnel, and Urban inferno 

Can you confirm or deny that French Street is gonna be used for Horrors of Blumhouse?

14 minutes ago, LeakyBumBum said:

You will have some variety 

Thank god; now it can't really be considered a repeat. Last questions, but (1) in AHS should we expect the Chen family, army of colonists, and the staircase from the farmhouse and (2) In the Shining will we see the Colorado Room and Ballroom

Can you just post the powerpoint here? k thx

/s

Anyway. If anyone in NorCal wants to scareact/just an easy-to-get job. California's Great America is hiring Haunt Talent like it's nothing. Basically anyone who shows up gets hired if they're available. Lol.

I'm a little disappointed in their casting, tho.. They put me as "SWAT zombie" but like.. I'm 100 pounds 5'5, so idk what they were thinking? Literally sitting right in front of the dude who casted me there. Lol.

Whatevz. As long as the costume fits I'll be fine. 

There was also constant "___ just isn't as good" since I told them I worked at Universal/been to Knott's. Like every other sentence, basically. Turns out everything they have here is recycled from Knott's. Lol. SO THAT'Z KOOL.

Streets were filled. Gonna try to be friends with one of the supervisors there and hope someone drops out and he can move me in. Seemed like he wanted me there and it was guaranteed had there been a spot open. Also there's no audition process WHICH IS SUPER WEIRD.

Sorry that was all off topic. ):

2 minutes ago, Kurseddragon said:

Can you just post the powerpoint here? k thx

/s

Anyway. If anyone in NorCal wants to scareact/just an easy-to-get job. California's Great America is hiring Haunt Talent like it's nothing. Basically anyone who shows up gets hired if they're available. Lol.

I'm a little disappointed in their casting, tho.. They put me as "SWAT zombie" but like.. I'm 100 pounds 5'5, so idk what they were thinking? Literally sitting right in front of the dude who casted me there. Lol.

Whatevz. As long as the costume fits I'll be fine. 

There was also constant "___ just isn't as good" since I told them I worked at Universal/been to Knott's. Like every other sentence, basically. Turns out everything they have here is recycled from Knott's. Lol. SO THAT'Z KOOL.

Streets were filled. Gonna try to be friends with one of the supervisors there and hope someone drops out and he can move me in. Seemed like he wanted me there and it was guaranteed had there been a spot open. Also there's no audition process WHICH IS SUPER WEIRD.

Sorry that was all off topic. ):

I go to Great America's Haunt every year with my friends. Most of the mazes aren't scary, but that Roadhouse one and the scarecrow one will get ya. Care to spoil the new mazes there?

Edited by wow

6 minutes ago, wow said:

I go to Great America's Haunt every year with my friends. Most of the mazes aren't scary, but that Roadhouse one and the scarecrow one will get ya. Care to spoil the new mazes there?

I believe the website has been updated. Lol. I asked for Toy Factory. He listed Toy Factory characters that were open. Then asked if I could act, but I said I'm bad at improv and was like "how about zombies" and I was like "zombies are fine" and then he put me as Swat zombie in Zombie High, SO I DON'T UNDERSTAND. but, seems like a really minimally ran event so far.