HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

IU's Legacy I think makes a good point about this whole thing. Though some on this board are already contesting it over there. But I think it makes more sense and is more constructive then to just say "lol marketing sucks where's the houses we already got leaked to us".

You can read it on the most recent pages of HHN27 Speculation on that board. The point that's most important is that he says Marketing may have seen June as a dead sales month. He points out other "major park haunts" being quiet as well. He's not wrong.

Howl-O-Scream Tampa, HHNO's "main competitor", just announced a ticket deal YESTERDAY. And that's it from them. They have not even announced THEIR theme, which was announced last year in...June.

Knott's Scary Farm, HHN Hollywood's main competitor, never announces in June anyway recently. 

Seems like a good point. 

6 minutes ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

IU's Legacy I think makes a good point about this whole thing. Though some on this board are already contesting it over there. But I think it makes more sense and is more constructive then to just say "lol marketing sucks where's the houses we already got leaked to us".

You can read it on the most recent pages of HHN27 Speculation on that board. The point that's most important is that he says Marketing may have seen June as a dead sales month. He points out other "major park haunts" being quiet as well. He's not wrong.

Howl-O-Scream Tampa, HHNO's "main competitor", just announced a ticket deal YESTERDAY. And that's it from them. They have not even announced THEIR theme, which was announced last year in...June.

Knott's Scary Farm, HHN Hollywood's main competitor, never announces in June anyway recently. 

Seems like a good point. 

Hollywood has already announced they're having an announcement next week, and it's going to be for Insidious Chp. 4(a Hollywood exclusive). Either you guys will announce one of your exclusives next week, or announce it today or tomorrow. To me it seems rediculous that you guys might have to two months for another announcement while Hollywood has it on a somewhat schedule. Also, Hollywood announced their AHS last week so you guys are very dry on announcements.

Edited by wow

3 minutes ago, wow said:

Hollywood has already announced they're having an announcement next week, and it's going to be for Insidious Chp. 4(a Hollywood exclusive). Either you guys will announce one of your exclusives next week, or announce it today or tomorrow. To me it seems rediculous that you guys might have to two months for another announcement while Hollywood has it on a somewhat schedule. Also, Hollywood announced their AHS last week so you guys are very dry on announcements.

Technically, their AHS was already announced. They just revealed fuller details ("Its only on Roanoke"). The parks are equal announcement wise, actually Orlando is sorta ahead for now because we have tickets up. Hollywood has more stuff to announce than we do since they have all IP's so they won't have any "grouped" announcements like our originals.

Icon / Two IP's: July

Last IP / Originals / VR: August

3 minutes ago, TheLadyGator said:

The HHN - Orlando Twitter has counted down from a post saying "53." at 1:07pm and "23." at 1:37pm. Could there be an announcement at 2pm? (EST) 

Oh, dont get me all excited! Because chances are they won't announce anything and then I'll be sad.

• Like 2

Just now, TheLadyGator said:

Lol I know, it's either an announcement or the biggest troll ever. 

giphy.gif

I hope it's an announcement. If it's a troll I'm going to go home and crawl into bed until we finally get an announcement! 

7 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

I'm betting they were originally planning to announce something by now. But then the Conjuring fell through. I think getting an extra original house is worth it.

I would much rather have an original than the Conjuring. It was a good movie, but the only thing I can think of when I imagine a Conjuring house is people clapping at me while I walk through a dark hallway. 

1 hour ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

Seems like a good point. 

There is a difference in actual marketing, i.e. announcements, and social media interactivity. My complaints in their marketing strategy are not a lack of announcements, but a lack of interactivity. You don't need to announce things to garner excitement. 

2008 is a prime example of this. Social media had yet to take hold, but there was enough interactivity through small updates and clues to drive daily multiple hits to Uni's website starting in June. 

As I said, it's not the lack of information, but the lack of imagination. 

They hold themselves as one of the best, but are doing very poorly to market that. You know how everyone complains about the Mouse living off of its past reputation while providing a noticeably inferior product? That's how I feel about the current marketing initiative. The product being the actual marketing attempts, not the event. The marketing is inadequate. They are basically vaguebooking through canned phrases and cliches. 

If you are going to attempt to engage fans via social media, you need to do a better job. 

• Like 7