2016 Audition Schedule & Tips

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Ghostsarejerks said:

Scare Academy tonight, what should I expect?

If it's like last year, lot of talking. You'll be sitting for the whole time. John Murdy will walk through every room of every maze (which is cool because we won't get a chance to see every maze) and goes over most characters and costumes. They'll talk about theming and saftey and general stuff that you heard at orientation. They try to pump you up for the event while also covering important information. They'll also give you the basics for scaring and how to be safe, but your rehearsal will help you more than anything with that.

They also talk about what your night will look like and how scarebase functions and such.

Edited by LetsMakeBiskuts
  • Like 1

Does anyone know where scarebase is? Is it all the way down past Waterworld? I was looking on the internet and I read it's a 10min-15min walk to scarebase after passing Walter's Gate.

I went to Scare Academy on Friday and after walking past Walter's Gate, I went out to the gate that led me to the Guest Service window and I ended up having to get a ticket as an employee guest. I waited 10min in line to get a guest ticket and I realized I was not supposed to do this.

I don't have rehearsal and the next time I come back will be on September 16 which is when Halloween Horror Nights starts and I just wanted to make sure I don't end up going the wrong way again getting lost.

4 hours ago, XNaut said:

Does anyone know where scarebase is? Is it all the way down past Waterworld? I was looking on the internet and I read it's a 10min-15min walk to scarebase after passing Walter's Gate.

I went to Scare Academy on Friday and after walking past Walter's Gate, I went out to the gate that led me to the Guest Service window and I ended up having to get a ticket as an employee guest. I waited 10min in line to get a guest ticket and I realized I was not supposed to do this.

I don't have rehearsal and the next time I come back will be on September 16 which is when Halloween Horror Nights starts and I just wanted to make sure I don't end up going the wrong way again getting lost.

When you go through Walters gate, just keep following the main path, you'll walk between two tall buildings pretty quickly and afterwards the road becomes a hill you'll walk down. You'll also then be walking on a sidewalk with a railing (it's not a steep hill). At the bottom of sidewalk-railing immediately go right.

you will then see a bunch of scare actors and a parking structure about 100 feet away.

Edited by LetsMakeBiskuts

Thanks LetsMakeBiskuts and Ghostsarejerks! I also remembered at the orientation when the staff was giving out the presentation said there will be footprints that will lead you to scarebase and when I walked past Walter's Gate, there weren't any footprints.

• 2 weeks later...

So I have my maze rehearsal tomorrow and I'm kind of freaking out what I should wear lol. Our supervisor sent us an email saying "be dressed to move because we will be running evacuation drills". I was hoping to just wear a t-shirt, jeans, and running shoes. Is this fine? 

Just now, KissARat said:

So I have my maze rehearsal tomorrow and I'm kind of freaking out what I should wear lol. Our supervisor sent us an email saying "be dressed to move because we will be running evacuation drills". I was hoping to just wear a t-shirt, jeans, and running shoes. Is this fine? 

That should be fine. By evacuation drills they mean getting out of your position safely if there's an emergency, not full blaze 5-alarm sprinting.

I'd say wear something you feel like you could jog in if they asked, and jeans can do the job. You'll probably just be walking around, seeing scarebase and practicing your scare a few times. Nothing major. T shirt, jeans and tennis shoes should be fine.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LetsMakeBiskuts said:

That should be fine. By evacuation drills they mean getting out of your position safely if there's an emergency, not full blaze 5-alarm sprinting.

I'd say wear something you feel like you could jog in if they asked, and jeans can do the job. You'll probably just be walking around, seeing scarebase and practicing your scare a few times. Nothing major. T shirt, jeans and tennis shoes should be fine.

Thanks!

Hello all,

Who else has had their on-boarding sessions? They end on the 10th, correct?
I'm hoping to get in again this year. I had to quit last year mid-run due to a family situation and scheduling conflicts.
Hopefully they're not holding that against me. Management seemed to be relatively impressed with my performance from last year.
My attendance record ended up being messed up with errors from last year. Got them cleared up and my manager from last year said everything is cool and is just waiting for HR to clear it.
Also called Scott directly and he said the same thing pretty much. So hoping I can get in this year, I know initial rehearsals and the like are coming to an end.

3 hours ago, XNaut said:

As a pool position it would be exciting if I got a chance to be part of the opening ceremony. I wouldn't know what to do and most likely I would just copy all the other scare actors lol.

I'm part of the opening this year. It's really cool what they're doing in my opinion (but I don't think I can talk about it until after opening)

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/1/2016 at 2:13 PM, Liamc9360 said:

Congrats! Maybe all I need to do to get it is doubt myself and I will get an email. Ok, here it goes...

guys im officially giving up. (Now we play the waiting game).

This is so weird... I got an email yesterday from universal. I start work next weekend!

On 8/1/2016 at 2:13 PM, Liamc9360 said:

Congrats! Maybe all I need to do to get it is doubt myself and I will get an email. Ok, here it goes...

guys im officially giving up. (Now we play the waiting game).

• Like 3