2016 Audition Schedule & Tips

I think the cast email has already been decided. Everyone who got their cast email are now supposed to update their application and it must be done by Sunday and then they're supposed to wait for another email for paperwork sessions that comes in July 25-July 29.

Yes, I have seen some people from last year and 2 years ago who didn't get cast email and then they end up getting an email around September or October saying they didn't get cast. I'm a first timer and I got cast. I really don't know how they cast people but I think they pick you if you fit the height and if you look like a certain character from a horror movie.

If you haven't heard back from them, you're still being considered. I'd expect they're going to do another round of casting emails next week (hopefully), but I have no idea how many people they casted this week.

Being in purgatory sucks big time, I was there two years ago and had to wait until late September to find out I couldn't be cast. They offered it to me but it was the one weekend I had a conflict so it didn't work out.

best of luck and hopefully they'll send out more emails soon.

On my cast email it says I'm supposed to update my application and I will get an email back to schedule for my new hire paperwork. I didn't get an email back. It says, "Update your application and once you've provided this information, you will receive an email to schedule your new hire paperwork. Paperwork sessions will begin on Monday, 7/25 and run through Friday 7/29. It is critical that you complete this step immediately to receive the paperwork session sign up and instructions." Am I supposed to get an email before Monday or am I supposed to get an email around Monday-Friday?

3 hours ago, XNaut said:

On my cast email it says I'm supposed to update my application and I will get an email back to schedule for my new hire paperwork. I didn't get an email back. It says, "Update your application and once you've provided this information, you will receive an email to schedule your new hire paperwork. Paperwork sessions will begin on Monday, 7/25 and run through Friday 7/29. It is critical that you complete this step immediately to receive the paperwork session sign up and instructions." Am I supposed to get an email before Monday or am I supposed to get an email around Monday-Friday?

I got my email an hour after I filled out the second part of the application. If you haven't recieved it yet, I would call staffing services or try and email them. 

17 hours ago, LetsMakeBiskuts said:

I got my email an hour after I filled out the second part of the application. If you haven't recieved it yet, I would call staffing services or try and email them. 

I don't think the staffing service work on weekends. I called, emailed, and no response from them. If they don't respond to me tomorrow or Tuesday, do you think it will be a good idea if I just come unexpected to the staffing service office or during the paperwork sessions saying I got cast but never got an email back for paperwork session schedule? In case they don't get back to me on Monday or Tuesday, what's their address?

Edited by XNaut
grammar mistake

1 hour ago, XNaut said:

I don't think the staffing service work on weekends. I called, emailed, and no response from them. If they don't respond to me tomorrow or Tuesday, do you think it will be a good idea if I just come unexpected to the staffing service office or during the paperwork sessions saying I got cast but never got an email back for paperwork session schedule? In case they don't get back to me on Monday or Tuesday, what's their address?

I don't know the exact address, but if you want to go there, it's right in the middle of CityWalk.  Go to the water-play area and go up the stairs opposite of the escalator and you will come to a building that says something like "staffing services".

They have a list and expect certain people at certain times. That being said, I don't know if it would be a bad idea to just show up. If you can only make a certain time (such as tomorrow morning) then I'd say just show up and explain to them. I'll be there tomorrow at 10, only time I could do.

They're generally pretty understanding and aren't crazy strict with this beginning stuff because they know it can be a little confusing.

2 hours ago, Ghostsarejerks said:

I'm so nervous, they should translate these real life crises into a maze. Just imagine, "Failing to File Your Income Taxes: Imagined by the IRS" or "Customer Service: The Customer Is Always Right"

I give you 2 'biskuts' for that post because it made me laugh.

Edited by LetsMakeBiskuts

4 hours ago, LetsMakeBiskuts said:

I heard from some people I know internally at universal that there's still more emails to go out and they may go out at the end of this week. They also will send out more after the new auditions. If you haven't heard back yet don't loose hope!

There's still a chance for emails to go out for people who auditioned on the first day?

• Like 1

Just now, KissARat said:

There's still a chance for emails to go out for people who auditioned on the first day?

Yes! I know quite a few rehires who auditioned that haven't heard back yet and I'm assuming most of them will or at least a good number. Until you get a "you have NOT been cast email", you could be cast at anytime, but there are supposed to be more emails going out soon (I've heard through the grapevine). Takes them a long time to sort through everybody.

• Like 1