2016 Audition Schedule & Tips

I got an email for my costume fitting and does anyone know if the costume fitting is at Universal Studios or is it at the Entertainment Production Center? I called and no one answered. How long is the orientation going to be?

Edited by XNaut

1 hour ago, XNaut said:

I got an email for my costume fitting and does anyone know if the costume fitting is at Universal Studios or is it at the Entertainment Production Center? I called and no one answered. How long is the orientation going to be?

I have never had a costume fitting, but I believe it is offsite at the production center. Also orientation is 2-3 hours.

20 hours ago, LetsMakeBiskuts said:

I have never had a costume fitting, but I believe it is offsite at the production center. Also orientation is 2-3 hours.

They never took your fittings for when you filled in for Dark Christmas or Exterminatorz? 

Edited by KissARat

3 hours ago, KissARat said:

They never took your fittings for when you filled in for Dark Christmas or Exterminatorz? 

I wore someone else's costume who wasn't there for the night. I was roughly the same size so I fit it pretty well. I was cast as terror tram, but was pulled for scarezones and they'd have someone fill my terror tram position multiple times during the run (near the middle and end of the run).

For terror tram, I was a purger dressed in normal street clothes so I assume they didn't need to fit me because they just got pants in my waist size and a medium sized shirt.

When you fill someone else's position, they care about height and that you're roughly the same height as them because then you'll most likely fit their costume.

Edited by LetsMakeBiskuts

If anyone sees me at orientation, I'm wearing a black collared shirt with a little skull and cross bones bunny where the polo should be, and I have a little red messanger bag across my back with a strap that is a seatbelt buckle, say Hi!

I also might be wearing my military style hat with a ton of buttons on it.

Edited by LetsMakeBiskuts
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, LetsMakeBiskuts said:

If anyone sees me at orientation, I'm wearing a black collared shirt with a little skull and cross bones bunny where the polo should be, and I have a little red messanger bag across my back with a strap that is a seatbelt buckle, say Hi!

I also might be wearing my military style hat with a ton of buttons on it.

Dang! I just saw this! I was wearing a dark blue navy collard shirt and black jeans. Good to see you though!

27 minutes ago, LetsMakeBiskuts said:

Everyone who made it through and went through orientation, what maze/area have you been cast in?

I'm scarezone 2 on the upper lot.

I'm FvJ :) 

Edited by KissARat

I don't understand this at all. At my orientation, my paper for my role says, "You temporarily work in the Character Pool." Even though I got cast on pool, I still had to go get a costume fitting. I tried on my costume at the fitting and it's from The Exorcist. Will I be cast in The Exorcist or will I be cast in pool and whoever is absent on playing that exorcist role I have to fill for that empty role? Is that how this works or did Universal make a complete mistake?

Edited by XNaut

3 hours ago, XNaut said:

I don't understand this at all. At my orientation, my paper for my role says, "You temporarily work in the Character Pool." Even though I got cast on pool, I still had to go get a costume fitting. I tried on my costume at the fitting and it's from The Exorcist. Will I be cast in The Exorcist or will I be cast in pool and whoever is absent on playing that exorcist role I have to fill for that empty role? Is that how this works or did Universal make a complete mistake?

I'm not sure why you were costume fit if you're in the pool, but if your role description sheet says pool then that's what I would go by.

Maybe they were fitting you with an extra exorcist costume because they are considering you as a swing for the exorcist. I.e. You could fill in many of the exorcist rolls for pool. Idk though, just guessing here.

47 minutes ago, LetsMakeBiskuts said:

I'm not sure why you were costume fit if you're in the pool, but if your role description sheet says pool then that's what I would go by.

Maybe they were fitting you with an extra exorcist costume because they are considering you as a swing for the exorcist. I.e. You could fill in many of the exorcist rolls for pool. Idk though, just guessing here.

I also forgot to mention the paper is completely blank and there was no highlight on anything and it didn't even leave the name of my supervisor. If I did get cast in pool, it should have also said the name of my supervisor.

1 hour ago, XNaut said:

I also forgot to mention the paper is completely blank and there was no highlight on anything and it didn't even leave the name of my supervisor. If I did get cast in pool, it should have also said the name of my supervisor.

Hm, you can always email them and ask.

29 minutes ago, XNaut said:

Scare Academy is the last appointment I go to and then I skip rehearsal because I got cast in pool?

If it doesn't say when on your casting sheet then I would assume so. Also I found out that free day use park tickets are effective immediately so I'm already in line for Harry potter

1 hour ago, KissARat said:

What's the difference between 1 and 2 in all roles?

Ghost is kind of correct. Terror tram has about twice as many actors as most mazes, so they divide it into two pieces, everything before the war of the world's set and everything after for training.