2016 Audition Schedule & Tips

• 2 weeks later...
On June 26, 2016 at 9:27 AM, Ghostsarejerks said:

I'm scheduled for the last time slot on Sunday, July 9. I auditioned for the Walking Dead attraction a while back but didn't make it. Any advice so that doesn't happen again this time?

The walking dead audition was much more competitive than HHN usually is from what I understand. I heard (though I could be wrong, I have acouple friends who made it and are part of the attraction) they needed actors who could work mostly full time or the majority of days for walking dead. And a lot of the people they hired are seasoned scarers. My entire July schedule was eaten up which is one of the reasons I think I didn't get chosen after callbacks. (Or I could have just sucked :P )

But for Halloween Horror Nights, don't worry, you'll show up, it'll most likely be much more laid back than walking dead (or hhn usually is more chill than those auditions were in the past years at least), but a very similar format. They'll have groups of 25 run around as monsters for a minute, and then they'll have all the first timers line up and do something one at a time, such as dying in a creative way or something like that.

My my advice is have a lot of energy! That's what they look for, energy and enthusiasm. You get one shot so give that 1 minute everything you have (and don't bump into anyone else!)! 

Hope that helps! 

Edit: I'm actially auditioning July 8th, friday at 3:45, had to reschedule.

Edited by LetsMakeBiskuts
Addition

I'm trying again this year, my audition is Saturday at 12:30. Last year I made it all the way through and thought I was all set, but then never got a call so I was pretty bummed. Hoping for better results this year, but at least feel like I'm going into it with my eyes open this time. 

• Like 1

I passed my Halloween Horror Nights Audition but the staff said I have to wait for an email or phone call from the Universal Casting representative to consider on casting me or not and the staff also said I have to scan something or else I won't get casted. What is it exactly I have to scan? Am I supposed to scan my email reply for casting consideration or am I supposed to scan my ID? How does scanning work?

Edited by XNaut
grammar mistake

Does it make a difference what day you audition? Last year I think I auditioned the second day, and this year my audition is for tomorrow. Trying to decide if it's worth it to switch to tonight instead of tomorrow... Thoughts anyone?

Got the golden ticket again! Hoping for year two and having my fingers crossed for scarezone 1, my dream.

XNaut, from here, you should have recieved a piece of paper after you were measured after the audition that has a QR code and a email address. Just send an email to ush.staffingservices@nbcuni.com telling them you passed the audition and need the employment application. Now you have to fill out an online application (by this Sunday, so don't delay) to formally apply for the job. In the next 2-3 weeks they will send out emails confirming who gets the job.

OMG I did not get a piece of paper with a QR code. I have to go back tomorrow and pick it up. LetsMakeBiskuts you are a lifesaver. I still have my congratulations card for proof that I passed the auditions so hopefully I can get the paper with the QR code tomorrow.

3 hours ago, Ghostsarejerks said:

Is it really that important to have a head shot and a resume? I know it's listed on the audition verification email but does it honestly affect your chances of passing?

Not at all. Tons of people (myself included) passed through the auditions without either. They take a headshot photo of you when you sign in for your audition anyways

11 hours ago, Ghostsarejerks said:

On the audition sheet it says that you'll receive a casting notification within 1 or 2 weeks, but when can you realistically expect a response?

It's anywhere from 1&1/2 to 3 weeks, closer to 2 weeks normally. They'll also release the notifications in batches over the course of a week generally.

• Like 1

I got an email today saying I got cast and says there will be more auditions. Is this going to be another elimination? Says I will get another email saying I have to fill out paperwork within July 25-July 29 and I haven't gotten another email. I will be so disappointed if I have to audition again and then get eliminated.

3 minutes ago, XNaut said:

I got an email today saying I got cast and says there will be more auditions. Is this going to be another elimination? Says I will get another email saying I have to fill out paperwork within July 25-July 29 and I haven't gotten another email. I will be so disappointed if I have to audition again and then get eliminated.

I'm pretty sure that means you're in