2016 Audition Schedule & Tips

12 minutes ago, Ghostsarejerks said:

I spoke too soon! Just got the casting email and I'm in!!!

Congrats! Maybe all I need to do to get it is doubt myself and I will get an email. Ok, here it goes...

guys im officially giving up. (Now we play the waiting game).

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Ghostsarejerks said:

Congrats, maybe I'll run into you next week

Yea for sure! Did you already get your follow up email after applying online again? 

4 minutes ago, ldh5086 said:

Congrats guys! Nothing here for me.. I think I've given up! :( 

Don't loose hope just yet!!! :)

1 hour ago, KissARat said:

Is a Black Out Performer considered a boring role? 

Depends on exactly what you're doing. I imagine working in Crimson Peak with "the tickler" last year must have been a lot of fun because I know it freaked everyone out. Just depends on the exact role and if you can find a way to make it fun.

Edited by LetsMakeBiskuts

8 hours ago, LetsMakeBiskuts said:

Depends on exactly what you're doing. I imagine working in Crimson Peak with "the tickler" last year must have been a lot of fun because I know it freaked everyone out. Just depends on the exact role and if you can find a way to make it fun.

I heard that The Exorcist was going to have a lot of black out performers. It's my first year, so fingers crossed that I get placed in a scare zone. The only thing I'm worried about are the masks being latex material. 

I think for all roles you will find out what you will be at your orientation or training. Blackout performers can sometimes be really scary. I remember at one maze called La Lorona, a blackout performer moving a puppet with a really scary face scared me, my sister, brother-in-law, and a bunch of other people that were behind us.

Edited by XNaut

You'll find out about your role at orientation.

Kissarat, I think I've only heard of a few people where were first years that got cast in scarezones, HOWEVER, last year was my first year, and I worked hard (in terror tram) to show off my scaring skills and was eventually bumped up to fill dark Christmas and exterminator positions for the last week and a half of the event, so even if you aren't cast in a scarezone initially, there's always hope if you have a good relationship with your supervisor and get to know Scott that something could happen.

Also if you're placed in the pool you could talk to Scott after proving you have good body control and energy (that's what they're really looking for for scarezones; Scareactors who have good body control so they won't bump into guests, but also crazy high energy so they can run for basically the whole 30+ minute set and stay constantly charged all night). 

Im so anxious for orientation and to find out what everyone's roles are, especially with this sweet lineup! My dream for this year, or any year for that matter, is to get a chainsaw. I talked with Scott about it a little last year, but only time will tell!

• Like 2

So I heard from a reliable source that there is one more group of emails going out this week, probably by Wednesday, and orientation will be next week after Monday they believe.

On August 5, 2016 at 8:57 PM, KissARat said:

I'm so excited lol. How's the scare academy like?

There's a couple different things they do:

-orientation: hearing tests, lots of getting talked to and sitting around, but at the end you find out what you are cast as!

-This pep rally thing where they go over most of what they covered at orientation and you, once again, sit around for a while listening to murdy and people talk, but at the end you meet your supervisors and get their information which is important.

-Rehearsals: it probably depends on your position, how in depth they go, but during your rehearsal time you will walk your maze/area and they will go over each individual scaring position and give you tips, then they do a dry run or two (at least that's what happened for me on terror tram). 

Then you don't do anything until employee preview (unless you have a chainsaw, I think you have to have a second training rehearsal and they do a small personal audition for brigade? Not entirely sure about this)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, XNaut said:

I kind of get the feeling I will be a victim because I'm a female and I noticed the victim roles always goes to the females   :/

That's not totally true. Victim roles are cast with males and females alike. Females can play any role throughout HHN from streets to mazes and everything in between. Don't think you'll get cast as a victim just because you're a female, you could be any role

5 hours ago, Ghostsarejerks said:

So orientation and scare academy are separate days?

Typically they are separate days. They could always change something up but for the past 6 years it's been different days. 

• Like 1

On 8/8/2016 at 8:51 PM, XNaut said:

I kind of get the feeling I will be a victim because I'm a female and I noticed the victim roles always goes to the females   :/

BEING A VICTIM IS SO MUCH FUN!!!! :) 

Hoping that there really are still some casting emails going out and keeping my fingers crossed there's one with my email on it..

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, XNaut said:

Some victim roles do look fun. If I am a victim, I atleast want to scream and move. The victim roles that are boring are the ones when you just need to lie down very still pretending you're dead.

Oh yeah those would suck. Anything they could use a dummy for though they typically do, rather than pay someone there to play dead. When I was a victim at HHN Orlando I got chased around with chainsaws and auctioned off on top of a bus. It was probably the most fun I've ever had in my life :)