HHN 2016: The Exorcist

horror lover

13 minutes ago, horror lover said:

For some reason, I want to bet that this will be in Soundstage 747, based on how "prestigious" this IP is.

Considering this may just take place in one room I doubt it. Im

gonna guess Jurassic Park or Universal Plaza. Speaking of I'm excited to see how Murdy pulls this off.

• Like 1

First off, congratulations to Murdy for finally catching his Moby Dick! I'm happy for Murdy. He's been wanting to do this for more than a decade. Glad to finally see the blood sweat and tears to getting the rights pay off. 

As for what they can work with, it doesn't have to be just in the room. Murdy did tweet in the past he would also use scenes from the third movie. They could also use the scene in the living room where Regan pees on the carpet and the basement where she finds the weegee board. They can use Capt. Howdy for the scare in those scenes. Throw in scenes from 3 as well as the spider walk scene and boom. You have enough material to work with. 

I'm excited but cautiously optimistic. I'm confident this will be a top ten for sure as this will be a passion project for  Murdy. Although this issue has improved last year, I really hope there won't be any choppy or inconsistent transitions as that tends to be Murdy's biggest weakness for designing mazes...namely the infamous black walls. It would be a shame for a house with great scenes weakened by choppy transitions. Yeah, I'm looking at you AWiL. 

But I'm stoked. Good for Murdy. I'm sure it'll be great. 

• Like 1

What a kick-off to the announcement season!  Iconic property and one of the top horror films of all time.  During Sunday's Monsterpalooza panel, there was extra seat in between John Murdy and Chris Williams as if they were planning on having a special guest.  And who was down the hall?  Linda Blair!  Would have been a spectacular way to announce the property.

• Like 1

I really hope they go all out and have completely uncensored sound bytes from the film.

I'm going first weekend. God knows everyone is gonna be offended to high heaven with this maze and it'll be toned down to nothing by After Party.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, DTH316 said:

I really hope they go all out and have completely uncensored sound bytes from the film.

I'm going first weekend. God knows everyone is gonna be offended to high heaven with this maze and it'll be toned down to nothing by After Party.

Lmao, that's so true.. but this is The Exorcist, dammit! It was vulgar and vile back in the day and that vulgarity still packs a punch to this day! Like you said, DTH, let's hope they go all out with this.

1 hour ago, DTH316 said:

Don't give your hopes up. If they bleep the word "hoe" out of the Jabawockeez show, there's no way they're going to allow even half the stuff Captain Howdy says in there. They have been really scared to offend people recently after Bill and Ted.

• Like 1

I doubt diolog will be unchanged, even in Orlando. They couldn't even leave the barker from Dusk Till Dawn alone(It is possible that he is less vulgar in the El Rey show;I've only seen the Rodriquez/Tarintino original) I have only gone to 24 and 25, but the worst I can recal from a house is Freddy's "Welcom to prime time"

5 hours ago, AsylumSB said:

What a kick-off to the announcement season!  Iconic property and one of the top horror films of all time.  During Sunday's Monsterpalooza panel, there was extra seat in between John Murdy and Chris Williams as if they were planning on having a special guest.  And who was down the hall?  Linda Blair!  Would have been a spectacular way to announce the property.

I was at that panel and thought the same thing!! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DTH316 said:

Though it'd be cool for Regan to tell us what our respective mothers are doing in hell in sure it will be change to "your mother is a delightful woman in company of gentlemen in heck" Hollywood is the one that gave in our speaking characters to 12 year olds who shouldn't be at the event ... And yes our FDTD doorman was vulgar and it was awesome (he is vulgar in the show as well)

• Like 1

Murray answered a few questions regarding the maze. Seems as though this may be similar to Evil Dead in that its FX heavy as murdy has described it in one of the tweets. I don't necessarily have a problem with that, but there were a few members here who weren't really fond of the effects used in that house.

Also he addressed the one room thing

8 minutes ago, Grindhousehero13 said:

And yes our FDTD doorman was vulgar and it was awesome (he is vulgar in the show as well)

When i asked for the password prize thing he put it in front of his crotch and went "take it!." Its was pretty funny. 

Murdy just a quick Q&A on Twitter and was asked how he could translate the

movie into a maze being that it's primarily based all in one room. He said that the banned trailer was a big inspiration for what he can do in between scenes. I think this is the trailer he is talking about. 

(Warning: Video contains excessive flashing!)

http://youtu.be/6XuB8DJ0AI8

9 minutes ago, Ridesandstuff said:

Murray answered a few questions regarding the maze. Seems as though this may be similar to Evil Dead in that its FX heavy as murdy has described it in one of the tweets. I don't necessarily have a problem with that, but there were a few members here who weren't really fond of the effects used in that house.

When i asked for the password prize thing he put it in front of his crotch and went "take it!." Its was pretty funny. 

Looks like we had the same idea! 

Edited by deadbydawn
  • Like 1

Well, it would've been nice to know where this was located. Here's what we got:

1) As was previously mentioned, the "in-between" scenes for the bedroom will take inspiration from the banned trailer.

2) This will be very blackout heavy. 

3) Will be very theatrical. Several scenes will not have traditional "jump-out" scares. 

From what Murdy is saying, this is going to be hit-or-miss execution. I'm looking forward to seeing how those effects are going to be pulled off as several of them can't be pulled off by a scare actor. Yeah, I know, this sounds eerily familiar to Evil Dead, but I'm confident Murdy will deliver. 

Those transitions better be good and not just some black walls. I really hope they're creative. 

2 hours ago, Ridesandstuff said:

The door man did the same thing to my group lol 

while im excited to see them

go a non traditional boo hole jump and scare I'm a bit worried about it being hit or miss most of these cases have been misses

11 hours ago, Freak said:

Well, it would've been nice to know where this was located. Here's what we got:

1) As was previously mentioned, the "in-between" scenes for the bedroom will take inspiration from the banned trailer.

2) This will be very blackout heavy. 

3) Will be very theatrical. Several scenes will not have traditional "jump-out" scares. 

From what Murdy is saying, this is going to be hit-or-miss execution. I'm looking forward to seeing how those effects are going to be pulled off as several of them can't be pulled off by a scare actor. Yeah, I know, this sounds eerily familiar to Evil Dead, but I'm confident Murdy will deliver. 

Those transitions better be good and not just some black walls. I really hope they're creative. 

Taking that "flash" effect from the trailer and using it for transition scenes could be cool - especially with that score. I'm not sure how feasible it is, but I'm sure projection mapping could even be utilized. 

23 minutes ago, Ridesandstuff said:

The flashing imagery is probably not the only element that will be utilized. They'll probably do something similar to what Orlando described as well. 

Totally. I am behind all of those ideas that Mike shared. 

• Like 1