HHN 2016: The Exorcist

horror lover

If the residence is what ends up being the facade, I would love to see it doused with fog, with a streetlight, a spotlight coming from the window, and a Father Merrin scareactor that greets you at the maze entrance.  That would creep me out even before going inside!:blink:

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, horrornightsafficianado said:

My biggest hope for this maze is that it includes a very talented contortionist to portray the spider walk scene, but knowing Murdy we will probably end up getting a puppet/animatronic.

There was a scareactor that did the spider-walk in the Evil Dead maze a few years ago.  It was incredibly effective and very unnatural looking.  I agree and hope they could find someone to pull off the trick!  Maybe an animatronic in one room, then an actual scare in the next.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AsylumSB said:

There was a scareactor that did the spider-walk in the Evil Dead maze a few years ago.  It was incredibly effective and very unnatural looking.  I agree and hope they could find someone to pull off the trick!  Maybe an animatronic in one room, then an actual scare in the next.

Someone did that in the Evil Dead maze? I don't remember that. What scene? 

On May 3, 2016 at 4:44 PM, AsylumSB said:

If the residence is what ends up being the facade, I would love to see it doused with fog, with a streetlight, a spotlight coming from the window, and a Father Merrin scareactor that greets you at the maze entrance.  That would creep me out even before going inside!:blink:

Me too!! I totally am picturing this in my head now. 

I'm cautiously optimistic about it. While I'm not a big fan of the Exorcist film, it does sound good for a house. However as much a Murdy will try to get it right, going theatrical (which in the case of this IP would work better), I can see it go so bad either it will be boring, or something will go wrong, or the some actors will not do so well. It's a fine line.

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, Murdy has been wanting to do this property for a very long time. He will put his hard work and effort into this maze. With the theatrical moments in the house included, it may not be the scariest maze but it will be the creepiest and most disturbing hhn maze of all time! He will not disappoint us!

• 3 weeks later...

Since Murdy has stated the goal of the maze is to make you feel what it's like to be possessed....

i believe the maze will be blackout heavy with voices of the priests saying all of their key sayings such as "the power of Christ compels you" and pressurized / sprinkled water ("holy water" for the sake of this maze) happening while you are in these blackout sections between the movie replica scenes. I also believe they will be finding ways to make the walls and ceilings in certain sections of the maze move and appear to crack like they did in the movie. I do expect the team to use jump scares but I believe they will use the blackout technique to a very different creepy way. I also believe this will be an awesome house. I do expect all of the classic scenes like the head turn and the projectile vomit. I also believe they will do the levitation scene with the girl above the bed with the white eyes. And yes, I do expect a puppet effect in some odd way (not 100% on that one lol). I believe they will do the spider walk scene down the stairs but I am afraid that having a scareactor do this every 10 to 30 seconds is unreasonable. I believe it will either be some sort of projection or a mechanical deal. 

Heres my follow up question, do you all think we will see a 3D house this year? And if so, what the heck could it be?????

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have mixed reviews about this maze. I liked the Pazuzu's, spiderwalk, puke room, and the levitation. When I went in this maze for the second time, a girl behind me was so scared and she kept touching me, pulling my hair, using me as a shield and I did not like that. I also did not like the Regan masks. They don't look like Regan at all and the masks are not even scary. The Regan masks were very poorly made.