HHN Hollywood 2016 Speculation

1 hour ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

He does say this on Jan. 19th

This maze also has some original elements, a crazy idea I had that was inspired by something from the movie but not in the movie...

Unless he's going off the script, I doubt he actually saw The Conjuring 2 at that point, since they only finished filming it in December. Unless you're assuming that he's going to use both films for inspiration?

I watched a fairly bright youtube video of the El Cucuy maze from 2013 and I didn't see a noticeable wig anywhere. I wonder what it looks like? Murdy is going to be the 1 wearing the wig in a cameo (Twitter Mar. 19th), so I'm not sure that he'll be a witch, but who knows?

I just stumbled upon another tidbit of info that strengthens the Conjuring (2) case. When Entertainment Weekly released the very 1st image of the film back in December, it was none other than Madison Wolfe. Maybe Murdy say the 1st picture and used it as inspiration for his codename?

I think it just came to me! Murdy had a cameo in the movie theater scene of El Cucuy. He played "Dr. Albondigas" in the luchador horror movie that is playing on the screen. He was wearing the wig there. He tweeted out this photo, where you can sort of make out what it looks like. I can't find any other photos of him wearing it. 

Edited by deadbydawn

Sometimes when the studios approach Murdy to do their movie as a maze he does get to look at the script as the case with Evil Dead he got the script a year before the movie came out but fuused to do it until the movie came out which is why they went knotts in 2012, it's in reason WB pushed conjuring on him and probably used Exorcist as a bargaining chip. On top of the relationship he has with James Wan as well I'd believe he could of seen the script

On May 8, 2016 at 5:15 PM, HauntJustyn said:

So Construction has started in the JP Queue today. Photo Credit: Inside Universal Ch4_eHUVEAAmeND.jpg

Unrelated, but my theory on why the tent looks taller than in previous years is because this maze will be The Conjuring.  The IP lines up with the hints given for "Wisconsin" which we know is the maze in this location.  The reason I think the tent seems taller is because it is.  Knott's stepped up their game last year with Paranormal, Inc., which if you are not familiar featured many aerial stunts and was fricken awesome.  It was received extremely well also.  My thinking is that Uni is going to step up their effect game and the crazy ending for this maze that isn't a scene that is directly in the movie will be an aerial stunt of the ghost girl from the movie (forgot her name) flying across the finale room (akin to the beginning of Paranormal, Inc. 

Just now, horrornightsafficianado said:

Unrelated, but my theory on why the tent looks taller than in previous years is because this maze will be The Conjuring.  The IP lines up with the hints given for "Wisconsin" which we know is the maze in this location.  The reason I think the tent seems taller is because it is.  Knott's stepped up their game last year with Paranormal, Inc., which if you are not familiar featured many aerial stunts and was fricken awesome.  It was received extremely well also.  My thinking is that Uni is going to step up their effect game and the crazy ending for this maze that isn't a scene that is directly in the movie will be an aerial stunt of the ghost girl from the movie (forgot her name) flying across the finale room (akin to the beginning of Paranormal, Inc. 

I would love that. Paranormal inc is a near flawless maze. The Conjuring would be great as well. But I feel that the Exorcist will this year's paranormal inc for universal  (Imo, I feel that would use more special effects for the exorcist than the conjuring). Also imagine the facade for the conjuring. It would be insane if they did the first film's facade!

1 hour ago, horrornightsafficianado said:

I loved Paranormal Inc last year. So good. I would not be opposed to seeing more of those types of stunts. 

I posted earlier about the possibility of The Smiths song/clue being Meat is Murder. Now I found this song sung by Doris Day. 

Anyone know any good films that have to do with meat? I can think of a few obvious ones... Texas Chainsaw Massacre (which I assume would have been announced already if it was chosen, unless it is based off the new film Leatherface coming out later this year), The Silence of the Lambs/Hannibal, The Hills Have Eyes, Green Inferno, Wrong Turn. There are a bunch of old school cannibal films, but I doubt they would choose something that isn't as well known to the gp. I would be stunned if they had a house that was zombie themed this year considering the new TWD attraction, so that eliminates all of that genre of flesh eating.

On a side note, I really enjoyed the movie Ravenous which involves cannibalism. If you haven't seen it yet, you should check it out. 

On an additional side note... I wonder if Rob Zombie's film 31 has any chance at all for consideration in Hollywood. The film is supposedly very graphic from what I read (anyone here seen it?). The dvd release is in the middle of September. When asked if he would ever do another maze with Rob, he said this on March 2nd, "

Rob is an old friend of HHN and we worked together on House of 1,000 Corpses years ago, which I loved as a maze...

Obviously Rob has his own Horror event now...hadn't seen him or his team in years until last year when I hung out with his manager at HHN... So you can draw your own conclusions from that.... "

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

A few things,

And when saying to John, about the houses, he mentioned this to me.

Personally curious, why do I think its not impossible that he's referring to one of the locations on the Backlot or  (and what I call most likely), him losing the Persian Courtyard.

He said he lost the location yesterday. That must be really annoying now that construction has already begun and it could definitely hurt whichever maze has to move. Speaking of which, I went to see Captain America at CityWalk yesterday and bumped into Murdy on the upper food court leaving a meeting. May have been him finding out that he can't use a specific location. 

1 hour ago, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

I doubt John would use Meat is Murder again. He used it for the 2012 Codename for Texas Chainsaw Massacre so using that again doesn't seem likely 

After rereading the clue, The Smiths are most likely irrelevant anyway. The opening dialog of the house is a secret ode to The Smith's, so it could literally be anything that he likes about them. 

The real hint (if you can call it that given how much Doris accomplished) is an album, song or movie by Doris Day. That is even more problematic than I originally thought given the fact that she performed... I don't know... close to 600-700 songs (maybe even more). I doubt that he'd even use 1 of her albums as an option since there are only 50 of those. As far as films go, imdb lists her for 103 soundtrack credits (including American Horror Story and a goofy Nightmare on Elm Street short) and 42 actress credits. I noticed the word dream is used in quite a bit of her work (Nightmare on Elm Street relation?). I believe she also did well with a Christmas album/songs (Krampus?). She sang I Only Have Eyes for You (Jeepers Creepers?). It's definitely hard to say with so many possibilities.

Also... Not sure if this actual means anything but he also said this (reminder).

This maze features a fairly long intro that will set up the story at the facade, before you go inside...some original filming for that

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

9 minutes ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

After rereading the clue, The Smiths are most likely irrelevant anyway. The opening dialog of the house is a secret ode to The Smith's, so it could literally be anything that he likes about them. 

The real hint (if you can call it that given how much Doris accomplished) is an album, song or movie by Doris Day. That is even more problematic than I originally thought given the fact that she performed... I don't know... close to 600-700 songs (maybe even more). I doubt that he'd even use 1 of her albums as an option since there are only 50 of those. As far as films go, imdb lists her for 103 soundtrack credits (including American Horror Story and a goofy Nightmare on Elm Street short) and 42 actress credits. I noticed the word dream is used in quite a bit of her work (Nightmare on Elm Street relation?). I believe she also did well with a Christmas album/songs (Krampus?). She sang I Only Have Eyes for You (Jeepers Creepers?). It's definitely hard to say with so many possibilities.

I used the song Street of Dreams for my connection to Freddy Vs. Jason. That street being Elm Street where both Freddy and Jason terrorize. And the song to connect to the smiths in relation to the opening dialogue is Suffer Little Children relating to how Freddy wants to come back and make his children suffer again. 

11 minutes ago, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

I used the song Street of Dreams for my connection to Freddy Vs. Jason. That street being Elm Street where both Freddy and Jason terrorize. And the song to connect to the smiths in relation to the opening dialogue is Suffer Little Children relating to how Freddy wants to come back and make his children suffer again. 

What would be the long setup intro? Something along the lines of this?

Maybe this...

The maze also has a small revolving piece of scenery that can alter a scene...its not huge but its a cool idea we added to the maze

Changes the winner of the battle. Last year in Orlando they would alternate who won at the end.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

42 minutes ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

What would be the long setup intro? Something along the lines of this?

Maybe this...

The maze also has a small revolving piece of scenery that can alter a scene...its not huge but its a cool idea we added to the maze

Changes the winner of the battle. Last year in Orlando they would alternate who won at the end.

You read my mind. Wow I never even saw that about the changing scenery but if that applies to FVJ then it'll probably be changing the winner 

It's sounding more like Dorris Day is FVJ. That long intro for the facade would only work if inside a sound stage. In BS and AVP, you always had to go in a small u-turn before going through the facade. That would give guests enough time to hear a fairly long intro. He could also be filming projection mapping on the facade for Freddy's house.

As for that revolving piece of scenery, yeah. That's totally FVJ. That would change a "winner" every time. Did anybody catch how many pages of treatment Murdy's wrote for this house? I've been terrible with the cheat sheet this year. If it's a lot, then yeah, FVJ seems likely for that code name. 

As as for the two venues they lost, they're the SS 28 lot (already mentioned) and most likely Parisian. They need a place for guests to sit and eat during the Summer. Maybe they could use the WaterWorkd queue to hold a house? There's plenty of room there for one plus a queue and for guests to line up and leave the show during the day. I just find that odd how Murdy really loves the most restricted venue of the event.  

26 minutes ago, Freak said:

It's sounding more like Dorris Day is FVJ. That long intro for the facade would only work if inside a sound stage. In BS and AVP, you always had to go in a small u-turn before going through the facade. That would give guests enough time to hear a fairly long intro. He could also be filming projection mapping on the facade for Freddy's house.

As for that revolving piece of scenery, yeah. That's totally FVJ. That would change a "winner" every time. Did anybody catch how many pages of treatment Murdy's wrote for this house? I've been terrible with the cheat sheet this year. If it's a lot, then yeah, FVJ seems likely for that code name. 

As as for the two venues they lost, they're the SS 28 lot (already mentioned) and most likely Parisian. They need a place for guests to sit and eat during the Summer. Maybe they could use the WaterWorkd queue to hold a house? There's plenty of room there for one plus a queue and for guests to line up and leave the show during the day. I just find that odd how Murdy really loves the most restricted venue of the event.  

I did some digging, the treatment was 90 pages. Here are some other things he said in the beginning of the year:

^90 pages? Ode to the Smiths in opening monologue? A more "original take" on a property? That's totally FVJ. Thanks for digging!

Oh, and I updated the cheat sheet. Sorry for dropping the ball this year. 

I don't see how the original take is on FVJ nor why... Nor why it needs a huge intro or a sound stage. The only reason AVP was in a ss was because of the huge set pieces, anything from F13 and NOES can and has been done in small venues. As far as original take dude it's simple the movie didn't even need too plot it's Jason and Freddy fighting and killing it great cause of it simplicity sometimes a burgers just a burger

• Like 1

So I decided that this Morning I would spend my time speculating about Codename "Doris Day" and I have made somewhat two connections. Before I do that like last time this is all the hints for "Doris Day" so far.

Hints:

1. Murdy researched old pop songs from the 50's and 60's that all include the same word in the title.

2. The opening line of Dialog is a strange secret code to "the smiths" (band).

3. The treatment is 90 pages long.

4. The facade took 10 pages to describe.

5. It is their own take on it.

6. It has to do with album, movie, or song title by "Doris Day".

7. The most original maze of the lineup

8. It features a fairy long intro to set up the story at the facade, and includes original filming for it.

9. Includes a small revolving piece of scenery that can alter a scene.

Alright here we go So I have two connections this is connection #1.

Connection #1: Code Name - "Doris Day"

Connections With Hints:

1. There are a total of 29 songs (well what I found) from the 50's and 60's with the word "Dream" in the title.

2. Freddy in the beginning of Freddy Vs Jason talks about the Children and there is a song by the Smiths titled "Suffer Little Children".

4. I would say Freddy's house would be the 10 page long facade

5. While I don't think Freddy Vs Jason is original by all means I think there are some things they can have a original take on.

6. A Song "Dream a little dream of me" by Doris Day, 1956.

8. I feel that there would be original filming and a long facade to set the story for Freddy vs Jason considering the Opening of Freddy vs Jason where Freddy talks about his history with Elm street it would make logically sense.

9. I feel that Hollywood is gonna do something like Orlando where ending changes from Freddy winning to Jason winning.

Additional Connections: 

. Doris Day did a soundtrack credits for a short called "Krueger: The Legend of Elm Street" with her song "Dream a little dream of me" in it

So yeah that's my connection I have another connection but I believe that this connection is stronger and there is more of a likely chance that Freddy vs Jason is "Doris Day" codename. Please comment or reply if you disagree and have a wonderful day.

So now Connection #2.

Connection #2: Code Name - "Doris Day"

Please note that I believe that my first connection is better than this connection but I felt like this would be worth sharing.

Connections With Hints:

1. There a lot of Christmas songs from the 50's and 60's with "Christmas" in the title.

2. The Smiths Christmas Album

4. The house in "Krampus" looks big enough to be 10 pages long and to be the facade.

5. Krampus feels a lot more original than Freddy Vs Jason and I think that they would have their own take on the "Krampus" character and story.

6. The Song, "Have yourself a Merry little Christmas" By Doris Day, 1957.

7. Krampus is extremely original and I feel would probably be the most original maze of this year (that's if it's coming).

8. I feel that they would use scene or dialog in "Krampus" where we learn about the Grandma's story as a way to set up the story, and could include original filming for it (also this could mean they could be using the Grandma's house for the facade).

9. Well this is a bit of a stretch but they could do the gingerbread scene with the upstairs attack scene or the ending.

Addition Connection:

. The Song "Have yourself a Merry little Christmas" plays at the ending of the film "Krampus".

So yeah those were my two connections "Freddy Vs Jason" and "Krampus" which I feel that some hints connect with "Freddy Vs Jason" more and some hints also connect with "Krampus" more but I feel it's Freddy vs Jason because it's a better connection considering the massive fan request for it. Please reply if you agree or disagree and other than that have a good day.

Edited by HauntJustyn

Take it for what you will, but on USHForums; insider Galindoverhere is saying that there may be a possibility of HHN having 7 to 8 houses this year. Plus the exclusion of the Shuttles of the Backlot, no RIP and Hogsmeade being open to the public.

Edited by Alexshow

1 hour ago, Alexshow said:

Take it for what you will, but on USHForums; insider Galindoverhere is saying that there may be a possibility of HHN having 7 to 8 houses this year. Plus the exclusion of the Shuttles of the Backlot, no RIP and Hogsmeade being open to the public.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say we're gonna get eight. I think someone brought this up earlier (Might have been USHForums), but outside of the five houses, there were 187 pages if treatment leftover, excluding the TWD. 

As for walking to the backlot: if more walking = more houses, I'm totally cool with that. 

9 minutes ago, deliciousoatmeal said:

I was late in 2014, but can someone say how well the early access situation worked out that year? If these rumors are true, the park layout is looking to be somewhat comparable to that year.

Opening weekend, I think it was just TWD, Insidious, and TITE they allowed early access to as well ad Jabawockeez. Then they expanded to the backlot since early entry needed to be expanded. Plus, they have people a FoL to one house incentive to see Jabawockeez. Now that the park is more laid out it will work out far better. 

I feel like they may do an early entry for Potter as well but that may be difficult to manage. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deliciousoatmeal said:

I was late in 2014, but can someone say how well the early access situation worked out that year? If these rumors are true, the park layout is looking to be somewhat comparable to that year.

Awful, if you did early entry by the time you got to the backlot, there were already 20+ min waits and after you got done with your first house it was over an hour waits. I'm not sure as to why it wasn't like that last year, I don't think the trams provide that much of an impact. It could be that that houses on the backlot last year weren't that interesting to the gp compared to the lower lot. If rumors are to be believed, the upper and lower lot seem to be holding the walking dead attraction, exorcist, and the conjuring. Pretty solid and won't make it completely imbalanced towards the backlot, even though a majority of the content will be back there. If you wants go with 5 houses on the backlot, that means 2 new locations back there, as we will be regaining the FDTD queue. I still can't see 5 back there, it's too many, I mean an expanded backlot would be cool, but it just isn't very good spacing. It's perfectly fine to wait a year or so if you want to do 8 houses, so you can get locations where you want and to have good pacing. It would be pretty ridiculous to have to enter through the front go down the stairway and walk all the way to the backlot just to see the majority of the content.

if we did lose Parisian, I feel bad for the French street scarezone actors cause no ones gonna walk through there