Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood 2016 "WISHLIST"

Haven't seen the film yet, but I'm still wondering if Krampus would still be worth doing next year. It's not a major movie, and by September of next year, will anyone even remember it? Why spend the money for the rights to a movie that won't be a huge draw? Just my 2 cents on the matter. I suppose there's a chance it happens, but i'm not holding my breath. I'm still sold on FvJ and The Conjuring being the 2 highest promoted IPs for 2016. The 3rd headliner is up for grabs. Maybe something Evil Dead related; I'm not expecting TWD again at all.

On 12/26/2015 at 6:42 PM, foREVer56 said:

Haven't seen the film yet, but I'm still wondering if Krampus would still be worth doing next year. It's not a major movie, and by September of next year, will anyone even remember it? Why spend the money for the rights to a movie that won't be a huge draw? Just my 2 cents on the matter. I suppose there's a chance it happens, but i'm not holding my breath. I'm still sold on FvJ and The Conjuring being the 2 highest promoted IPs for 2016. The 3rd headliner is up for grabs. Maybe something Evil Dead related; I'm not expecting TWD again at all.

It beat out Pixar though arguably supposably the weakest Pixar film but still that good for a horror movie especially during the Holidays and was well reviewed. It's Universal's own property plus Michael Dougherty and Murdy have been pushing to work with each other since Trick R Treat so even if the movie bombed they have nothing to lose especially with TWD and FVJ to fall back on.  

11 hours ago, Grindhousehero13 said:

It beat out Pixar though arguably supposably the weakest Pixar film but still that good for a horror movie especially during the Holidays and was well reviewed. It's Universal's own property plus Michael Dougherty and Murdy have been pushing to work with each other since Trick R Treat so even if the movie bombed they have nothing to lose especially with TWD and FVJ to fall back on.  

Except it didn't? Even though TGD bombed it still earned more than Krampus.

On 12/28/2015 at 8:58 AM, Dead Inside said:

Except it didn't? Even though TGD bombed it still earned more than Krampus.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/box-office-krampus-beats-good-dinosaur-with-162356321.html

though I should say I'm talking about opening weekend I really did not keep up TGD I've been over Pixar after Incredibles, but regardless to say Krampus bombed? making 

$56.1 million with a budget of $15 Million? It's not Star Wars money but that's pretty well for a non franchise horror movie coming out during holiday season with little to no hype outside of the horror community that's pretty good. My point in general was just it's not like most horror movies being put out lately (that are not Blumhouse)

10 hours ago, Grindhousehero13 said:

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/box-office-krampus-beats-good-dinosaur-with-162356321.html

though I should say I'm talking about opening weekend I really did not keep up TGD I've been over Pixar after Incredibles, but regardless to say Krampus bombed? making 

$56.1 million with a budget of $15 Million? It's not Star Wars money but that's pretty well for a non franchise horror movie coming out during holiday season with little to no hype outside of the horror community that's pretty good. My point in general was just it's not like most horror movies being put out lately (that are not Blumhouse)

I never said Krampus bombed and that wasn't TGD's opening weekend.

Sorry didn't mean to say you said was talking about Krampus in general and was talking about Krampus opening surpassing a Disney Pixar movie in the top 5 is great for a horror movie. Just saying (in general) it's not like it just came out and was static.

2 hours ago, Dead Inside said:

I never said Krampus bombed and that wasn't TGD's opening weekend.

So, Murdy has tweeted that the 2016 slate is nearly locked.

I do not recall this every happening this quickly.

Knowing how fluid and hard to lock down IP is, it makes me envision two scenarios:

1) All 2016 mazes will be related to Walking Dead.   Lots of readers just threw up in their mouth...

2) Maybe - just maybe - 2016 won't have that many IPs.  I know there's a better chance of my first scenario happening, but one can dream.

• Like 1

Assuming there's 6 houses again, it's easy to see why it's locked so early:

The Purge and The Conjuring are shoe ins 

FVJ comes to Hollywood a year after Orlando a la Halloween

TWD comes back because Murdy wants it

Krampus was a success for Universal and Murdy has experience with Dark Christmas

That leaves just one left.

• Like 2

On January 5, 2016 at 5:40 PM, zombieman said:

So, Murdy has tweeted that the 2016 slate is nearly locked.

I do not recall this every happening this quickly.

Knowing how fluid and hard to lock down IP is, it makes me envision two scenarios:

1) All 2016 mazes will be related to Walking Dead.   Lots of readers just threw up in their mouth...

2) Maybe - just maybe - 2016 won't have that many IPs.  I know there's a better chance of my first scenario happening, but one can dream.

I think the reason why the slates locked so quickly at this point is because Murdy already knew what he wanted during the event, pretty much. I seriously doubt that means there won't be very many IPs. FVJ and Conjuring are pretty much in the bag, TWD was something he's worked on some the past year on the side (As that will be a year-round attraction after HHN's run), Krampus and Purge are properties Uni already owns, and the rest of the properties are probably ones owned by producers he already has a good relationship with. Maybe we'll be fortunate enough to actually have a really good original concept. If we do, I'm sure he will make it the 3D house, unfortunately. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Grindhousehero13 said:

TWD year round????

Really? You didn't hear about this? This was Murdy's secret project. One of the leakers from 2015's line up said that Murdy is working on a year round haunt themed to TWD that will go in the HoB replacement building. That gap between that building and Baker will be for a queue. 

So so that's one house down. Add Conjuring and FVJ to most likely and we already know almost half the line up already.

10 minutes ago, Freak said:

Really? You didn't hear about this? This was Murdy's secret project. One of the leakers from 2015's line up said that Murdy is working on a year round haunt themed to TWD that will go in the HoB replacement building. That gap between that building and Baker will be for a queue. 

So so that's one house down. Add Conjuring and FVJ to most likely and we already know almost half the line up already.

Well.. one of his secret projects anyway.. :ninja:

On 1/5/2016 at 10:18 PM, Dead Inside said:

Assuming there's 6 houses again, it's easy to see why it's locked so early:

The Purge and The Conjuring are shoe ins 

FVJ comes to Hollywood a year after Orlando a la Halloween

TWD comes back because Murdy wants it

Krampus was a success for Universal and Murdy has experience with Dark Christmas

That leaves just one left.

Ash or Army of Darkness. Just makes sense to me. I also really do not think they'll stay at 6 houses. Last year's crowds per night seemed lower than 2013/14 (this is unconfirmed to me; just an observation, and is no way factual), but I blame that on 4 repeats, an IP no one gave a shit about, and a comedy that's 2 years old. If they do just FvJ, that'll warrant a big enough crowd on it's own for a 7th house. I say TWD will open with HHN and count as the 7th house, as it'll be separate from HHN's budget to build, and then just stay open.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Freak said:

I think we'll be back up at seven, personally. In my eyes, we never really went above six houses as the House of Horrors overlay never really was a "real" house. 

And TWD will serve as the new HoH, literally. A year round attraction that'll feature minimal changes as the seasons progress. There will be absolutely no reason to not 6 100% new houses each in addition to this. Hell, this attraction's budget is totally separate from HHN, so there's no reason why they can't build 7 new houses in addition to this. But I'm sure they'll justify it by having another dance show.