Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood 2016 "WISHLIST"

How about Bill Cosby: Here's some water

Yes Absolutely

In case you didn't know, that list i made earlier is not what i want to come, except jaws bloody waters. so heres my real list. Keep in mind this list is intended for John Murdy to be Creative Director for one last year.

1. Dark Christmas featuring Krampus

2. Conjuring

3. No 3D houses

4. A redoing of the 2006 Asylum maze or a Monsters and Mayhem type house featuring what Hollywood has done for the past 10 years

5. Ash vs Evil Dead/Army of Darkness

6. Something else on terror tram

7. Exterminatorz house

8. Some other new ip

9. Welcome To Hell scarezone at the front of the park

These are my hopes for 2016

Mazes:

1) Sequel to Halloween based on Halloween II taking place in the hospital [Mummy Queue]

2) Conjuring (Seems very likely) [JP Queue]

3) Either Original Dark Xmas/Krampus/Trick'r'Treat [Metro Sets Tent]

4) Walking Dead (it's happening) [New HoH Venue]

5) Freddy Vs. Jason [SS747]

6) American Horror Story mega-maze anthology-style featuring seasons 1-5 (I can dream) [SS28 Plot]

7) Original Maze (I think keeping with the Mexican folk-lore motif we should do either La Chupacabra with cool puppets or based off the real-life island of the dolls in Mexico) [Parisian Square]

(I am assuming due to Potter's imminent success next year our budget will be bumped up a bit and we can get 7 mazes again; isn't there supposed to be a new venue where HoH was)

Scarezones:

1) Trick'r'Treat scare zone on NY street (werewolf go-gos, escaped kids from bus with chainsaws, other monsters and characters)

2) Some paranormal themed scare zone on Baker Street with heavy fog and low lighting to go for a more creepy atmosphere

3) Mime-themed scare zone on French street where actors have face paint and cannot make any noise - also going for a more creepy atmosphere

4) Do it like how Orlando does the roaming hordes thing just make it like clowns or prisoners with chainsaws with extra fog lower lighting and scarier soundtrack for Lower Lot.

5) Purge on Backlot 

Terror Tram:

Original Urban Legends themed like a ghost hunt (La Llorona, El Cucuy, Bloody Mary, Candyman, La Chupacabra, Boogeyman, etc.)

Shows:

1) Academy of Villains (anythings better than Jabbawockeez)

2) The Drums show thing

In General:

I went to both Knott's and Queen Mary Dark Harbor this year and I think HHN should implement some of those style scares just to switch it up.  There was a little of it in the first room this year in TiTE, but they should just have some more roaming scare actors that don't have scare spots that are just there for atmosphere and a different type of scare.  Also the overhead scares in Insidious and Halloween were great this year and I hope they keep adding more of those.  Knott's makes great use of both the bungee cord and Overhead track scares, and I know HHN could execute it even better.  I would love to see a few of those and a maze like the Conjuring seems like the perfect place to start.  Also I know lines are insane and people get mad but it just ruins the experience when they pack so many people into the mazes so maybe even introducing some pre-show like rooms at the beginnings of mazes to help disperse crowds.

Edited by hhnfanforever
I wanted to add more.

Here's some mazes in no particular order that I would like. Maybe not all at once but one of them would be nice.

The Evil Within: Insane environments, terrifying characters. Only thing missing is the awareness, but it's not too hard to explain to GP.

BioShock: Again, absolutely breathtaking environments, creepy characters, and it's extremely well known. Only downside with this one is practicality, since being underwater is not an easy look to replicate.

Fallout: This one is a bit of a stretch as it's not necessarily horror, but a few jumpscares and it could easily be a genuinely terrifying maze. Plus, it's one of the most hyped games in the history of games, so no problem with awareness.

The Woman in Black: This one probably won't happen because of it's reliance on children, but I feel it could be very similar to Crimson Peak.

The Conjuring: I honestly don't know why this hasn't happened yet. I remember there being a reason but I forgot. Anyways, it would be fantastic.

I'm sure I'll think of more later.

The Conjuring: I honestly don't know why this hasn't happened yet. I remember there being a reason but I forgot. Anyways, it would be fantastic.

The Conjuring probably will happen due to the sequel coming out, Murdy knowing James Wan, The Conjuring having lots of maze material the movie being well known by the general public, and it being generally well received. And the reason it didn't happen before was the rights. The Conjuring was made by Warner Bros and at the time the conjuring first came out, Murdy was already busy working with James Wan on Insidious instead of The Conjuring

Edited by Sir2lazyThe2nd

Heres my semi realistic maze wish list:

1) Freddy vs Jason

2) Krampus

3) The Conjuring 1 & 2

4) The Walking Dead: No Way Out

5) The Babadook

6) The Witch

7) Army of Darkness

I am still waiting for Hellraiser to be officially announced for a movie reboot so I can get an HHN maze for that property. I just want to see fuckin Pinhead and his cenobites jumping out at me with sound/light triggers god damn it. Is that too much to ask for?

My wishful thinking for Hollywood's event:

I think we can say goodbye to TWD. It's rumored the only reason it was done again is because Hollywood's team wanted it, not because Comcast forced it on us. TWD was well received for you guys, but in Orlando it was total crap and at the bottom 2 of guest satisfaction surveys. Couple that with no one on the team wanting to do the IP, among other things, and it just seems like TWD is finally done. I doubt you guys get it if we don't.

AHS just won't happen. Forget about the fact that the show is decreasing in popularity every season. They've tried several times (in Orlando at least) to use the IP but can never work out the details with Fox. Rumors point to Fox wanting more sexually explicit content in the house than what Uni's willing to do, and they can never reach an agreement. 

But for what I think WILL happen:

-Freddy vs Jason (VERY well received in Orlando, people are begging for it, would bring in a ton of people. This is a no brainer to me.)

-The Conjuring (obvious reasons are obvious. This will be shared with Orlando.)

-The Purge (Same as Conjuring, will also be shared. The Purge in Orlando was originally Scream, but at the last minute they sprayed graffiti everywhere and covered a bunch of shit with black garbage bags etc. Set wise, worst house I've ever seen, and overall the house was pretty bad. But the GP LOVED it, and next year is the next installment. I see it being shared.)

-Army of Darkness (If Ash does well, I can see this being shared as well, as I think both directors are big ED fans)

-Current IP

-Current IP

-Either an original or an older IP

Show: Jabawokeez seems to be a hit with most people, so I anticipate another dance-style show (not them).

Im not gunna put a list together since it would mostly be repeat of what's been said. Plus, most of you know what I've wanted since 2011 lol. One thing I kind of want though is Scream Queens (dodges tomatoes). Seems like GP enjoyed TITE so a comedy/ horror property isn't out of the question. Plus with hollywood's obsession with celebrity and their shared demographic, I wouldn't put it past them.

Im not gunna put a list together since it would mostly be repeat of what's been said. Plus, most of you know what I've wanted since 2011 lol. One thing I kind of want though is Scream Queens (dodges tomatoes). Seems like GP enjoyed TITE so a comedy/ horror property isn't out of the question. Plus with hollywood's obsession with celebrity and their shared demographic, I wouldn't put it past them.

Wanna send me a link since I don't know what you want?

True but if the creators are pushing it like Orlando peeps are saying (I mean they normally have things right) I can see why... Not like Seth Rogan said "and there must be giant demon dongs everywhere" 

I think the only way we could get a proper AHS house would to not make it a maze at hhn at all and make it somewhere else. But that's for a different day.