Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood 2016 "WISHLIST"

Okay since this "would of been" the last night and they are doing surveys and such I think it's time to open the "Wishful thinking" thread but rebranded  "Wishlist". That being said there are some rules.

1. This is not Speculation.- You can bring up rumors and such IF you like the sound of it (ex. "Someone said that FVJ is mostly locked a FVJ maze would be awesome") but for the most part at least from now until Spring 2016 "Nothing is set" this thread will be strictly monitored so don't get into speculating. (Ex. "FVJ is locked said this source so now that we know this let's figure out the rest) this is purely "What you want" not "What you think is for sure".

2. This is not a fantasy thread, keep things in the realm of reality.- Think about it like you would a your christmas list as a kid specifically around your teens... (errr uhhh you get what I mean PC peeps) If you knew your parents could only afford to get you a XBOX and a few shirts... your not gonna ask for a damn Chevy Camaro. So no matter how bad you want a Jaws Bloody Water maze don't bring it up. Good examples (ex. Krampus, Freddy Vs Jason, ect.) Bad Example (ex. Slenderman, Paranormal Activity, ect.)

3. Bring up overall park and event improvement.- Anything you can think will make the overall event an improvement.

4. Keep it friendly.

5. Know Before you post.

- For our newer members and lurkers certain things are off the table so if one of the older member says it's not gonna happen there is a reason for it. It's not a big list and sometimes we can tell you the straight up reson like Murdy won't do Scream again because the rights are a nightmare. Some other you can choose to look into because we don't like Jeepers Creeper which Murdy refuses to do to because of moral reason because of controversy surrounding the director.

-Show wise this is what my brother heard from the survey people. Bill and Ted is still a topic that internally is still being brought up, and they are extremely aware of the demand for it, but don't expect it this year. I want it back too but it's not in our hands and is 99.9% not happening this year without an act of god.

- We have new clue on number of mazes it may go back to 7 it might stay at 6 who knows

well have fun guys I'll give you my input coming up

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mazes

1. Krampus- Satisfies the Trick r Treat and Dark Christmas fans, Universal own property, Murdy and Dougherty have been wanting to work with each, plus it was pimped out a lot at comic con, IGN, and even ABC Family had a sneak peak during the showing of Poltergeist. Murdy himself is looking forward to it.

2. Freddy Vs. Jason- Was a great maze in Orlando, Mike and John hook each other up with maze rights, high demand, triumphant return of the original Gruesome Twosome (not the Michael Bay remakes), Friday the 13th remake is coming out this year. Good chance to return to icon and overall theming.

3. The Purge 3- Fan favorite, Universal's own property, Jason Blum and John Murdy are BFF's at this point, they want to do something new at Horror Nights with each movie at this point a maze would be way cooler than a Terror Tram unless 3 provides some great stuff for the terror tram but we will see this summer.

4. The Forest-

They were promoting this Thursday at HHN it's Universal's own and is based off of the real life suicide forest in Japan (look it up pretty eerie stuff), so this would be a cool new cultural take on a maze. Some of the ghosts they show in the trailer look maze worthy especially the guy in thumbnail some of the environment looks cool but we'll see come January 8th but it looks promising fingers cross (oddly enough Universal has two horror movies released on the same day)

5. Rings- First off I know the Ring has been on most of people's lists and second did anyone know a 3rd Ring was coming out this year? if it's good I can say this would be a good maze could be based on all 3 movies.

6. At least one Original maze either Twisted fairytale or Alice In Wonderland (Hook it up Mike Aiello) that would actually be a cool idea to have a guest Original house from Mike like Roanoke or Asylum in Wonderland. But besides that also an original maze based on Exterminatorz would actually be pretty cool.

7. The Strain- Maybe we should Del Toro  another maze plus I really like the strain, AHS Hotel while great does not seem to have too much maze material.

6. Ash Vs The Evil Dead- because you know you want it lol.

8. If we do do The Walking Dead lets not focus too much like this year just the maze was pefect.

Shows-

1. I would not mind Academy of Villains they would be pretty cool with an illusionary and light show on Slaughterworld stage. But please no Jabbawokeez.

2. I've always wanted 20 Penny Circus to do HHNH since they did orlando and would fit perfectly in Castle Theater.

it could, or not I think Murdy said he wouldn't because it hard without revamping them as much as he loves them but Orlando does them every other year.

Though I'm thinking they won't because of the UCM expanded universe coming up. But its not out of the realm of possibilities

Edited by Grindhousehero13
  • Like 1

Yeah, Orlando seems to like sending out the UCM every couple of years

But not a reimagined/revamped.. I mean the original Chaney/Karloff/Lugosi incarnations..

I know Murdy has said it'd be hard to present to the modern HHN fans but he has also said that doing a Classic Monsters maze is one of his wishlist HHN projects.. 

I'll just say this..

Mazes:

- Freddy Vs Jason { A house that has been requested since it got announced for just Orlandos turf}

- Krampus/Dark Christmas {John and Michael wanting to work together}

- Alice Cooper {Very much a fan-favorite with the promise of it being a Trilogy}

- Ash Vs Evil Dead {It'd tie in for the Second Season for it}

- Fear The Walking Dead (might as well get this crap out of the way)

- The Conjuring {Johns relationship with James Wan could be a big reason, and it'd be able to tie in to a new movie}

Shows:

- Academy of Villans has a lot of potential they could do, especially with a entirely original show

TT:

- Purge, just to tie in with the new sequel to it

Edited by Alexshow

1.  Bring back Bill & Ted: Jabawockeez was horrible (worst haunt show I've ever seen), get rid of it and have an actually GOOD show.

2.  Have a 7th maze: Weren't we promised a 7th maze this year?

3.  Have at least 2/3 originals: Not sure why they don't do this, it's cheaper than getting the rights for IPs and we usually get at least one IP.

4.  Bring back VIP: Why was VIP gone this year?  I still haven't gotten an explanation.

5.  Have more scarezones

6.  Change the location of the Terror Tram

7.  Get rid of TWD: Sadly, this is probably the most unlikely on this list

Maze wishlist:

Freddy vs Jason

Alice Cooper 3

Dark Christmas/Welcome to Hell

Body Collectors

Evil Dead (Original)

Asylum in Wonderland 3D (I'd really like to see Hollywood's spin on this)

Original based an Urban Legend?

• Like 1

1.  Bring back Bill & Ted: Jabawockeez was horrible (worst haunt show I've ever seen), get rid of it and have an actually GOOD show.

2.  Have a 7th maze: Weren't we promised a 7th maze this year?

3.  Have at least 2/3 originals: Not sure why they don't do this, it's cheaper than getting the rights for IPs and we usually get at least one IP.

4.  Bring back VIP: Why was VIP gone this year?  I still haven't gotten an explanation.

5.  Have more scarezones

6.  Change the location of the Terror Tram

7.  Get rid of TWD: Sadly, this is probably the most unlikely on this list

Maze wishlist:

Freddy vs Jason

Alice Cooper 3

Dark Christmas/Welcome to Hell

Body Collectors

Evil Dead (Original)

Asylum in Wonderland 3D (I'd really like to see Hollywood's spin on this)

Original based an Urban Legend?

Hollywoods own Asylum in wonderland would be the best!!!! This needs to happen I wouldn't even mind it being 3D

One thing could we please PLEASE stop letting little 8th graders use Horror Night's Snapchat it's f'en annoying, Universal Hollywood is like marketing an ADULT event (as says so in fine print only for some god damn reason) as a baby sitting service then wonder why they keep getting sued and we lose all our good stuff all the while Universal Orlando is like "Booze it up grown ups!!! the party's never gonna end!!!" though I'm not saying add alcohol since we don't want all the punching that went on in Orlando just it needs to be more clear that this is intended for a mature audience. 

• Like 2

Walking through the house in my mind, and I can't figure out which parts you're referring to.

well maybe it's because I have so little confidence with Hollywood and 3D houses, but I think the vortex tunnel wouldn't be as good, they wouldn't do the comic book facade because that's an Orlando thing. And I have no faith that they can make it as triply as Alice was. I liked Asylum but not enough for me to see someone else try it, and it probably wouldn't be as good

well maybe it's because I have so little confidence with Hollywood and 3D houses, but I think the vortex tunnel wouldn't be as good, they wouldn't do the comic book facade because that's an Orlando thing. And I have no faith that they can make it as triply as Alice was. I liked Asylum but not enough for me to see someone else try it, and it probably wouldn't be as good

i would like to see a Hollywood rendition of it. It would at least have cooler sets. The latest 3D houses have not been very good so if they do something like this, I would like to see a balance of trippy and scary like Asylum was but with cooler sets. Only thing I didn't like about that house was the cardboard cut-out feel of all of the sets. I don't fault it that much as that was the "cheap" house and the visuals were effective. 

Okay to update my list

Mazes that NEED to happen

1. Krampus

2. Freddy Vs. Jason

3. The Walking Dead in maze only (Just saying since it is happening)

4. Purge 3 

5. Ring 3

6. The Forest

7. Asylum In Wonderland (Hollywood Version)/ or Exterminatorz maze

Shows

Villain's Academy

20 Penny Circus or something along the lines

New show that rivals B&T (Parody or such)

If we do Krampus maybe work with Dougherty to let Sam host a show.

Random

Scare Zone back in the lower lot

Keep Early Entry how it came out this year (big thumbs up)

If no Asylum in wonderland maze...Scarezone

Sliders return?

Better merchandise 

Stop letting 12 year old use HHN's Snapchat and stop trying to be hip with 12 year olds.

Keep both Harry Potter and The Forbidden Journey and Flight of the Hippogriff open for HHN to eat as much crowds as possible.

At least if you're not gonna have a barker let some characters have speaking roles instead of voice over dubs.

Return of Icons not saying you have to borrow one from Orlando (it would be nice) or create one but at least let Freddy or Krampus be the center of Marketing so don't have just TWD plastered all over everything...I love TWD but I don't another sipper with it on it.