Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure

Mark M.

Anticipated as always for this show but I hope I won't feel too old to get the references, not knowing much about this year's music and i felt it's been extremely lacking this year but I always felt that. So hope they hit home with a lot of movie references especially when we have Jurassic World, Furious 7, and Minions hitting the billion mark so they can rip on their own movies, also all the bombs of the summer like Fan4stic and Pixels and with the laughing stock of Donald Trump i feel this year will be plenty easy for the writer.

• Like 1

There should be lots of Trump, Cosby and 50 Shades of Grey.

Some ideas could be Bryce Dallas Howard wearing high heels in Jurassic World, Schwarzenegger riding an EVC instead of a motorcycle, Cookie from Empire, JK Simmons from Whiplash, a Cinderella/Game of Thrones mash up, Colin Firth from Kingsman, Brian Williams, Frank Underwood from House of Cards, anything from Mad Max.

It'd be great if they brought back original characters like Phil the Ultimate Fan Boy.

• Like 1

Rebel Wilson? lol 

Omg, yes! I'd love to see Fat Amy this year in the Bill and Ted show! 

I'd also like to see or think most likely will appear:

Jurassic World

Minions

Caitlyn Jenner

Taylor Swift in some shape or form (probably the song "Shake It Off" )

Donald Trump

Inside Out

Magic Mike XXL

Madonna's fall or one of her songs (Living for Love, Bitch I'm Madonna, etc.?)

Demi Lovato  or her new single "Cool For The Summer"

The blue/black white/gold dress

Left Shark 

• Like 2

what were the songs this year

From memory a few remaining are, the whip/naynay song, a nikki minaj song that wasn't anaconda I don't think, I need a hero, rehab from Amy Winehouse, Uma Thurman from Falloutboy, Thriller from MJ.

Some of the songs were flashback songs.

• Like 2

I'm really bummed because I really loved the show this year. Then again I got every single reference so maybe that's why, I was pretty much laughing the whole way through and the dance numbers were well done and entertaining.

If anyone has any questions about what anything was feel free to ask me. One that is often missed is the first person who is vaporized. She's from a series called Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (I hope the link works). It's a comedy and personally I loved the show, it aired back in spring of this year and season 2 (if we're lucky) isn't coming until spring of next year which is a major bummer. 

Also maybe it was just me but the opening number was a nod to Rocky Horror Picture Show if you pay attention.

Except for the dances, virtually none of the content of this show actually felt like it was done with care or finesse. Way too many of the jokes were "Hey audience, remember this pop culture from 2015?" or "Your show sucked!" or just having a character do something out-of-character. After the "Making a show based on a 25-year-old movie" line and reaction, the Christian Grey scene was the only part that actually seemed legitimately funny to me, and even then I would never have guessed who Christian Grey was if his name wasn't outright said in the script; the actor only looks a little like the character and little to none of his behavior matches in a way that makes him recognizable.

It was just....bleh. I'm getting the feeling that this particular writer's run (starting in 2012) is becoming more and more reliant on having a dedicated fanbase that unconditionally loves Bill & Ted, rather than needing to actually write something really funny. I'm not saying Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure needs to have deep multilayered satire or anything, but it needs to make jokes. Bringing out a character so you can say "Nobody saw your movie!" isn't a joke.

• Like 3